Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 115

Thread: Berkeley Mulls Resolution to Honor Army Private Accused of Leaks

  1. #31
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Berkeley Mulls Resolution to Honor Army Private Accused of Leaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    That's if he sees an American courtroom. There are other places to take him. China?
    Exactly why would we try Private Benning, a U.S. army soldier, in China?

    Feel free to explain yourself.

  2. #32
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,054

    Re: Berkeley Mulls Resolution to Honor Army Private Accused of Leaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Exactly why would we try Private Benning, a U.S. army soldier, in China?

    Feel free to explain yourself.
    If you go back, I was referring to a post about Assange, not Benning.

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Berkeley Mulls Resolution to Honor Army Private Accused of Leaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    If you go back, I was referring to a post about Assange, not Benning.
    How exactly do you propose that we try Assange for treason, when HE ISN'T A U.S. CITIZEN?

    Your posts here make you look ridiculously unaware of the topic of discussion.

  4. #34
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,054

    Re: Berkeley Mulls Resolution to Honor Army Private Accused of Leaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    How exactly do you propose that we try Assange for treason, when HE ISN'T A U.S. CITIZEN?

    Your posts here make you look ridiculously unaware of the topic of discussion.
    I never said he should be tried for treason. Benning is the spy in this; Assange is his foreign accomplice and an enemy combatant of the US.

    He's Manuel Noriega to us. He should be handled accordingly.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Berkeley Mulls Resolution to Honor Army Private Accused of Leaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Assange is his foreign accomplice and an enemy combatant of the US.

    He's Manuel Noriega to us. He should be handled accordingly.
    Assange is an enemy combatant? Do you read what you post? LOL.

  6. #36
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:02 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,054

    Re: Berkeley Mulls Resolution to Honor Army Private Accused of Leaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Assange is an enemy combatant? Do you read what you post? LOL.
    What would you call a guy who is publishing stolen cables harmful to United States interests?

  7. #37
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Berkeley Mulls Resolution to Honor Army Private Accused of Leaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    What would you call a guy who is publishing stolen cables harmful to United States interests?
    A publisher.

    Do you want newspapers to stop writing articles critical of decisions made by the Obama administration?

  8. #38
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: Berkeley Mulls Resolution to Honor Army Private Accused of Leaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Nice straw man. We should not honor spies, I have not said we should honor spies. I have not implied we should honor spies. In point of fact, nothing I posted had anything to do with Manning, only with the kind of people who try and make something which is not partisan into something which is.
    Berkley is considering honoring the man. That makes this pretty damn partisan.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  9. #39
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: Berkeley Mulls Resolution to Honor Army Private Accused of Leaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    A publisher.

    Do you want newspapers to stop writing articles critical of decisions made by the Obama administration?
    In this case an anti-american publisher.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  10. #40
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: Berkeley Mulls Resolution to Honor Army Private Accused of Leaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Assange is an enemy combatant? Do you read what you post? LOL.
    He is supplying aid and comfort to our enemy. That doesn't make him much of an ally.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •