Page 79 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 790 of 931

Thread: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

  1. #781
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    The only person here who exaggerates is you, and it is as I said, not what you claim it to be.. You place too much importance to what you hear as long as it is what you want to hear. Your relatives being there doesn't give you a special connection. If it does, nearly all of us are special. I have been in a war, and my only claim to fame is noting that the South Vietnamese Civilians didn't care who won. If they did, they would all be wearing military uniforms. Same crap is going on in the current wars. Sorry you can't see that ...
    It has been my experience that the more war a person has seen up front and personal, the less they want to talk about it with people who weren't there. My grandfather was there on D-day, and he won't talk about it to anyone who wasn't a part of it.
    A coworker was a dog handler, in country Vietnam, for part of his tour, and the rest of his tour was spent climbing in caves with nothing but a .45. That is all I know, since he didn't like talking about it at all. As little action as I have seen, I am practically a non-combatant. I carried ammo for others, and had a rocket explode nearby once, that is as close as I got.
    When you hear someone spending a lot of time talking about it, they might just be a phony...
    Seems you have a comprehension problem and ignore how many times I said I didn't have a special connection only A connection which of course you do not, so tell me where you get your information regarding Iraq, spending in general, and to get back on track that so called Middle class tax cut that Congress was debating? What does any of this have to do with the thread topic? I continue to make the same mistake of responding to off topic posts because most of them are way, way out there.

  2. #782
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,785

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Seems you have a comprehension problem and ignore how many times I said I didn't have a special connection only A connection which of course you do not, so tell me where you get your information regarding Iraq, spending in general, and to get back on track that so called Middle class tax cut that Congress was debating? What does any of this have to do with the thread topic? I continue to make the same mistake of responding to off topic posts because most of them are way, way out there.
    You keep insisting on this connection like it is indeed special. And so what? What insight does this give you that only you now have?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #783
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    You keep insisting on this connection like it is indeed special. And so what? What insight does this give you that only you now have?
    About the same insight as I have about the city of Houston TX as you have. I live here and know the city, people that have been to Iraq/Afghanistan have been there and seen first hand what is going on there. Guess that doesn't make me a liberal because I don't claim to be an expert on subjects I know little about.

  4. #784
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I was upset when almost 3000 lives were lost on 9/11 and the trillion dollars that one event cost this country. What is your experience regarding the war in Iraq and Afghanistan. As stated I had three family members there at different times and all came back with the same story. What makes your feelings more accurate than their first hand experience?

    So you admit that your knowledge is second hand.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  5. #785
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    About the same insight as I have about the city of Houston TX as you have. I live here and know the city, people that have been to Iraq/Afghanistan have been there and seen first hand what is going on there. Guess that doesn't make me a liberal because I don't claim to be an expert on subjects I know little about.

    But you have so much to say, for not being an expert, on anything...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  6. #786
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    [/B]
    So you admit that your knowledge is second hand.
    Absolutely, never said it wasn't, the difference is that second hand information comes from a family member that I see and can personally talk to and have. Your second hand information comes from the media and somehow comparable to having a family member to communicate with. That is liberal, not moderate, logic.

  7. #787
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    [/B]But you have so much to say, for not being an expert, on anything...
    I back up my statements with facts especially regarding this thread topic.

  8. #788
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,617

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by mertex View Post
    You do have a problem comprehending what is posted, don't you. Where in my post did I say the rich screw the middle class?

    If you were as alert as you claim to be you would have been able to deduce from my post that the Republicans screw the middle class in favoring the rich. It isn't the wealthy who are to blame, of course they will accept tax cuts, even though there are some that are Patriotic and even wrote a letter to Obama begging him to let the tax cuts expire. That many Republicans happen to be wealthy and thus benefit from their own coddling is besides the point, but still, it is the party that screws the middle class.

    SO those patriotic dem slurpers are actually sending extra money to the dem run government? Class envy is pathetic



  9. #789
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I back up my statements with facts especially regarding this thread topic.

    Is that a fact?
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  10. #790
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

Page 79 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •