Page 72 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast
Results 711 to 720 of 931

Thread: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

  1. #711
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    I'm all for personal responsibility as a moral ideal, but you can't depend on it when governing society. Furthermore, you can't just "let people fail" in a non-isolationist economy. If other nations are manipulating their economy during a crisis to better weather the tide, then our nation will be at an enormous disadvantage once the recession clears. That's one of the pressures of being a superpower, is that you can never stop being super even for one economic cycle. It's a point of national security.
    It is the overbloated, massive bureaucratic govt. that we have now that is creating the problems we have with employment and that affects all people but it is Obama affecting our world standing and security.

    Obama isn't helping our national security with his appeasement and "Rodney King, Can't we all just get along" attitude all based upon his belief that he can sit down and talk anyone into liking us. There is a difference between being liked and being respected. I personally like Barack Obama but have zero respect for him as he hasn't earned that respect. Leaders around the world see a very weak leader and that is doing more harm. There is evil in the world and the only thing they understand is strength and power. We are showing neither.

  2. #712
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It is the overbloated, massive bureaucratic govt. that we have now that is creating the problems we have with employment and that affects all people but it is Obama affecting our world standing and security.

    Obama isn't helping our national security with his appeasement and "Rodney King, Can't we all just get along" attitude all based upon his belief that he can sit down and talk anyone into liking us. There is a difference between being liked and being respected. I personally like Barack Obama but have zero respect for him as he hasn't earned that respect. Leaders around the world see a very weak leader and that is doing more harm. There is evil in the world and the only thing they understand is strength and power. We are showing neither.
    I'm talking about economic stature, not attitude or cultural expressions. If you have a high economic standing, the other stuff is secondary. Nations are rarely compelled to make changes in their policies because they are fond of another culture, they are fond of another culture because they often have a positive economic and military relationship with the society to which that culture belongs.
    Last edited by Morality Games; 12-06-10 at 06:58 PM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  3. #713
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    I'm talking about economic stature, not attitude or cultural expressions. If you have a high economic standing, the other stuff is secondary. Nations are rarely compelled to make changes in their policies because they are fond of another culture, they are fond of another culture because they often have a positive economic and military relationship with the society to which that culture belongs.
    How do you explain the strong economic growth and world standing with a much lower Federal Budget which represents the size of the govt?

  4. #714
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    well, that was fast

    Schwarzenegger Proposes $9.9B In Cuts CBS Los Angeles- News, Sports, Weather, Traffic and the Best of LA

    Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has declared a fiscal emergency and is asking lawmakers to meet in a special session to save the state $9.9 billion over the next two years.

    Schwarzenegger on Monday unveiled a plan that relies largely on cuts to health care and social services for the poor.

    About $7.4 billion of his proposal would come from cuts, include reducing cash assistance to needy families by 15.7 percent in April, then eliminating the entire welfare-to-work program in July.

    He is proposing to eliminate vision coverage and increasing monthly premiums for Healthy Families, a program that provides health coverage for children of low-income families.

    The governor also is asking the state to limit prescriptions and cap physician visits to 10 a year for Medi-Cal recipients.
    arnold speaks german

    wie sacht mann auf deutsch (how do you say in german?), austerity?

    sehr tragisch

  5. #715
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    capping doctor visits for our most in need at 10 per year

    that's terrifying

    stop spinning

    worry

  6. #716
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    This is going to upset a few liberals

    Breaking News Alert: Obama, Republicans reach tentative deal on extending Bush-era income tax breaks
    December 6, 2010 6:15:02 PM
    ----------------------------------------

    President Obama and congressional Republicans have agreed to a tentative deal that would extend all the Bush-era income tax breaks set to expire on Dec. 31, continue unemployment benefits for an additional 13 months, and cut payroll taxes for workers to encourage employers to start hiring.

    Wonder now that unemployment benefits go 3 years if that will be enough for some here? Can you imagine being out of the workforce for three years and then applying for a job? "What have you been doing for the past three years?" "Well, I have been unemployed, looking for a job." Now that would be an interesting discussion and follow up. Good luck getting that job.

  7. #717
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Obama to Speak on Tax Cuts | POLITICO 44

    did you see his address to the nation, 6:30 eastern?

    he was furious

    but he said it---"IT'S THE RIGHT THING TO DO!"

    for the economy, for working families, for the american people...

    tax cuts for the rich

    THE RIGHT THING TO DO!

    progressives, look where he's brought you

    you have my sympathy, i've been there...

  8. #718
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    kudos to president obama for including in the deal (which now will go up against a pretty cranky congressional caucus) a 2%, one year reduction in social security payroll taxes

    it should go without saying that the surest and fastest way to job growth is to target tithes against labor

    by all accounts (start with politico) this temporary payroll reduction is obama's baby, it did not come from boehner/mcconnell

    the 35% death tax on estates over 5 mil, however, is all gop

    pelosi's not gonna like it

    stay up

  9. #719
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,786

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What a bunch of crap! Why do you care what someone else makes or pays in taxes? Sounds like jealousy to me. Only four times in U.S. history have tax rate cuts been implemented. Coolidge, JFK, Reagan, and GW Bush. Every time employment went up as did Govt. revenue. Promoting bigger govt seems to be what you continually want to do.
    Thank you for your careful analysis of the information presented in the chart.

    Oh wait!!!!

    Never mind.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #720
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,619

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What a bunch of crap! Why do you care what someone else makes or pays in taxes? Sounds like jealousy to me. Only four times in U.S. history have tax rate cuts been implemented. Coolidge, JFK, Reagan, and GW Bush. Every time employment went up as did Govt. revenue. Promoting bigger govt seems to be what you continually want to do.
    They love being charitable with our money but taking the credit and getting the votes



Page 72 of 94 FirstFirst ... 2262707172737482 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •