Page 84 of 94 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast
Results 831 to 840 of 931

Thread: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

  1. #831
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,619

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    OR WHAT? You are the worst troll here. Your credibility is poor. If it wasn't for your sock puppets, you would have very few agreeing with you. I already put a few of them on ignore. What you have to say is so highly repetitive and no amount of proof offered by others will sway you. You are a true believer, for sure, too bad you choose to beleive the koolaid tastes good.
    This ranks as a rather silly attack on a good poster. He is consistent and logical. I suggest that is a formula you may try to adopt yourself. And I thank him for his service to this country



  2. #832
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,786

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    Nobody here cares who you are or what you've done. Focus on the subject of the thread.
    I differ with that. I respect people who have served in all kinds of capacities and value their wisdom, experience and knowledge. I value people who put the "we" before the "I". I honor people who made our collective lives better because they too a job that benefitted others instead of simply pursuing greed for themselves.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #833
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Whovian View Post
    He's just jealous of your courage and desire to serve your country like you did. Me, I want to personally thank you for it.
    Thanks, but the brave ones actually went to war, I didn't have to which I am thankful for. The Vietnam War was winding down when I was in the service thus I didn't have to deploy. My father was at Pearl Harbor when the Japanese attacked and my father-in-law was actually shot while deployed in France. They were heroes. Then the three family members that were in Iraq actually seeing action. I am proud of them.

  4. #834
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I differ with that. I respect people who have served in all kinds of capacities and value their wisdom, experience and knowledge. I value people who put the "we" before the "I". I honor people who made our collective lives better because they too a job that benefitted others instead of simply pursuing greed for themselves.
    Good for you.

  5. #835
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    This ranks as a rather silly attack on a good poster. He is consistent and logical. I suggest that is a formula you may try to adopt yourself. And I thank him for his service to this country
    yep, he is consistent alright..........

  6. #836
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,647

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Moderator's Warning:
    House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach CompromiseThis seems more like a penis measuring contest than anything else. Put them back in your pants and get back to the topic or castration will be the consequence of choice.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #837
    Professor

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Last Seen
    10-18-12 @ 04:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    1,268

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    My experience is as a taxpayer and as a citizen who hates to see American blood and treasure wasted for nothing.
    not for nothing for oil and the military machine.

  8. #838
    Pragmatic Idealist
    upsideguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Rocky Mtn. High
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:08 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    10,078

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Noticed you ran from my response to you earlier, not surprising. Still waiting for you to tell us all how the govt. taxing a certain class benefits you or the country in general? You seem to have no problem with the govt. taking more personal income from the rich and spending that how they see fit vs. allowing the individual to spend it the way they want. Guess you wouldn't have a problem with the govt. doing that to you then? When you get your first full time job how about having your check sent to the govt. and letting them send back to you what THEY think you need? Is that what you are learning in school?
    I run from nothing, but I'm afraid I can't compete with you toe to toe on spare time as evidenced by the fact that I have 515 posts in a year during the same time you have posted 9500 times.

    Whether it benefits me personally is irrelevant. I know it is hard for conservative folks to understand that we liberals do not always deal from self interest. It does, however, greatly benefit the deficit as it is $70B per year that will go to reduce the deficit and congress does not have to do a thing to get it. Fixing the deficit is going to be an exercise in pain management. If we are committed to fixing it, pain will have shared by all, however, congress needs to inflict the bear minimum of pain. Allowing the tax cuts for the upper income to expire is a major down payment on the deficit with minimal pain.

    For the record, I have been out of school for quite some time. I have "enjoyed" being in the highest tax brackets for much of the past decade, with income tax bills that... well if I had to pay tax on my income tax some of those would be in the upper brackets. But I am no longer a taxpayer as I am a job creator. I have started a business. I am creating jobs not because I am getting tax breaks (though I get a very big one, since companies losing money pay no taxes and get to recover their losses before they every pay tax), but because I see demand for my service. The current tax policy is complete irrelevant to my current endeavor. Again, not all liberals are students, professor, social workers or welfare recipients. Some of us just believe a society moves forward only when its weakest links move forward. Just so you know.
    Last edited by upsideguy; 12-09-10 at 09:16 PM.

  9. #839
    Sage
    Crosscheck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:05 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,474

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    I run from nothing, but I'm afraid I can't compete with you toe to toe on spare time as evidenced by the fact that I have 515 posts in a year during the same time you have posted 9500 times.
    It is a known Communist Chinese plot to set up forums like these so that Americans become computer chair potatoes. No exercises, no studying, just starring blankly at a computer screen for hours a day.

    They already have kidnapped our teens into texting thousand times a year.
    Thus the latest comparison of American student versus Asian student show the success of the program.

  10. #840
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    upsideguy;1059149127]I run from nothing, but I'm afraid I can't compete with you toe to toe on spare time as evidenced by the fact that I have 515 posts in a year during the same time you have posted 9500 times.
    One of the benefits of working 35 years is you can retire and spend time arguing politics.

    Whether it benefits me personally is irrelevant. I know it is hard for conservative folks to understand that we liberals do not always deal from self interest. It does, however, greatly benefit the deficit as it is $70B per year that will go to reduce the deficit and congress does not have to do a thing to get it. Fixing the deficit is going to be an exercise in pain management. If we are committed to fixing it, pain will have shared by all, however, congress needs to inflict the bear minimum of pain. Allowing the tax cuts for the upper income to expire is a major down payment on the deficit with minimal pain.

    I disagree, many liberals deal in self interests which is power, keeping it and keeping people dependent. It does appear that you are very naive if you believe that 70 billion will be generated from taxing the rich and even if it was it never would get to the deficit or debt. Why do you believe that? Do you believe that your income is an expense to the govt? Why would you even promote taking from one class or another?


    For the record, I have been out of school for quite some time. I have "enjoyed" being in the highest tax brackets for much of the past decade, with income tax bills that... well if I had to pay tax on my income tax some of those would be in the upper brackets. But I am no longer a taxpayer as I am a job creator. I have started a business. I am creating jobs not because I am getting tax breaks (though I get a very big one, since companies losing money pay no taxes and get to recover their losses before they every pay tax), but because I see demand for my service. The current tax policy is complete irrelevant to my current endeavor. Again, not all liberals are students, professor, social workers or welfare recipients. Some of us just believe a society moves forward only when its weakest links move forward. Just so you know
    .

    Good for you,glad you have been successfu, now tell me do you believe that tax cuts you receive are an expense to the govt? How do you feel about 47% of the income earners not paying any Federal Income taxes? I don't think anyone in business has ever created jobs because of tax breaks but I do know for a fact that businesses aren't going to hire anyone with uncertainty as to what it is going to cost them to hire someone else and if they can sell enough to pay for that employee, pay the burden on that employee, and make a profit. I am sure being in business that you believe profit is not a four letter word.

    There is only one ideology that doesn't care how much you make or pay in taxes. We are all fortunate to live in this country where everyone has the opportunity to create their own individual wealth and thus need less of that govt. help. Seems that liberals always need victims, why do you think there is so much passion to demonize the rich? You see, going from the current rate to 39% isn't really that big of a deal, but it is the principle as well as the class warfare created to sell that concept. think about it.

Page 84 of 94 FirstFirst ... 34748283848586 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •