Page 108 of 163 FirstFirst ... 85898106107108109110118158 ... LastLast
Results 1,071 to 1,080 of 1624

Thread: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

  1. #1071
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I find it strange that you would rather take away more freedom from our troops than allow some of our troops the simple freedom of serving without fear that their sexuality will get them discharged.
    You want gays to be able to serve and protect the integrity of our combat forces, or what? This ain't a ****ing playground where everything is perfect and everybody gets what they want. It's a fighting force, that has one priority: defeat the enemy and bring as many of our people home back in one piece.

    You do realize that when a unit doesn't work right, people die. I knew a guy that died--during a training mission--because no one in his platoon was competant enough to call for a dustoff bird. This isn't about what's right, or fair, or neat, or cool, or PC, or groovy. It's about what's best for mission accomplishment and troop welfare and if that doesn't fall in line with your politics, then tough ****.

    Grow up! Please?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #1072
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Because I have common sense. I know what the real world is like. It won't work.
    That's debatable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #1073
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    It certainly made life worse in the 19 other countries that allow gays to serve openly in thier mlitary. Oh wait...it didn't.

    How many of those armies have you served in? None, right? So, you really don't know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #1074
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    No, I didn't mean that, but guys do joke in ways that are not always sensitive to everyone's feelings.
    Key word, everyone's, why are you singling LGBT people out?

    Probably, but that's what he signed up for.
    So it's wrong for him/her to seek out the comfort of a partner, but not a straight soldier to do the same? Please atleast acknowledge the hypocrisy in DADT.

  5. #1075
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    I'd bet that not a lot of the other soldiers in your unit did it. Some people don't want to make friendships within the military, that's fine for them. Most people are not like that. Most people can be a good soldier and still share their personal life.
    They were substandard soldiers, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #1076
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You want gays to be able to serve and protect the integrity of our combat forces, or what? This ain't a ****ing playground where everything is perfect and everybody gets what they want. It's a fighting force, that has one priority: defeat the enemy and bring as many of our people home back in one piece.

    You do realize that when a unit doesn't work right, people die. I knew a guy that died--during a training mission--because no one in his platoon was competant enough to call for a dustoff bird. This isn't about what's right, or fair, or neat, or cool, or PC, or groovy. It's about what's best for mission accomplishment and troop welfare and if that doesn't fall in line with your politics, then tough ****.

    Grow up! Please?
    Policemen and firemen put their lives on the line everyday and manage to work with openly gay coworkers. Somehow your argument rings of whining. If all that matters is completeing the mission, then you have no basis by which to oppose repeal of DADT.

  7. #1077
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,136

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How many of those armies have you served in? None, right? So, you really don't know.
    So basically, the only people who are allowed to have an opinion on military policy are those who served in it?

  8. #1078
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:21 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,727

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Key word, everyone's, why are you singling LGBT people out?
    Because that's what we've been talking about over the last thousand posts.


    So it's wrong for him/her to seek out the comfort of a partner, but not a straight soldier to do the same? Please atleast acknowledge the hypocrisy in DADT.
    I understand the argument.

  9. #1079
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Policemen and firemen put their lives on the line everyday and manage to work with openly gay coworkers. Somehow your argument rings of whining. If all that matters is completeing the mission, then you have no basis by which to oppose repeal of DADT.
    Not the same thing, bro. I don't expect you to get it. I mean, hell, there's no way you can.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #1080
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    So basically, the only people who are allowed to have an opinion on military policy are those who served in it?
    Not at all. People who have an informed opinion on military policy, are those who have actually served.

    Most of the vets on this forum have told you all what problems are going to arise from abolishing DADT. And ya'll simply refuse to listen, because you're smarter than we are, or something.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •