Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 172

Thread: Arrest made in plot to blow up area military recruiting center

  1. #101
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,026

    Re: Arrest made in plot to blow up area military recruiting center

    Quote Originally Posted by Protectionist View Post
    The poll is called Pew Global Attitudes Project Muslim Survey

    Sure, let's take a look at it. Admitedly I'm cherry-picking here, but the important thing is that all posted here is factual, and downright scary. And these are countries with relatively friendly populations (to the West). What if Iran, Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Syria, et al less friendly were included in this survey ?

    Question : Is It Good or Bad That Islam Plays a Part In Politics ?

    GOOD
    Egypt - 95%
    Indonesia - 95%
    Pakistan - 88%
    Nigeria - 88%
    Lebanon - 72%

    Question : Gender Segregation in the Workplace

    (Favor)
    Pakistan - 85%
    Egypt - 54%
    Jordan - 50%
    Nigeria - 49%

    Question : Views of Harsh Punishments

    Favor stoning people who commit adultery
    Egypt - 84%
    Jordan - 86%
    Pakistan - 76%
    Nigeria - 51%
    Indonesia - 30%

    Whippings/Cutting off hands for theft
    Pakistan - 82%
    Egypt - 77%
    Nigeria - 65%
    Jordan - 58%
    Indonesia - 36%

    Favor Death Penalty for people who leave Muslim religion
    Egypt - 84%
    Jordan - 86%
    Pakistan - 76%
    Nigeria - 51%
    Indonesia - 30%
    Ah yes, religion of peace. No different than any other religion.

    Except for almost everything they do and believe.

  2. #102
    Advisor WeAreReborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    09-09-11 @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    504

    Re: Arrest made in plot to blow up area military recruiting center

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Ah yes, religion of peace. No different than any other religion.

    Except for almost everything they do and believe.
    I am not going to be delusional and call it a religion of peace but it is wrong to say that it has A LOT of differences as compared to other religions. Afterall, it is a part of the abrahamic religions. So the Jews, Muslims and Christains all believe in the same God, the difference is that Jews believe the messiah hasn't come down yet but obviously, Jesus is believe to be the messiah for Christians and Muhammad for Islam. With that said, it is worth being noted that Jesus is one the most quoted prophet in the Qu'ran.

    Now to address the peace aspect. I feel it is wrong to differentiate or say it is more violent then the other abrahamic religions. Though I think it is contemptible to kill others for your religion, it is by no means exclusively an Islamic trait. For example, the biggest one I can think of right now is the multiple Crusades, these were held by Christains. It caused much unnecessary violence and hate. In fact, it is easily one of the most avoidable wars of all time. Now you may say, well that was then this is now. But Christianity and Islam both have not changed in their ideology since. Not to mention that the actions may not be tied to Islam itself, it could be and is most likely propaganda by terrorist groups. Just like a Christian who kills in the name of God is not considered by most Christians a real one. Same could be said for a lot of Muslim people.

    Just to clarify I myself don't believe in God, but I by no means am militant about it. I feel we should be accepting to people's beliefs as long as they aren't intolerant or harmful to other people. But I do oppose organized religion, but that is a totally different conversation entirely.

  3. #103
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,600

    Re: Arrest made in plot to blow up area military recruiting center

    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreReborn View Post
    I am not going to be delusional and call it a religion of peace but it is wrong to say that it has A LOT of differences as compared to other religions. Afterall, it is a part of the abrahamic religions. So the Jews, Muslims and Christains all believe in the same God, the difference is that Jews believe the messiah hasn't come down yet but obviously, Jesus is believe to be the messiah for Christians and Muhammad for Islam. With that said, it is worth being noted that Jesus is one the most quoted prophet in the Qu'ran.

    Now to address the peace aspect. I feel it is wrong to differentiate or say it is more violent then the other abrahamic religions. Though I think it is contemptible to kill others for your religion, it is by no means exclusively an Islamic trait. For example, the biggest one I can think of right now is the multiple Crusades, these were held by Christains. It caused much unnecessary violence and hate. In fact, it is easily one of the most avoidable wars of all time. Now you may say, well that was then this is now. But Christianity and Islam both have not changed in their ideology since. Not to mention that the actions may not be tied to Islam itself, it could be and is most likely propaganda by terrorist groups. Just like a Christian who kills in the name of God is not considered by most Christians a real one. Same could be said for a lot of Muslim people.

    Just to clarify I myself don't believe in God, but I by no means am militant about it. I feel we should be accepting to people's beliefs as long as they aren't intolerant or harmful to other people. But I do oppose organized religion, but that is a totally different conversation entirely.
    Just out of curiosity...have you ever read the history of the multiple crusades?

  4. #104
    Advisor WeAreReborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    09-09-11 @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    504

    Re: Arrest made in plot to blow up area military recruiting center

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    Just out of curiosity...have you ever read the history of the multiple crusades?
    As in a book by that name or just understand the history in general? Because I do understand the history.. please refute the point if you disagree.

  5. #105
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Arrest made in plot to blow up area military recruiting center

    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreReborn View Post
    The first one is a blogspot written by an absolute idiot which is clear in the first sentence. The second one is just the FBI wanting to have more control and spy and again is not relevant. The third one is an isolated incident. So if you actually have legitimate proof, as in statistics, you should post them now. Because currently it is just displaying your massive ignorance.
    Actually, in regard to islamic terrorism, there are no "isolated incidents".

    This will get you up to speed.

    Jihad Watch

  6. #106
    Advisor WeAreReborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    09-09-11 @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    504

    Re: Arrest made in plot to blow up area military recruiting center

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Actually, in regard to islamic terrorism, there are no "isolated incidents".

    This will get you up to speed.

    Jihad Watch
    I disagree. I read that website and the man's biography and I am not convinced... Though I agree Islam does in fact call for violence so does the bible. The bible does preach intolerance against homosexuality and women. Not to mention justifies slavery and extreme violent punishments. Does that mean the fundmental principles of Christianity is wrong? No but same could be said of Islam.

  7. #107
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: Arrest made in plot to blow up area military recruiting center

    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreReborn View Post
    You make yourself hard to quote :/.

    That is not at all true. I am completely aware of my surroundings and don't just sit in my house all day. The biggest gang we have are the Diablos which are just a bunch of punks who don't cause much damage.

    No. What makes you racist is enjoying white privelege and wanting to keep it. Not being subject to it.

    Why am I the fool? I in no way am in favor of the Mexican system or their government. I just have absolutely no problems against the people or them seeking help.
    Such bold claims for having no ideas what schools I went to or what teachers I have had. In fact the majority of my teachers were moderates or conservatives. And by the time I was in highschool the only liberal ones had no authority over me because I already had my own opinion.
    Incompetent is subjective. Not to mention the fact that this is irrelevant.
    How apathetic and cold hearted. America destroyed their country for short term gain but you feel that fixing their economy, that would help America and Mexico is too much to ask?
    I'm not racist. I stopped being white long ago. You're the only white man here. I'm the father of a new race.

    I don't think you understand White Privilege. White privilege is an artificial intellectual construct divorced from street level reality.

    You remind me of a cat.

  8. #108
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    GA
    Last Seen
    12-12-10 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    258

    Re: Arrest made in plot to blow up area military recruiting center

    Quote Originally Posted by E_Pluribus_Venom View Post
    ....How do you know?
    The same way you know what goes on in a Christian church.

  9. #109
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    GA
    Last Seen
    12-12-10 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    258

    Re: Arrest made in plot to blow up area military recruiting center

    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreReborn View Post
    But there clearly was. But go ahead and continue on your overly aggressive conserative campaign, that will inevitably get you nowhere because people would prefer a civil debate. Not to mention my political ideologies are not at all liberal. I just feel people should view others, regardless of race or religion, with the utmost respect. In what way is that negative? Is it because you as a white male wish to have supremacy?
    Unlike you I dont scream racism everytime someone disagrees with me. You talk about being to tolerant yet show your true colors of your racism and untolerance just because I am white you think I am acting in supremacy manner. So you have white envy. Your problem not mine.

  10. #110
    Advisor WeAreReborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    09-09-11 @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    504

    Re: Arrest made in plot to blow up area military recruiting center

    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Duty View Post
    Unlike you I dont scream racism everytime someone disagrees with me. You talk about being to tolerant yet show your true colors of your racism and untolerance just because I am white you think I am acting in supremacy manner. So you have white envy. Your problem not mine.
    White envy? I am white myself. I am just saying you wish to keep your priveleges. And what he said was actually racist. I argue with non racist conservatives that guy and you clearly are racist though.

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •