Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 71

Thread: WH warns tax defeat could trigger new recession

  1. #11
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: WH warns tax defeat could trigger new recession

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    I'm just surprised that so many conservatives are happy the tax breaks will stay in place, when they're a huge deficit causing mechanism, surely if you're for fiscal conservatism, you might support the tax breaks expiring AND the federal government cutting their budget, therefore putting the feds on the road to a balanced budget, but instead, continue to support tax breaks whilst at the same time, gutting Obama for deficits.
    starving the beast is good

    letting all the tax cuts expire was the second best option

    because then the middle class would realize it is not just the rich who have to pay for all the idiotic government spending that mostly was created to appeal to the middle class



  2. #12
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,561

    Re: WH warns tax defeat could trigger new recession

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I'm curious as to whether some of you more "fervent" supporters of one side or the other see any problem with the tactics that both sides used. Especially the side that you support.
    I am pissed that the GOP caved on the handouts but that was political reality. I am glad that they didn't let the dems get what they wanted-shifting even more of the tax burden to the rich and thus allowing most people to continue to believe that the majority of taxpayers and tax consumers have no duty to do anything about the deficit



  3. #13
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: WH warns tax defeat could trigger new recession

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    So **** the deficit is what you're saying?

    I don't care either way, I'm just sayin...
    Oh, so now it's all about shrinking the deficit? Extending unemplyment bennies for nearly two more years probably isn't going to be very good for the deficit. Eh?

    Do you have enough experience in the real world, to understand that the more taxes you place on people, the harder they're going to work at avoiding them? What if--and this isn't at all far-fetched--raising taxes caused people to work twice as hard at avoiding taxes and it resulted in less revenue? Were that the case, what would have actually been accomplished at the end of the day?

    I'll say it for the umpteenth time, if it were really about shrinking the deficit and not about ****ing over people whom are considered to be too wealthy; Obama wouldn't have killed so many jobs with his kook fringe Leftist agenda.

    The DREAM Act passed this evening. How much is that **** going to cost us?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #14
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: WH warns tax defeat could trigger new recession

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Or how about the bipartisanship of the Republicans who said they would not support anything Democrats prposed unless they got what they wanted.
    How long since the Republicans have been in control?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #15
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: WH warns tax defeat could trigger new recession

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    I'm just surprised that so many conservatives are happy the tax breaks will stay in place, when they're a huge deficit causing mechanism, surely if you're for fiscal conservatism, you might support the tax breaks expiring AND the federal government cutting their budget, therefore putting the feds on the road to a balanced budget, but instead, continue to support tax breaks whilst at the same time, gutting Obama for deficits.
    What about Obamacare? That doesn't raise taxes enough on businesses? How much is it going to add to the deficit?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #16
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: WH warns tax defeat could trigger new recession

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I'm curious as to whether some of you more "fervent" supporters of one side or the other see any problem with the tactics that both sides used. Especially the side that you support.
    Are the tactics now any different than they were, say, 230 years ago?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #17
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: WH warns tax defeat could trigger new recession

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    So **** the deficit is what you're saying?

    I don't care either way, I'm just sayin...
    The debt will not be paid by Obama. there is still stimulus and tarp money. You do not see Obama or democrats talking about paying any of the debt.

  8. #18
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,604

    Re: WH warns tax defeat could trigger new recession

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    How long since the Republicans have been in control?
    Irrelevant. Oh, wait... that's right... I keep forgetting. You are of the mindset that if one side demonstrates bad behavior, it gives the other side the right to act out, too. Sorry, apdst... all that does is demonstrate that you are part of the issue that I presented. You don't care about the country. You care about winning verses the Democrats.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  9. #19
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,604

    Re: WH warns tax defeat could trigger new recession

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Are the tactics now any different than they were, say, 230 years ago?
    I would say probably not. I've read a lot about the history of partisanship and this has been going on forever. Doesn't mean it's OK.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #20
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,709

    Re: WH warns tax defeat could trigger new recession

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    The debt will not be paid by Obama. there is still stimulus and tarp money. You do not see Obama or democrats talking about paying any of the debt.
    Letting the tax cuts for the wealthy expire would decrease the deficit.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •