Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 181

Thread: List of facilities 'vital to US security' leaked

  1. #141
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,330
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: List of facilities 'vital to US security' leaked

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    I know. I am really disturbed by the willful ignorance we are seeing. The militantism is getting out of hand and the government is gaining way too much power because of it.
    There is willful ignorance to go around. Assange is not some good guy doing a service to the world as some think, he is some one working to harm the US, attempting high stakes blackmail and possibly more. I would think twice before throwing out phrases like "willful ignorance".
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  2. #142
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Canada
    Last Seen
    12-26-10 @ 06:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    8,083

    Re: List of facilities 'vital to US security' leaked

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    There is willful ignorance to go around. Assange is not some good guy doing a service to the world as some think, he is some one working to harm the US, attempting high stakes blackmail and possibly more. I would think twice before throwing out phrases like "willful ignorance".
    And if CNN, or Fox were the ones releasing the details? What would you say then?

    Assange is a convenient scapegoat for information that makes you feel uncomfortable. That's not anyone's problem but your own. I think the benefits to transparency and democracy far outweigh the risks of the information. The fact that freedom of speech and the press matters less to you than some vendetta against this guy is very telling.

    I am not saying Assange is some angel, so don't put words in my mouth. I am saying he has the right to do what he is doing and the U.S. has no business trying to twist international law to stop him. Though it will obviously try, because it is a sovereign state actor trying to preserve its own interests.

    High stakes blackmail? Care to elaborate on that one?

  3. #143
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,330
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: List of facilities 'vital to US security' leaked

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    And if CNN, or Fox were the ones releasing the details? What would you say then?

    Assange is a convenient scapegoat for information that makes you feel uncomfortable. That's not anyone's problem but your own. I think the benefits to transparency and democracy far outweigh the risks of the information. The fact that freedom of speech and the press matters less to you than some vendetta against this guy is very telling.

    I am not saying Assange is some angel, so don't put words in my mouth. I am saying he has the right to do what he is doing and the U.S. has no business trying to twist international law to stop him. Though it will obviously try, because it is a sovereign state actor trying to preserve its own interests.

    High stakes blackmail? Care to elaborate on that one?
    Yes, I would treat them the same if they acted the same.

    Blackmail: BBC News - Wikileaks' Julian Assange to fight Swedish allegations

    Mr Stephens warned that the organisation held further secret material which it regarded as a "thermo-nuclear device" to be released if it needs to protect itself.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  4. #144
    Sage
    Arcana XV's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Geneva, Switzerland and Rochester, NY
    Last Seen
    10-22-17 @ 10:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,412

    Re: List of facilities 'vital to US security' leaked

    Quote Originally Posted by donsutherland
    Ultimately, we'll find out whether your description is accurate (if he is not convicted) or whether, in fact, his actions were illegal. For now, he's merely at the beginning of his legal issues. Those will very likely multiply in coming weeks. That he may have committed financial fraud in setting up his financing apparatus e.g., as in the case in Switzerland where he knowingly made a false claim of Swiss residence, is one line of legal recourse.


    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Yes, by all means, we should silence all sources of information and embarrassment by pressuring our allies into prosecuting Assange.
    Just to clarify, Switzerland is not going to prosecute him for lying about his residence when he opened the PostFinance account. The banking branch of the Swiss Post Office simply closed the Wikileaks account and terminated its business relationship with him. Nothing more will come of it.
    "Yes, but are you a Protestant atheist or a Catholic atheist?".- Northern Irish joke

  5. #145
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: List of facilities 'vital to US security' leaked

    Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    High stakes blackmail? Care to elaborate on that one?
    I think that Redress is referring to what Assange has referred to as "insurance," a 1+gigabyte file of additional material on U.S. actions in Afghanistan that Assange has threatened to release if he is "disappeared."

  6. #146
    Professor
    Dutch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Arkansas
    Last Seen
    08-23-17 @ 09:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    1,808

    Re: List of facilities 'vital to US security' leaked

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    What are you yammering about now? Are you unaware that the Chinese government just incarcerated a man for speaking out against the tainted milk that killed his son?

    Would you like to see us turn into a fascist regime with zero free speech where the Government tells us what we can know?
    Let's see if I get the "gist" of your argument, to wit; unless the united states allow secret and or confidential military and diplomatic papers open to the entire world (that includes al qaeda) the us will start incarcerating men who speak out against tainted milk? Is that your point? Really? I tell ya' what. I think the us is actually capable of protecting it's secrets, (well, perhaps not this regime) it's immature to simply think nations should not have them, and still allow men or even women to speak out against poisonous products. I actually think we can do both. Naturally I would think this, I'm a conservative.
    Last edited by Dutch; 12-07-10 at 05:14 PM.
    He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire. ~ Winston Churchill

  7. #147
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: List of facilities 'vital to US security' leaked

    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch View Post
    Let's see if I get the "gist" of your argument, to wit; unless the united states allow secret and or confidential military and diplomatic papers open to the entire world (that includes al qaeda) the us will start incarcerating men who speak out against tainted milk? Is that your point? Really?
    No, sorry. You missed the gist of my argument. But, you did get the font correct, so that's progress.

  8. #148
    Global Moderator
    The Truth is out there.
    Kal'Stang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Bonners Ferry ID USA
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    32,863
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: List of facilities 'vital to US security' leaked

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I think that Redress is referring to what Assange has referred to as "insurance," a 1+gigabyte file of additional material on U.S. actions in Afghanistan that Assange has threatened to release if he is "disappeared."
    Wouldn't anyone in Assaunge's position do the same thing?
    I have an answer for everything...you may not like the answer or it may not satisfy your curiosity..but it will still be an answer. ~ Kal'Stang

    My mind and my heart are saying I'm in my twenties. My body is pointing at my mind and heart and laughing its ass off. ~ Kal'Stang

  9. #149
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:02 PM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,330
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: List of facilities 'vital to US security' leaked

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Wouldn't anyone in Assaunge's position do the same thing?
    Not really, no. It's called blackmail: do what we want or else we will tell people bad stuff about you. I like to think most people have a sense of morality.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #150
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: List of facilities 'vital to US security' leaked

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Not really, no. It's called blackmail: do what we want or else we will tell people bad stuff about you. I like to think most people have a sense of morality.
    Really. So you're saying that the U.S. wouldn't disappear him if it was believed to serve our best interests? And, concern about this wouldn't be normal?

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •