Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 128

Thread: McCain: 'Don't Ask' Repeal May Cause Troop Exodus

  1. #21
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: McCain: 'Don't Ask' Repeal May Cause Troop Exodus

    Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    The perfect solution: gay military units. It solves every problem both ways! Seriously, think about it. The two issues about repealing don't ask don't tell are (1) will normal men and women be fine with the forced intimacy of the military with homosexuals, and (2) making sure everyone's dealing with openly gay troops without giving gays harrassement. Gay military units means that normal troops won't have any problems, because they won't have to deal with it, and gays won't have any problems because they'll be in their own units.
    You're intentionally making that sound exactly like the segregated units in the military until the early-mid 1900's, aren't you...
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  2. #22
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,741

    Re: McCain: 'Don't Ask' Repeal May Cause Troop Exodus

    Quote Originally Posted by The Mark View Post
    You're intentionally making that sound exactly like the segregated units in the military until the early-mid 1900's, aren't you...
    Gun picture in signature, very conservative label, recent registration, suspiciously nutty posting...

    Yeah, I think you and I have drawn the same conclusion, a conclusion which we can't actually post here.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  3. #23
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:51 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: McCain: 'Don't Ask' Repeal May Cause Troop Exodus

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Gun picture in signature, very conservative label, recent registration, suspiciously nutty posting...

    Yeah, I think you and I have drawn the same conclusion, a conclusion which we can't actually post here.
    Wait, what?

    Assumptions...

    I was guessing that he was doing a tongue-in-cheek "suggestion" to be sarcastic - mainly because that's what I would have meant by a post like that...

    But then, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt far too often.
    Last edited by The Mark; 12-04-10 at 07:13 PM.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: McCain: 'Don't Ask' Repeal May Cause Troop Exodus

    I served for seven years, Army, in very good units. While there will be issues and adjustments, I do not think there will be a mass exodus. FYI, in the higher-testosterone units, the only gays that will succeed there will be those who choose to stay quiet and subdued about issues of their sexuality anyway.

  5. #25
    Wrinkly member
    Manc Skipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Southern England
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    23,165

    Re: McCain: 'Don't Ask' Repeal May Cause Troop Exodus

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    You do know that gays can serve in the military. They simply don't want them to be open about it because men live in close quarters and this can be for long periods. The place isn't a social experiment, it's a professional military of men trained to neutralize the enemy. They don't need friction amongst one another.

    .
    Every enlightened nation in the world has open service. This is not an experiment, it's about the US Military joining the 20th century.
    Don't work out, work in.

    Never eat anything that's served in a bucket.

  6. #26
    User
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    03-26-12 @ 09:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    97

    Re: McCain: 'Don't Ask' Repeal May Cause Troop Exodus

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    You do know that gays can serve in the military. They simply don't want them to be open about it because men live in close quarters and this can be for long periods. The place isn't a social experiment, it's a professional military of men trained to neutralize the enemy. They don't need friction amongst one another.

    .
    Rubbish. People were being discharged even when third-partied outed them, or when, some time in the past, they had made their homosexuality known on the internet.

  7. #27
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:57 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,741

    Re: McCain: 'Don't Ask' Repeal May Cause Troop Exodus

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    I served for seven years, Army, in very good units. While there will be issues and adjustments, I do not think there will be a mass exodus. FYI, in the higher-testosterone units, the only gays that will succeed there will be those who choose to stay quiet and subdued about issues of their sexuality anyway.
    Pentagon report has statements from special forces units who have/had gay members. One said, and I quote, "he's big and mean and kills lots of bad guys, and noone cared that he was gay."

    SpecOps guys are high-testosterone, right?
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  8. #28
    Steve
    tryreading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Last Seen
    02-26-13 @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,809

    Re: McCain: 'Don't Ask' Repeal May Cause Troop Exodus

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Pentagon report has statements from special forces units who have/had gay members. One said, and I quote, "he's big and mean and kills lots of bad guys, and noone cared that he was gay."

    SpecOps guys are high-testosterone, right?
    Right, and the gay guy is hi-test too. It looks like the special forces man you quoted really appreciated that.
    Do not write in this space!

  9. #29
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: McCain: 'Don't Ask' Repeal May Cause Troop Exodus

    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalEvilDan View Post
    Sounds to me like, in the face of this rather conclusive study, Navy now needs to shut the **** up about what the troops supposedly want.

    The troops have spoken, and a super-majority of them don't give a rats ass about who is or isn't gay.
    The wrong question was asked my left wing friend...The question is not how do we cancel DADT its should DADT be canceled.......You will get amd entirely different answer if you ask the latter..........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: McCain: 'Don't Ask' Repeal May Cause Troop Exodus

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Pentagon report has statements from special forces units who have/had gay members. One said, and I quote, "he's big and mean and kills lots of bad guys, and noone cared that he was gay."

    SpecOps guys are high-testosterone, right?
    You are cherry picking one example of a big mean gay guy who likes to kill the bad guys. Did you serve with Special Ops units ?

    Let me 'splian this a little bit better, in the hopes that you won't resort to sniping posts. Most Speicail Ops folks are very high-professional. There are no dummies there, and priorities are exceedingly highly honed. Where gays will face the most difficulties will be in the line units. The grunts. Lots of testosterone there.

    As I asked, did you serve ? Are you gay ? Do yuo have close family members who are gay ? What validates your sniping opinions here, except that you have a right to it ? Thanks.
    Last edited by Eighty Deuce; 12-04-10 at 07:55 PM.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •