Page 105 of 163 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115155 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1624

Thread: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

  1. #1041
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You didn't when they had been to sea for 90 days...............The guys in the gay bars are doing the daisy chain thing everry night.....huge difference........
    What is with you and daisy chains? I honestly find it strange that I'm gay and never even heard of it before, and then learned about if from you.

  2. #1042
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    The entire thing needs to go away, and gays allowed to serve openly in the exact same manner that straights do. This would mean no punishment or discharges for a police officer seeing a legal marriage license in the home of a servicemember. This would mean no punishment or discharges for someone who is brings their loved one to a command function, and claims that person as their loved one, no matter the genders of the couple. This would mean the same punishment for two men/women found to be having sex on a military installation that is given to a man and a woman having sex on a military installation.
    There we go again with serving, "openly". Why can't they just, "serve"? Just, "serving", isn't "in yer face" enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #1043
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    In a way, you're making my point for me. I think it's a lot to ask of 18 year old recruits to have to walk on egg shells like what you're describing. We ask them to do a serious job, they should be able to blow off a little steam without fear of hurting someone's feelers ~ can you tell I'm a little frustrated with the PC culture?
    Which has nothing to do with homosexuals. There are homosexuals who insist on political correctness, but there are many more who don't. There are women who insist on political correctness, but there are many more who don't. There are even a few straight men who insist on political correctness, but many, many more who don't. There are even some within all these groups who insist on political correctness on only one issue or a few issues, or in certain situations, but then are some of the first ones to make rude or offensive comments/jokes that don't offend them. Insisting on political correctness is not reserved for any one group of people, but is rather based on certain individuals not being secure enough with themselves or just wanting to be jerks.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  4. #1044
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    There we go again with serving, "openly". Why can't they just, "serve"? Just, "serving", isn't "in yer face" enough?
    So a person choosing to date or marry someone of the same sex outside the military is "in yer face"? If a gay person decides to start a family and adopt children with a same sex partner, that is "in yer face"?

  5. #1045
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    05-17-17 @ 05:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,935

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    There we go again with serving, "openly". Why can't they just, "serve"? Just, "serving", isn't "in yer face" enough?
    If I can be "in yer face" with my sexuality by being able to bring up my husband in front of every person in my unit, pretty much whenever I want, then so should everyone else in the military, even gay people.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  6. #1046
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,361

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    In a way, you're making my point for me. I think it's a lot to ask of 18 year old recruits to have to walk on egg shells like what you're describing. We ask them to do a serious job, they should be able to blow off a little steam without fear of hurting someone's feelers ~ can you tell I'm a little frustrated with the PC culture?
    Lifting DADT won't force people to not blow off steam, and it's weird that you think blowing off steam= being offensive to LGBT people. But don't you think being nervous about being outed, and kicked out of the military is a bit too much to worry about for an 18 year old that is already doing a very stressful job?

  7. #1047
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    What is with you and daisy chains? I honestly find it strange that I'm gay and never even heard of it before, and then learned about if from you.
    I thought he was talking about anti-personel/tank mines, hooked up in a series. That's not it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #1048
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    So a person choosing to date or marry someone of the same sex outside the military is "in yer face"? If a gay person decides to start a family and adopt children with a same sex partner, that is "in yer face"?
    You want to be a soldier, or do you want to sit around and shoot the **** about your old man? It's not a ****ing social club.

    Sorry that the world can't be perfect just to suit you, but there it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #1049
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I thought he was talking about anti-personel/tank mines, hooked up in a series. That's not it?
    It's apparantly some sort of gay sex act. I haven't exactly lead a prudish existance, but even I hadn't heard of it until he mentioned it on this forum.

  10. #1050
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:37 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,444

    Re: 'Don't ask' repeal fails in Senate

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    If I can be "in yer face" with my sexuality by being able to bring up my husband in front of every person in my unit, pretty much whenever I want, then so should everyone else in the military, even gay people.
    Simple, create a regulation that prohibits talking about spouses.significant others, period. Problem solved. It's the military. Don't like it? get out, or don't join.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •