Page 90 of 94 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast
Results 891 to 900 of 931

Thread: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

  1. #891
    Advisor WeAreReborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    09-09-11 @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    504

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Being in California you would understand a gift economy. Doubt that anyone should be taking any comments from a Californian seriously. What is your state now, 158+ billion in debt?
    Wow I love how you have no idea how gift economy works. California economy is representative of American economy, massive GDP, California is the 8th largest economy in the world, with massive debt.

  2. #892
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreReborn View Post
    Wow I love how you have no idea how gift economy works. California economy is representative of American economy, massive GDP, California is the 8th largest economy in the world, with massive debt.
    California is an entitlement state and that has led to the 158+ billion dollar debt you have. TX is representative of how a state should be run as more and more California businesses are finding out and moving here.

  3. #893
    Advisor WeAreReborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    09-09-11 @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    504

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    California is an entitlement state and that has led to the 158+ billion dollar debt you have. TX is representative of how a state should be run as more and more California businesses are finding out and moving here.
    Ok great... I was never saying California had a good economy. I have no idea why you seemed to have thought so.

  4. #894
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreReborn View Post
    Well, I don't think anyone of them should be living in such extravagance with so much poverty around them.

    I disagree. And solution? Gift economy.
    I am curious, how old are you and what sort of job-if any-do you have?



  5. #895
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    address the income disparity?

    wow, that's a splinter of a splinter

    even defazio, miller and weiner aren't going there

    and the tantrum tossing malcontents are themselves but a fringe

    all that remains of the once proud progressive posse:

    1. those that don't know this morning's headlines

    2. those that cling to the sather gate imagery of the mario savio days, now effete, trite, hackneyed, passe, as inspirational in our miserable milieu as ennui

    congrats, conservatives, we've done very well

    persist with professionalism, follow thru, finish

    we own the links, keep using em

    Unemployment Rate Calls Stimulus Claims Into Question - EconWatch - CBS News

    there's a reason obama refuses now (and has for 6 months) to use the suddenly obscene s-word

    Just don't call it a 'stimulus' - Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com
    Last edited by The Prof; 12-11-10 at 11:26 PM.

  6. #896
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise


  7. #897
    Advisor WeAreReborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    09-09-11 @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    504

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    address the income disparity?

    wow, that's a splinter of a splinter

    even defazio, miller and weiner aren't going there

    and the tantrum tossing malcontents are themselves but a fringe

    all that remains of the once proud progressive posse:

    1. those that don't know this morning's headlines

    2. those that cling to the sather gate imagery of the mario savio days, now effete, trite, hackneyed, passe, as inspirational in our miserable milieu as ennui

    congrats, conservatives, we've done very well

    persist with professionalism, follow thru, finish

    we own the links, keep using em

    Unemployment Rate Calls Stimulus Claims Into Question - EconWatch - CBS News

    there's a reason obama refuses now (and has for 6 months) to use the suddenly obscene s-word

    Just don't call it a 'stimulus' - Alexander Burns - POLITICO.com
    I never said the stimulus plan was a good idea at all.

  8. #898
    Advisor WeAreReborn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    09-09-11 @ 08:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    504

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    I am curious, how old are you and what sort of job-if any-do you have?
    If I may be so bold, why is that at all relevant?

  9. #899
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    the lady, a week ago today: http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/05/us.../05states.html

    states and locals today face "several trillion dollars" of underfunding, ie, debt, most of it off the books

  10. #900
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:23 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,658

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreReborn View Post
    If I may be so bold, why is that at all relevant?
    I like to see if someone has a perspective. people who have not raised a family are enaged in a successful career tend to have different perspectives than those of us who have



Page 90 of 94 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •