Page 116 of 163 FirstFirst ... 1666106114115116117118126 ... LastLast
Results 1,151 to 1,160 of 1624

Thread: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

  1. #1151
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    The Good Reverend lost count of all the fillies he had in his stable during that time....
    Are you saying that you are into bestiality....ewwww.


    heheheh
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #1152
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,705

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Then you must be gay my left wing friend.


    The Good Reverend is a lesbian trapped inside a mans body of pure awesomeness.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #1153
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    Considering that Navy Pride is on record here on this site bragging about committing adultry with a married woman while her husband was off serving our country, it is kind of ironic listening to him lecture others about being promiscuous.
    Please don't go there. It's petty and vindictive to keep bringing this up. Let it go, it's not needed to counter NP's arguments.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #1154
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,705

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Are you saying that you are into bestiality....ewwww.


    heheheh



    Depends on how drunk I am...
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #1155
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    What the **** does that mindless rant have to do with what I said or Navy said? If Navy is right, can you document that gays are the most promiscuous people in the world?
    The post was a direct response to the thread topic and discussion. You again ran from the tough questions, as usual.

  6. #1156
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,470

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I also think they are worth fairness. The military includes homosexuals who serve.
    Fairness is exactly what I'm talking about. What I've been suggesting all this time is a way for gays to serve, without fear of being discharged and to make this transition as comfortable as possible.

    I actually believe it will be far less tramatic than you think.
    I hope you're right; from the bottom of my heart, I hope so. But, what if you're wrong? And people die? Or, our combat strength is weakened?

    I agree with allowing gays to serve (which wasn't always my position. I've turned around a little on that issue.) But, the, "I'm gay and in yer face and if you don't like it tuff ****", approach isn't worth someone's life, nor damage to our armed forces. Do you think it's worth it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #1157
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:53 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The post was a direct response to the thread topic and discussion. You again ran from the tough questions, as usual.
    The post you quoted was a direct question of one of Navy's comments. It was quite specific.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #1158
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,470

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Your suggestion is not practical. It would involve complete changes in the way the military does business, including a change to traditions such as military birthday balls and predeployment functions, in which unit personnel are encouraged and even expected to bring significant others. It would also mean a restriction on one of the most important things to servicemembers' morale, support by family and friends for both parts of their lives, private and professional. A restriction on not being able to talk about relationships would most likely lead to more people in trouble. Heck, such a restriction could have led to my husband actually flying home (going UA) to deal with a bad personal problem at home. Because of the support of his Marine buddies, he was convinced of what a bad idea it really was. You cannot force people to lock their feelings away, this will lead to a lot bigger issues than a few people being uncomfortable.
    What's the argument been all this time? "Our soldiers are mature, intelligent and very proffessional, they can handle it"? Isn't that what we've heard?

    Also, I'm not talking about leaving DADT in place, permanently. But, at least for the time being leave it where it is, with modifications, ease into the transition and slowly lift the DADT restrictions until the policy is no longer needed. I think it's going to be a barrel of monkies, otherwise.

    Is it practical to have gays and straights billeting seperately? Part of what binds a unit together is the fact that they live together. I'm telling you, that's going to happen. The Commandant of the Marine Corps has already said that it's going to be necessary.
    Last edited by apdst; 12-15-10 at 02:28 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #1159
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The post you quoted was a direct question of one of Navy's comments. It was quite specific.
    Navy has made many comments on the thread topic and I stand by mine. You live in a real dream world where everything is perfect and you have all the answers. What happens if you are wrong? We know how the law has worked for the past 17 years so why change it?

  10. #1160
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Please don't go there. It's petty and vindictive to keep bringing this up. Let it go, it's not needed to counter NP's arguments.
    I'm sorry Redress...but when someone as self-righteous as NP comes on here and starts lecturing other's about morality and promiscuity, its hard not to point out the blatant hypocrisy. However....I get your point.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •