Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 477

Thread: Wikileaks founder Julian Assange arrested in London

  1. #131
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Wikileaks founder Julian Assange arrested in London

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Oh, good grief. If we had a shard of evidence that he was involved, we'd already have issued a warrant and snatched him. Did you know that the British police knew his whereabouts the entire time?
    Not necessarily. If we had some evidence, but not enough to convict yet, "snatching" him would have been a PR disaster.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #132
    DEATH TO ANTARCTICA!!!
    Apocalypse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Israel
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    17,208

    Re: Wikileaks founder Julian Assange arrested in London

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Oh, good grief. If we had a shard of evidence that he was involved, we'd already have issued a warrant and snatched him.
    Maybe, maybe not.
    I unlike some do not have access to the all-seeing eye and I cannot tell what is the reason for everything.
    I've pointed out that Assange has threatened the US that he would start publishing some very serious documents he possesses if he is to be arrested or killed a few pages back.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."

    Dante Alighieri

  3. #133
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Wikileaks founder Julian Assange arrested in London

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Ofc he won't.
    US will ensure he doesn't get a fair trial after the witch hunt they have initiated.

    He is an enemy of the state, when he claimed that he was going to hyperfocus on the US and leak crap that would get our troops killed, he became as bad as a terrorist in my eyes.

    Froze his assets, had his site domain removed, stopped his funding in its entirety, his site hacked many times, had his server closed down and issued a warrant by Interpol ... ALL of this based on an alleged sexual assault that isn't even proven?



    I've seen folks treated far worse.




    No, I do take that back.
    US seems squeaky clean next to countries like Saudi Arabia.

    yeah, and even countries like france.


    Which btw, I had a freaking blast reading how it funds terrorism and extremism in the world
    US sure knows how to picks it allies I suppose oil can make you over look alot eh? lol

    Or it makes sense to support the regieme that is more reassonable than the one knocking on the saudi's door.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #134
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Wikileaks founder Julian Assange arrested in London

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Not necessarily. If we had some evidence, but not enough to convict yet, "snatching" him would have been a PR disaster.
    And a witch hunt headed by US hasn't been a PR disaster?

    US is coming off like a spoilt child who seems to be directing its tantrum to someone who isn't responsible for the leaks.
    If it spent half the time it has on Julian on fixing up its system, I doubt the problem would happen again.


  5. #135
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:47 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,331
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Wikileaks founder Julian Assange arrested in London

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    And a witch hunt headed by US hasn't been a PR disaster?

    US is coming off like a spoilt child who seems to be directing its tantrum to someone who isn't responsible for the leaks.
    If it spent half the time it has on Julian on fixing up its system, I doubt the problem would happen again.
    No, it has not been a disaster. There is no real witch hunt. We are investigating the leak of classified documents, which is clearly the proper thing to do. No one has been charged with anything by the US without backing evidence(Manning). In fact, the US has done nothing improper.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #136
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Wikileaks founder Julian Assange arrested in London

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    He is an enemy of the state, when he claimed that he was going to hyperfocus on the US and leak crap that would get our troops killed, he became as bad as a terrorist in my eyes.



    I've seen folks treated far worse.

    yeah, and even countries like france.

    Or it makes sense to support the regieme that is more reassonable than the one knocking on the saudi's door.
    Who cares if he is seen as "US enemy". He hasn't broken any European law.
    US should fix up its holes.
    How about this suggestion ... it may be a bit radical. How about NOT give access to millions its data? Yes I know, revolutionary idea

    Do you have any links which shows US Soldiers have died as a direct result of wikileaks?

    Yeah, God forbid Saudi Arabia's parasitic royals get overthrown, killed and replaced with what the people want


  7. #137
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Wikileaks founder Julian Assange arrested in London

    Quote Originally Posted by Infinite Chaos View Post
    Agreed, he presented himself to the police. The courts have now refused bail on him.
    It is an important distinction Dont want to start spreading the idea that he is being hunted down in Europe...

    The case is for extradition is strong - the only argument he has against the European Extradition order is that he wouldn't get a fair trial in Sweden or that his human rights wouldn't be respected there. It's not like he's being extradited to Iran for example. That's not to say the trial will be fast - there are ways his lawyers can slow down the supposed fast track process.
    Actually it is not strong.. it is weak. The very fact that the matter was dismissed first then taken up again is a key factor. Not saying he wont be extradited, but the UK courts have to take that into consideration according to the agreement. Not to mention point 1 could be used since the case has already been dismissed once.

    At first glance, the case against him looks dubious - certainly woman A throwing a party for him after he'd supposedly raped her doesn't look good when she then claims he raped her.
    And that she is a known feminist (not a bad thing) that believes men dominate women and that men who do that should be punished (now that is a bad thing )

    Those 3 or more million people were probably the ones running and inputting information into the system. We're not talking about publicly available information.
    Come on.. almost 1% of the US population. Those that had access to the system was the whole intelligence and large parts of the military community plus the State department. This information is in no way secret.. restricted and private sure, but secret.. You can not expect 3 million people to keep any secrets lol..

    It's one thing Russia having word of certain information - quite another to have confirmation of US and NATO plans regarding the defence and numbers to defend the Baltic nations. Wikileaks went too far in releasing that particular information.
    I disagree fully. You cant tell me that Russia with a massive intelligence agency (some saying bigger than the US) does not have one or more sympathetic persons (politically or economically) among the 3 million people who had access to the information.. Add to that, the fact that the US diplomats told their Baltic counterparts, and you cant tell me either that the Russians are not spying on them or have a mole there.. sorry not buying it. When the US can hire locals to spy on people of interest in various Scandinavian countries without the consent of the local governments, then I would not put it past the Russians doing the same. Hell Anna Chapman or one of the other spies could have access to this information for all we know.
    PeteEU

  8. #138
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: Wikileaks founder Julian Assange arrested in London

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    What I do find odd is how some folks here are all over these two women as liars and what not, given we don't have all the information.
    No you are wrong as usual. We find the case suspicious because the prosecuting forces in Sweden already dismissed that allegations as idiotic and then after political pressure, a female prosecutor took up the case again and brought it as far as we have it today. Now if the Swedish legal system without political pressure dismisses the case off hand .. then what do you expect us to believe?

    You do know that he was in Sweden when the first allegations were thrown at him and the Swedes dismissed the case right? It was oddly only after he started releasing the latest batch of leaks that the Swedes suddenly wanted him back to stand for the charges they already dismissed against him.. go figure!

    Wikileaks if you actually read through this last leak was actually confirming exactly what we do know. The US is a force for good, and many of these other countries play a two faced game of back room dealing while stating something else publically.
    Yea on planet Right wing maybe.. now in the real world, it shows the US as we all already knew.. an arrogant bully that thinks it can get away with just about anything.. but hey!
    Last edited by PeteEU; 12-07-10 at 01:01 PM.
    PeteEU

  9. #139
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Wikileaks founder Julian Assange arrested in London

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Who cares if he is seen as "US enemy". He hasn't broken any European law.

    Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn, about precious european laws.


    US should fix up its holes.

    absolutley.

    How about this suggestion ... it may be a bit radical. How about NOT give access to millions its data? Yes I know, revolutionary idea
    One of my complaints when I was working on siprnet was the ability to d'l information onto zip and jazz drives.....

    Do you have any links which shows US Soldiers have died as a direct result of wikileaks?

    If I throw a puppy on a highway, do I need to prove that it puts the puppy in more peril?

    Lulz. Yeah, God forbid Saudi Arabia's pathetic royals get overthrown and replaced with what the people want

    a waahabist extremist regieme?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #140
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,866
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Wikileaks founder Julian Assange arrested in London

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    And that she is a known feminist (not a bad thing) that believes men dominate women and that men who do that should be punished (now that is a bad thing )
    Just a bit of clairification here. From what I understand the woman that threw the party did not want to charge Asaunge with anything. She went to the police station originally with the other gal that Asaunge had sex with for support. The police took it upon themselves to charge him after she told her story after she was asked about it. Also I don't think that she is the one that is the feminist. I think that it was the prosecutor that is the feminist.
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

Page 14 of 48 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •