Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 36 of 36

Thread: Julian Assange should be awarded Nobel peace prize, suggests Russia

  1. #31
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: Julian Assange should be awarded Nobel peace prize, suggests Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Okay. So? You say this as if it's relevant. I'm glad to know some of the information that has been leaked about us. I realize, however, that other countries have far dirtier laundry.


    and he's going to ignore that to focus on us, or he was going to do that.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Julian Assange should be awarded Nobel peace prize, suggests Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    and he's going to ignore that to focus on us, or he was going to do that.
    I posted this above, but I will repost it here...

    First...I doubt the capacity of most classified documents to damage us very much.

    Second...our dirtiest laundry pales in comparison to what China, Cuba, etc. are hiding in their closets. We know this, and the world knows it.

    Third...some of what has been released is good for us, as citizens, to know about. The Dyncorp/sex slavery scandal, for instance.

    Don't you think that a lot of the governmental contractors need greater oversight? I do.

    I think it's good for us to see how effective our state department and DOD are in dealing with corrupt foreign powers. I think it's good for us (and the world) to see that we don't really have that much to hide.

    I'm okay with the Obamites being embarrassed because their manipulation of the climate accords were leaked. Do you think that's the sort of activity our country should be engaging in?

    So, in summarly...
    I think the reason that people like Robert Gates aren't reacting that much to this is because they realize that we don't have that much to hide.

    And, I'm not scared of anything that Assange is going to post about us. I refuse to be manipulated by the voices that tell me that we should be afraid of governmental openness and transparency.

    Sorry. I'm not going to overreact to this situation.
    Last edited by Catz Part Deux; 12-09-10 at 03:14 PM.

  3. #33
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: Julian Assange should be awarded Nobel peace prize, suggests Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I posted this above, but I will repost it here...

    First...I doubt the capacity of most classified documents to damage us very much.

    This I agree with, most of the crap that is "classified" is boring as ****.... However it only takes one document that destorys OPSEC for our troops. Manning swore an oath, and a fit of gay pride rage commited treason, the person recieving it, then posted information that our enemies are now data mining.


    one document is nothing, but if you look at a whole mess of them you can figure things out.....



    Second...our dirtiest laundry pales in comparison to what China, Cuba, etc. are hiding in their closets. We know this, and the world knows it.

    True, however, this does not give the right of those in possesion of stolen goods to make this information public.


    Third...some of what has been released is good for us, as citizens, to know about. The Dyncorp/sex slavery scandal, for instance.


    This just shows you that we take it far more serious than the UN.


    We knew about this before wikileaks.


    Don't you think that a lot of the governmental contractors need greater oversight? I do.

    Depends..... actually. in this case yes.



    I think it's good for us to see how effective our state department and DOD are in dealing with corrupt foreign powers. I think it's good for us (and the world) to see that we don't really have that much to hide.

    This part I agree with., That said. it was a betrayal by a soldier, and a release by a smug assface who has it out for the US.



    I think the reason that people like Robert Gates aren't reacting that much to this is because they realize that we don't have that much to hide.

    I'm ookay with the Obamites being embarrassed because their manipulation of the climate accords were leaked. Do you think that's the sort of activity our country should be engaging in?

    I'm not scared of anything that Assange is going to post about us.

    Sorry. I'm not going to overreact to this situation.


    I still think assface needs a bullet right in his face anus.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Last Seen
    10-15-12 @ 02:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    523

    Re: Julian Assange should be awarded Nobel peace prize, suggests Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Well, I view it as recieving stolen property, and giving said property to the enemy. A bullet in the head would be too nice for assface.
    I dispute that the government should have property rights over its secrets. Your position is laughable. What should they do to him? It'd be ironic if they kept him in Guantanamo and tortured him for the next 50 years, given that he leaked the manual they'd be using to do it.

    If Assange gets the death penalty I'll fly over and spend the 15 years before they execute him doing everything I can to help :P

  5. #35
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,492

    Re: Julian Assange should be awarded Nobel peace prize, suggests Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by SirPwn4lot View Post
    I dispute that the government should have property rights over its secrets. Your position is laughable. What should they do to him? It'd be ironic if they kept him in Guantanamo and tortured him for the next 50 years, given that he leaked the manual they'd be using to do it.

    Really? So if he was posting all of our troop locations its simply "too bad"? seriously?



    If Assange gets the death penalty I'll fly over and spend the 15 years before they execute him doing everything I can to help :P

    Like what? Writing indignant letters of dismay?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #36
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Last Seen
    10-15-12 @ 02:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    523

    Re: Julian Assange should be awarded Nobel peace prize, suggests Russia

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Really? So if he was posting all of our troop locations its simply "too bad"? seriously?
    I'd pull us out of both wars, and bring defense back to being...


    ......

    ..........

    defense

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Like what? Writing indignant letters of dismay?
    This was in jest... obviously...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •