Page 75 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast
Results 741 to 750 of 931

Thread: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

  1. #741
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    I disagree with the "the Middle class is being overtaxed"

    I think they need to redefine the classes - yet again. The LOWER middle class is struggling but the UPPER middle class is not.

    Since we're in a progressive tax-system you'd think there'd be a more smooth climb *up* in taxes depending on your income - since they feel that income and property based taxes are the best way to do it (which I disagree with)
    According to the IRS 47% of income earners did not pay any Federal Income taxes last year and everyone of those were at income of 50,000 or less. That means that 53% of the people had the total tax burden. Sound fair to anyone?

  2. #742
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,877

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The fact that a cut in taxes increasing revenue at all says it all about liberal predictions and comments. With Reagan revenue doubled after the 3 year tax cut. How do you explain it. With Bush that increase lasted 4 years, how do you explain it?

    What is quite telling is that you and others want to blame an increase in revenue as the reason for the deficits and debt. That is illogical. We don't have a revenue problem, we have a spending problem and always have mostly because liberal social engineering.
    News flash for you sir - there are only two sides to a budget. You insist on only looking at one.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  3. #743
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The fact that a cut in taxes increasing revenue at all says it all about liberal predictions and comments. With Reagan revenue doubled after the 3 year tax cut. How do you explain it. With Bush that increase lasted 4 years, how do you explain it?

    What is quite telling is that you and others want to blame an increase in revenue as the reason for the deficits and debt. That is illogical. We don't have a revenue problem, we have a spending problem and always have mostly because liberal social engineering.
    To my knowledge, nobody here has ever said that govt spends too little, so that is ONE DEAD HORSE you can stop beating....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  4. #744
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    We don't have a revenue problem, we have a spending problem and always have mostly because liberal social engineering.
    I doubt truer words have been spoken on this forum.

  5. #745
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    dimensionally transcendental
    Last Seen
    08-15-11 @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    7,153

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    According to the IRS 47% of income earners did not pay any Federal Income taxes last year and everyone of those were at income of 50,000 or less. That means that 53% of the people had the total tax burden. Sound fair to anyone?
    Only if they have a D after their names...

  6. #746
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    News flash for you sir - there are only two sides to a budget. You insist on only looking at one.
    Which side have you EVER looked at? How do you think deficits occur?

  7. #747
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:10 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    To my knowledge, nobody here has ever said that govt spends too little, so that is ONE DEAD HORSE you can stop beating....
    Then why is the focus always on revenue? Why don't you ask yourself why liberals are so focused on tax revenue and have such a passion for taxing a certain class more?

  8. #748
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    you need to read more

    nyt, saturday:



    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/05/us...pagewanted=all

    actually you might want to avoid the very long times story, like tolstoy's ivan illyich it might tell more than anyone would want to know

    but it's all about accounting and pensions and credit ratings and stimulus running out and how post recessions hit states...

    there's a theme thru walsh's and cooper's piece---subprime accounting techniques

    stay up
    Most states DO require a balanced budget, even tho several seem to find creative ways to avoid following their own rules....

    Balanced Budget Amendment - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  9. #749
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    no kidding

    still, SEVEN TRILLION dollars of debt takes quite awhile to accumulate

    ie, it's been going on for quite a while

    ie, where ya been

    want some more links, there are dozens

  10. #750
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    what this enlightenting little episode of presidential caving elucidates

    1. the gop essentially controls not just lower house but, with able assists from the likes of manchin, webb, nelson, lieberman, we are in effective control of upper parliament as well

    cuz if dems won't back their president on TAX CUTS FOR THE RICH, where will they go?

    2. this issue becomes front and center for TWENTY TWELVE, my side will campaign on extending tax cuts to all, obama will advocate for taxing the rich

    who will believe him?

    congrats, obama/mcconnell/boehner

    it's your move, nancy

    don't forget, maam---the president proclaims IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO!

Page 75 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2565737475767785 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •