Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 279

Thread: Obama Announces 'Framework' for Deal With Congress to Extend Bush-Era Tax Cuts

  1. #71
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-14-17 @ 06:57 PM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,198

    Re: Obama Announces 'Framework' for Deal With Congress to Extend Bush-Era Tax Cuts

    This is unbelievable. The voters were angry about the way things were going in D.C. so they voted for change and the very first major thing they do is agree to "stay the course" and offer up the very same policies that have gotten us into the situation we are in.

    If I know I can't pay my bills next month how much sense does it make for me to refuse an opportunity to increase my revenue?
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  2. #72
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,491
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: Obama Announces 'Framework' for Deal With Congress to Extend Bush-Era Tax Cuts

    "Hostages".
    "Enemies".
    "Bitter Clingers".

    Kim Jong Il?
    Iranian wackos?

    No, our president.

    .
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  3. #73
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Last Seen
    10-15-12 @ 02:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    523

    Re: Obama Announces 'Framework' for Deal With Congress to Extend Bush-Era Tax Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    "Hostages".
    "Enemies".
    "Bitter Clingers".

    Kim Jong Il?
    Iranian wackos?

    No, our president.

    .
    It was an analogy ffs. He's not saying the Republicans literally have Americans in a room with a gun to their heads, he's saying that in politics the other side naturally holds out to get things they want. Make one analogy and all of a sudden you're compared to mass murderers and Islamic fundamentalists. You got 10 times more than you should have gotten. A lot of house Dems are absolutely furious at him for supporting this (or at least they're acting that way, whether they're actually disappointed is another question). I won't be sad when Obama goes, that's for sure.

    Personally I'll be glad to see politics go back to the Republican agenda actually being passed by Republicans.

    Last edited by SirPwn4lot; 12-08-10 at 06:19 AM.

  4. #74
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,295

    Re: Obama Announces 'Framework' for Deal With Congress to Extend Bush-Era Tax Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    This is unbelievable. The voters were angry about the way things were going in D.C. so they voted for change and the very first major thing they do is agree to "stay the course" and offer up the very same policies that have gotten us into the situation we are in.

    If I know I can't pay my bills next month how much sense does it make for me to refuse an opportunity to increase my revenue?
    This country doesn't have a revenue problem, it has a spending problem. So what you are saying is that every dime spent by the Federal Govt. is necessary and cannot be cut? If I have less revenue I cut spending and that happens when taxes are raised>

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Last Seen
    10-15-12 @ 02:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    523

    Re: Obama Announces 'Framework' for Deal With Congress to Extend Bush-Era Tax Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    This country doesn't have a revenue problem, it has a spending problem. So what you are saying is that every dime spent by the Federal Govt. is necessary and cannot be cut? If I have less revenue I cut spending and that happens when taxes are raised>
    I agree with you entirely.

  6. #76
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,324

    Re: Obama Announces 'Framework' for Deal With Congress to Extend Bush-Era Tax Cuts

    I am left wondering a couple of things here. First, we all know that Obama is a duplicitous liar, so why this apparently broad reaching package now? What's the real end game for this guy whom didn't even tell his own leadership in the Congress that he was doing this?

    Something stinks here. Obama, and the liberals have engaged in a bitter two year class war, beating the drum endlessly about how business was bad, and that all corporations were greedy, and that they harmed the middle class, (although all the while leaving out that they are a part of the economy that creates jobs, along with small businesses).

    It just isn't kosher, Obama railed against all common sense that he wanted a tax hike on those making over $250K per year, ignoring the fact that that would hit something like 80% of small business that files their taxes at the personal rates.

    He calls not our enemies, but rather the American people "enemies, and hostage takers" all the while talking out of his ass about how he gets that the American people want more bipartisanship. He is a liar plain and simple, and to date has done a great job of outing the liars within the demo party as well.

    But as far as this goes? I don't trust Obama, or demo's as far as I can throw them....

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  7. #77
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,295

    Re: Obama Announces 'Framework' for Deal With Congress to Extend Bush-Era Tax Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    NOT getting money doesn't ADD to anything. If you owe $100 dollars and I don't give you $10 that I said I would give you I don't magically make you owe $100 dollars...you still owe $100. Its not ADDING to anything. Its subtracting from theoretical revenue that may've potentially came in the future, but that is far different from ADDING to something.

    Spending government money on health care adds to the deficit. Spending government money on Aids relief in Africa adds to the deficit. And yes, fighting the war in Afghanistan adds to the deficit. Charging people the same amount of money tomorrow as they were charged today doesn't ADD to the deficit.

    This can't even be fully compared to the Bush Tax Cuts because the CURRENT tax code is the only thing guaranteed. The higher tax codes that COULD'VE come were not, they were nothing but theoretical. Unlike the Bush Tax cuts this isn't changing it from the Government taking in X money to Y money, where X > Y. This is a case where the government is taking in Y money, and will continue to take in Y money, as opposed to theoretically having had the potential to take in X but that never being guaranteed.

    For it to be "adding" to the deficit people would have to be getting something new they weren't previously getting....that's not the case.
    Notice Disneydude's silence? Disneydude doesn't respond to challenges to his/her posts because he cannot refute the information provided that tax cuts are not an expense to the govt.

  8. #78
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:28 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,295

    Re: Obama Announces 'Framework' for Deal With Congress to Extend Bush-Era Tax Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I am left wondering a couple of things here. First, we all know that Obama is a duplicitous liar, so why this apparently broad reaching package now? What's the real end game for this guy whom didn't even tell his own leadership in the Congress that he was doing this?

    Something stinks here. Obama, and the liberals have engaged in a bitter two year class war, beating the drum endlessly about how business was bad, and that all corporations were greedy, and that they harmed the middle class, (although all the while leaving out that they are a part of the economy that creates jobs, along with small businesses).

    It just isn't kosher, Obama railed against all common sense that he wanted a tax hike on those making over $250K per year, ignoring the fact that that would hit something like 80% of small business that files their taxes at the personal rates.

    He calls not our enemies, but rather the American people "enemies, and hostage takers" all the while talking out of his ass about how he gets that the American people want more bipartisanship. He is a liar plain and simple, and to date has done a great job of outing the liars within the demo party as well.

    But as far as this goes? I don't trust Obama, or demo's as far as I can throw them....

    j-mac
    Good post, Obama is back in campaign mode although this time he is going after the independent votes that helped elect him in 2008 by implementing more supply side economic policy knowning it will generate positive results thus giving him something positive to run on in 2012.

  9. #79
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,552

    Re: Obama Announces 'Framework' for Deal With Congress to Extend Bush-Era Tax Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    This is unbelievable. The voters were angry about the way things were going in D.C. so they voted for change and the very first major thing they do is agree to "stay the course" and offer up the very same policies that have gotten us into the situation we are in.

    If I know I can't pay my bills next month how much sense does it make for me to refuse an opportunity to increase my revenue?
    You can't increase them more than what the market can bear. If you price your custimers out of business, you'll permanently decrease your revenue. In that case, you're going to have to trim some fat off your operation, in order to be within your monthly budget.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #80
    Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Last Seen
    10-15-12 @ 02:04 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    523

    Re: Obama Announces 'Framework' for Deal With Congress to Extend Bush-Era Tax Cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    I am left wondering a couple of things here. First, we all know that Obama is a duplicitous liar, so why this apparently broad reaching package now? What's the real end game for this guy whom didn't even tell his own leadership in the Congress that he was doing this?

    Something stinks here. Obama, and the liberals have engaged in a bitter two year class war, beating the drum endlessly about how business was bad, and that all corporations were greedy, and that they harmed the middle class, (although all the while leaving out that they are a part of the economy that creates jobs, along with small businesses).

    It just isn't kosher, Obama railed against all common sense that he wanted a tax hike on those making over $250K per year, ignoring the fact that that would hit something like 80% of small business that files their taxes at the personal rates.

    He calls not our enemies, but rather the American people "enemies, and hostage takers" all the while talking out of his ass about how he gets that the American people want more bipartisanship. He is a liar plain and simple, and to date has done a great job of outing the liars within the demo party as well.

    But as far as this goes? I don't trust Obama, or demo's as far as I can throw them....

    j-mac
    Although I disagree with a lot of the finer points, I do agree that Obama is more than likely a liar, although for different reasons, and most modern presidents do also(I don't have an example of every president from the 20th Century, so I'll refrain from saying all), and the vast, vast, vast, vast, vast majority of politicians in general, but I agree with you nonetheless.

    I disagree with the 3rd paragraph, but agree on bipartisanship. People don't want bipartisanship. They want what's right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative
    Notice Disneydude's silence? Disneydude doesn't respond to challenges to his/her posts because he cannot refute the information provided that tax cuts are not an expense to the govt.
    Although from a budget standpoint tax cuts are not in themselves expenses, by definition... it's incorrect to state that they don't add to the deficit. Budget = Revenue - Expenses. I think this is the point the "left" is trying to make, although they're not doing a very good job of it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative
    Good post, Obama is back in campaign mode although this time he is going after the independent votes that helped elect him in 2008 by implementing more supply side economic policy knowning it will generate positive results thus giving him something positive to run on in 2012.
    Obama has lost a significant portion of his base... let alone independents. You can't offer change, give more or less the status quo, then expect people to reelect you.

    Thanks!

Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •