Page 68 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast
Results 671 to 680 of 931

Thread: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

  1. #671
    Sage
    CriticalThought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    18,125

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    you should be ashamed of yourself

    or not



    John McCain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    I have nothing to be ashamed of, he admitted it in his own first person account. The only reason he recieved medical treatment after he crashed his plane was because they found out his dad was an admiral. The fact that he didn't accept an early release is a completely separate issue.

  2. #672
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    I have nothing to be ashamed of.
    glad to hear it

    either way, he's a hero

    honor that

    or not

    meanwhile, tax cuts for the rich are a done deal

    thanks to webb, manchin, lieberman, nelson and feingold

    don't raise taxes in a recession---econ 101

    obama has no clout

    msnbc---expect a primary challenge from the left

    i can't see that far out, but i fully appreciate the potentials

    party on

  3. #673
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Then you are in conflict with our Founders and the Constitution that put the power in the hands of the states, closer to the people. The Founders knew that power corrupts and that is what has happened with the massive growth in the Federal govt. By having the power in the states the people are closer to their leadership. This would be a great thread topic but contrary to this thread topic.
    Both the Constitution and this country have evolved.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  4. #674
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    As far as "Obama's solving problems" goes, I'd say that's an ongoing process.
    but we're going the wrong way

    Unemployment Rate Hits 9.8% as Job Growth Slows - CBS News

    and his leadership has been all but stripped

    why did orszag, romer and summers quit?

  5. #675
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    Both the Constitution and this country have evolved.
    Yes, for the worse as evidenced by the 14 trillion dollar debt we have today because of liberal social engineering. That doesn't even count state debt so how much is enough? Why the continued confidence that the Federal Govt. can solve social problems?

  6. #676
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    Obama didn't demonize those things.
    Obama Seen as Anti-Business by 77% of U.S. Investors (Update1) - Bloomberg

  7. #677
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Yes, for the worse as evidenced by the 14 trillion dollar debt we have today because of liberal social engineering. That doesn't even count state debt so how much is enough? Why the continued confidence that the Federal Govt. can solve social problems?
    I disagree. The expansion of the central government has been a wash. On the down side, we have the debt. On the up side we have our power and influence in the world. No way that would have happened in a states' rights type of governement. Conservative inflexibility would have kept us subserviant to Europe.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  8. #678
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    I disagree. The expansion of the central government has been a wash. On the down side, we have the debt. On the up side we have our power and influence in the world. No way that would have happened in a states' rights type of governement. Conservative inflexibility would have kept us subserviant to Europe.
    You seem to confuse the two, power and influence in the world has nothing to do with a strong central govt, but a strong growing economy that has been reduced due the massive debt growing and the current occupant in the WH who many like but few respect.

    It is the social engineering on the part of the Federal Govt. that has created most of the debt, i.e. Great society, and that continue to deminish world respect.

    It is the conservatives ideology that believes in a strong "common defense" not the liberal ideology.

  9. #679
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:38 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,692

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You seem to confuse the two, power and influence in the world has nothing to do with a strong central govt, but a strong growing economy that has been reduced due the massive debt growing and the current occupant in the WH who many like but few respect.
    No, you do not seem to understand that a strong central government is essential to power and influence, economically, politically, and internationally. When you give more power to the states, you present the weakness of "committee".

    It is the social engineering on the part of the Federal Govt. that has created most of the debt, i.e. Great society, and that continue to deminish world respect.
    In your opinion. It is the "great society" that has helped in making the US the place that people would want to immigrate to. And the US has a tremendous amount of influence and respect because of how we conduct our society.

    It is the conservatives ideology that believes in a strong "common defense" not the liberal ideology.
    And it is conservative ideology that has harmed our respect in the world because of how we have used our "defense".

    Doesn't matter how you cut it. When you only look at one side of an issue, as you do, you fail to understand the big picture.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  10. #680
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:25 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,264

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    CaptainCourtesy;1059142414]No, you do not seem to understand that a strong central government is essential to power and influence, economically, politically, and internationally. When you give more power to the states, you present the weakness of "committee".
    Which came first, the chicken or the egg? The power that the Central govt. has in the world came from the productivity and creativity of the individuals in the states not the bureaucrats in D.C. There is a place for the Central Govt. and our Constitution provides the direction, "Promote the Common Defense" which is an interesting concept in the liberal world where it is more the "Rodney King" philosophy of "Can't we all just get along". There is strength in a strong economy and that is created at the state level, not the Federal Level. The Federal Govt. doesn't create anything other than debt. Seems we had a lot of power in the world without a 3.6 trillion dollar Central Govt. As was pointed out, we had a 250 billion dollar budget in 1965 with 175 million people, today that is 3.6 trillion for 310 million people, population doesn't double but the budget goes up 15 times. Make sense to you?


    In your opinion. It is the "great society" that has helped in making the US the place that people would want to immigrate to. And the US has a tremendous amount of influence and respect because of how we conduct our society.
    The facts seem to support my contention that the Great Society has caused most of the debt, and it wasn't the Great Society that attracted millions to this country, it was the opportunity that this country offered. The Great Society was created by LBJ in the 60's.


    And it is conservative ideology that has harmed our respect in the world because of how we have used our "defense".
    That is your opinion, mine is that dictators of the world that control the media thus the message only understand one thing, strength and that is what our military shows. The problem is too many won't let our military win wars because of political correctness. we cannot hurt civilians!

    Doesn't matter how you cut it. When you only look at one side of an issue, as you do, you fail to understand the big picture.

    Always looked at issues like a balance sheet, put the assets on one side and the liabilities on the other. As long as the assets are larger than the liabilities that is a good thing. Today the liabilities are outweighing the assets and we are losing our power in the world and our economy is suffering under the weight your vision of a large central govt. has created.

    By the way good job playing someone on the liberal side of the equation but like many liberals your argument is full of holes which I know someone of your intelligence understands.

Page 68 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1858666768697078 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •