Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 115

Thread: Berkeley Mulls Resolution to Honor Army Private Accused of Leaks

  1. #41
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:30 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,071

    Re: Berkeley Mulls Resolution to Honor Army Private Accused of Leaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    A publisher.

    Do you want newspapers to stop writing articles critical of decisions made by the Obama administration?
    So publishing a cable where we name our own strategic targets is akin to finding corruption in the banking industry?

    And publishing cables where one of our public officials makes a private comment that might insult -or worse - a foreign diplomat or leader is productive as a piece of journalism exactly how?

    This is basically a TMZ organization, except it plays with international affairs and relationships, not Hollywood celebrities.

  2. #42
    Sage
    Hicup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 03:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    7,846

    Re: Berkeley Mulls Resolution to Honor Army Private Accused of Leaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    FoxNews.com - California Town Mulls Resolution to Honor Army Private Accused of Passing Secret Info to WikiLeaks



    Ah yes, the liberals just love a good America hater.

    How long until the first Julian Assange statue is erected in front of the town hall at Berkley?

    Libs now have their new superheroes. I'm sure it's just killing Obama and Holder to have to prosecute this guy. He is, after all, everything they aspire to be.

    And now, the Debate Politics cast of liberals are up next to attack me, too! Grab some popcorn.
    Didn't read the whole thread, but there is NO WAY in hell this low level private is responsible for all these leaks. Why is no one asking that question in the media? Am I missing something?


    Tim-
    “When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators.” - P. J. O’Rourke
    “Socialism is great until you run out of someone elses money” Margaret Thatcher

  3. #43
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Berkeley Mulls Resolution to Honor Army Private Accused of Leaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Berkley is considering honoring the man. That makes this pretty damn partisan.
    No, actually it doesn't. Not in any way in fact.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Berkeley Mulls Resolution to Honor Army Private Accused of Leaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    So publishing a cable where we name our own strategic targets is akin to finding corruption in the banking industry?
    Do you know the difference between classified information and top secret information, Erod?

    And publishing cables where one of our public officials makes a private comment that might insult -or worse - a foreign diplomat or leader is productive as a piece of journalism exactly how?
    Robert Gates:

    Now, I’ve heard the impact of these releases on our foreign policy described as a meltdown, as a game-changer, and so on. I think -- I think those descriptions are fairly significantly overwrought. The fact is, governments deal with the United States because it’s in their interest, not because they like us, not because they trust us, and not because they believe we can keep secrets.

    Many governments -- some governments deal with us because they fear us, some because they respect us, most because they need us. We are still essentially, as has been said before, the indispensable nation. So other nations will continue to deal with us. They will continue to work with us. We will continue to share sensitive information with one another. Is this embarrassing? Yes. Is it awkward? Yes. Consequences for U.S. foreign policy? I think fairly modest.
    It's really a question of who I trust more to ascertain the risks of these leaks...

    The Secretary of Defense who has worked in the field for 30+ years?

    Or, some overwrought anonymous partisan shills on a message board?

    I think I'm going to go with Sec Def, and his assessment of the situation. But, thanks for playing.

    This is basically a TMZ organization, except it plays with international affairs and relationships, not Hollywood celebrities.
    So, you don't want to know that Dyncorp used tax dollars to purchase little boys for sexual purposes for Afghani officials?

    US embassy cables: Afghan government asks US to quash 'dancing boys' scandal | World news | guardian.co.uk

  5. #45
    Global Moderator
    Truth will set you free
    digsbe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Metro Washington DC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    18,984

    Re: Berkeley Mulls Resolution to Honor Army Private Accused of Leaks

    Disgusting, only in Berkley. Let's honor a treasonous coward as a hero. Simply atrocious.
    When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser. -Socrates
    Tired of elections being between the lesser of two evils.

  6. #46
    Sage
    mpg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Milford, CT
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    7,769

    Re: Berkeley Mulls Resolution to Honor Army Private Accused of Leaks

    I certainly hope that the mainstream left is outraged by this.
    If you expect people to be rational, you aren't being rational.

  7. #47
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:14 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,328
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Berkeley Mulls Resolution to Honor Army Private Accused of Leaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Do you know the difference between classified information and top secret information, Erod?
    You can do better than this Catz. You totally fail in this post to counter Erod. I know how they are the same: they both are not allowed to be freely disseminated.



    Robert Gates:



    It's really a question of who I trust more to ascertain the risks of these leaks...

    The Secretary of Defense who has worked in the field for 30+ years?

    Or, some overwrought anonymous partisan shills on a message board?

    I think I'm going to go with Sec Def, and his assessment of the situation. But, thanks for playing.
    First, you failed entirely to address what Erod said and built another straw man. In point of fact, the quote you post actually helps Erod's case. Erod said it was unproductive to post the info, and Gates admits it does not help the US.


    So, you don't want to know that Dyncorp used tax dollars to purchase little boys for sexual purposes for Afghani officials?

    US embassy cables: Afghan government asks US to quash 'dancing boys' scandal | World news | guardian.co.uk
    And you once again make Erod's point in pointing out a TMZ type situation. You almost seem as if you intended to fail in this post Catz. You normally do much better.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #48
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:30 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,071

    Re: Berkeley Mulls Resolution to Honor Army Private Accused of Leaks

    Quote Originally Posted by mpg View Post
    I certainly hope that the mainstream left is outraged by this.
    Nope. Most of them are championing it.

    However, I also think it is dividing liberals, too. And that is a good thing, much like the DADT is dividing Republicans. Both are healthy in that regard.
    Last edited by Erod; 12-09-10 at 12:39 PM.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Berkeley Mulls Resolution to Honor Army Private Accused of Leaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    they both are not allowed to be freely disseminated.
    The difference is that sharing classified material is not generally seen as an act of espionage. That's not true for top secret materials. Do you understand that government/elected officials leak classified materials ALL THE DAMN TIME, on an almost daily basis, to further their goals? Do you understand that there are over 1 million Americans (plus foreign contractors and nationals) who have access to classified material on an almost daily basis?

    If this classified material were actually as detrimental to our wellbeing as you'd like to claim, it would have been classified as top secret, and PRIVATE BENNING WOULD NOT HAVE BEEN ABLE TO ACCESS IT.

    Please stop misrepresenting what was actually leaked as if it truly endangers people's lives.

    The information about possible targets is readily accessible utilizing a google search and a little common sense.

    In point of fact, the quote you post actually helps Erod's case. Erod said it was unproductive to post the info, and Gates admits it does not help the US.
    Did you actually read the quote from Gates? Is this situation embarrassing? sure. Is it as detrimental as Erod wishes to claim (warranting execution by firing squad)? Hell no. And, that's exactly what Gates said.

    And you once again make Erod's point in pointing out a TMZ type situation.
    Really. It's celebrity gossip to address the fact that taxpayer dollars went to pay for child prostitution for Afghani diplomats through Dyncorp?

    I'm sorry, but I think you've lost all perspective here. If there is a leak that is on par with the Pentagon Papers, that's it.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Berkeley Mulls Resolution to Honor Army Private Accused of Leaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Nope. Most of them are championing it.

    However, I also think it is dividing liberals, too. And that is a good thing, much like the DADT is dividing Republicans. Both are healthy in that regard.


    Really. You mean Nancy Pelosi and Barak Obama are applauding?

    Seriously, Erod. Do you even read what you post, or think about it?

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •