Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 176

Thread: Jobless Rate Rises to 9.8 Percent, Highest Since April(edited)

  1. #11
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Unemployment rate hits 9.8%. Hope and Change?

    So, none of the policies are bad, you just don't like them because the government does them? And who cares what some think tank says. That's the rhetoric. The results are that people are still out of work, still losing their homes, and still losing their retirements and savings.

    Seriously, other than saying my opinion doesn't count, what's the meat of your point? If the problem is improving, which we both say it is, then I'm glad of it. The argument here, as far as I can see, is whether or not 9.8 counts as recession. I think it does. You don't. And there's 4 posts calling me an idiot for disagreeing about a term. Bravo.

    Since the core of this thread is nasty and a criticism of an ideology, and you clearly do not understand that ideology, it's rather silly of you to attempt to criticize in this manner. Everything you accuse me of is an equally fair criticism of you. If you want to talk facts, we can talk facts. But I try to avoid mud slinging, so I am going to leave this thread and not return.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  2. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Unemployment rate hits 9.8%. Hope and Change?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    So, none of the policies are bad, you just don't like them because the government does them? And who cares what some think tank says. That's the rhetoric. The results are that people are still out of work, still losing their homes, and still losing their retirements and savings.

    Seriously, other than saying my opinion doesn't count, what's the meat of your point? If the problem is improving, which we both say it is, then I'm glad of it. The argument here, as far as I can see, is whether or not 9.8 counts as recession. I think it does. You don't. And there's 4 posts calling me an idiot for disagreeing about a term. Bravo.

    Since the core of this thread is nasty and a criticism of an ideology, and you clearly do not understand that ideology, it's rather silly of you to attempt to criticize in this manner. Everything you accuse me of is an equally fair criticism of you. If you want to talk facts, we can talk facts. But I try to avoid mud slinging, so I am going to leave this thread and not return.
    someone needs a cookie and a nap.

  3. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Unemployment rate hits 9.8%. Hope and Change?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Unemployment is a lagging indicator; but none the less our situation fits the definition of a "jobless recovery".
    A "jobless recovery" might be part of that hopeychangey thing but the "debt recovery" situation remains far hopey and and will probably not changey.

    This poor bugger is still thinking of himself as "present" rather than President. Even with a majority in power he still can't decide what to do about a simple issue like tax rates.

    It was a perfect storm, from an unpopular former president to a weak Republican candidate, that got this buffoon elected. Let's just hope he doesn't do to much damage in his remaining two years in office.

  4. #14
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: Unemployment rate hits 9.8%. Hope and Change?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Unemployment is a lagging indicator; but none the less our situation fits the definition of a "jobless recovery".
    This unemployment is really lagging, well over a year after the recession ended the unemployment is higher on a month to month basis this year than last. Any idea why? I do but let's see if you finally come to the right conclusion.

  5. #15
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: Unemployment rate hits 9.8%. Hope and Change?

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    This unemployment is really lagging, well over a year after the recession ended the unemployment is higher on a month to month basis this year than last. Any idea why? I do but let's see if you finally come to the right conclusion.
    It's all Dubya's fault, right?

  6. #16
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: Unemployment rate hits 9.8%. Hope and Change?

    Quote Originally Posted by Paschendale View Post
    So, none of the policies are bad, you just don't like them because the government does them? And who cares what some think tank says. That's the rhetoric. The results are that people are still out of work, still losing their homes, and still losing their retirements and savings.

    Seriously, other than saying my opinion doesn't count, what's the meat of your point? If the problem is improving, which we both say it is, then I'm glad of it. The argument here, as far as I can see, is whether or not 9.8 counts as recession. I think it does. You don't. And there's 4 posts calling me an idiot for disagreeing about a term. Bravo.

    Since the core of this thread is nasty and a criticism of an ideology, and you clearly do not understand that ideology, it's rather silly of you to attempt to criticize in this manner. Everything you accuse me of is an equally fair criticism of you. If you want to talk facts, we can talk facts. But I try to avoid mud slinging, so I am going to leave this thread and not return.
    Who exactly are you responding to? So if none of the policies are "bad" then why are the results bad since he and his Administration are the govt?

    My point is if you spend a couple trillion dollars and get these kind of results you would be fired and that is what should happen to Obama. All Obama did was increase unemployment and the debt for his trillions in spending and that doesn't bode well for anyone.

    I have always supported rhetoric until the results don't support the rhetoric and that is where you should be. How long is it going to take you to accept that you voted for someone who would unqualified experience wise to be President and has implemented an economic policy that has made economic growth and job creation almost impossible.

    I am more than willing to discuss facts so please for the first time offer some.

  7. #17
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,263

    Re: Unemployment rate hits 9.8%. Hope and Change?

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    A "jobless recovery" might be part of that hopeychangey thing but the "debt recovery" situation remains far hopey and and will probably not changey.
    Try and pay attention: A jobless recovery occurs when GDP growth continues at a slow pace (which can be observed by the rate of inflation).
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  8. #18
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: Unemployment rate hits 9.8%. Hope and Change?

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    It's all Dubya's fault, right?
    yep, no question about it, it is all Bush's fault except Boo keeps telling us that Presidents have no impact on the economy.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:26 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,299

    Re: Unemployment rate hits 9.8%. Hope and Change?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Try and pay attention: A jobless recovery occurs when GDP growth continues at a slow pace (which can be observed by the rate of inflation).
    I gave you the bls.gov link that shows unemployment throughout history. You can go back to any recession in U.S. history and go a year after that recession ended and check out the unemployment month to month. It is all about economic policy and this President's economic policy is a disaster.

  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Unemployment rate hits 9.8%. Hope and Change?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Try and pay attention: A jobless recovery occurs when GDP growth continues at a slow pace (which can be observed by the rate of inflation).
    Thanks for that!

    So all that joblessness is actually good news, right?

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •