Page 66 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 931

Thread: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

  1. #651
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The GOP sent a real weak candidate against someone who everyone wanted to believe and who spoke nothing but rhetoric. His resume showed an inexperienced candidate who would be in over his head and the results are showing that more should have paid attention to the resume.
    Most of the Administration's policies are obligatory and standard responses to repeating historical and economic developments. Health care is the main exception, but even assuming the worst of it, it isn't Obama's fault: Congress should have resolved the issue several administrations ago.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  2. #652
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It is unfortunate that most people don't understand the foundation upon which our country was built. Never in history has unemployment been this bad after the end of a recession and the fact is the Obama policies do not promote the private sector thus are doing nothing positive thus the results. The recession began in December 2007 and went until June 2009. What did Obama do that caused the recession to end 5 months after the recession ended but has led to a jobless recovery?

    I have no use for Obama because of his policies which are anti growth, anti business, anti individual wealth creation, pro govt. growth, and thus creating a bigger nanny state. The people are waking up slowly but Nov. 2 was a sign of things to come.

    To be perfectly honest I have no use for RINO Republicans either but I do know what made this country great and it wasn't Obama style policies.
    Yeah, that's the ticket, keep labeling those who are to the left of YOU...that will get their votes...

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The GOP sent a real weak candidate against someone who everyone wanted to believe and who spoke nothing but rhetoric. His resume showed an inexperienced candidate who would be in over his head and the results are showing that more should have paid attention to the resume.
    They did, McCain's resume showed him to be a slacker who felt entitled. He had no ideas that weren't ancient before he was born.
    The GOP screwed up, clear as can be...
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  3. #653
    Slayer of the DP Newsbot
    danarhea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    39,764

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    Most of the Administration's policies are obligatory and standard responses to repeating historical and economic developments. Health care is the main exception, but even assuming the worst of it, it isn't Obama's fault: Congress should have resolved the issue several administrations ago.
    Actually, Congress created the issue during the Clinton administration, when they chose to dismantle the Glass-Steagal protections that were put in place during the Great Depression. This is the exact reason why we are in such a fix right now.
    The ghost of Jack Kevorkian for President's Physician: 2016

  4. #654
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    Most of the Administration's policies are obligatory and standard responses to repeating historical and economic developments. Health care is the main exception, but even assuming the worst of it, it isn't Obama's fault: Congress should have resolved the issue several administrations ago.
    Obama is in office, ran for the office for two years, said he could solve the problems and the reality is he hasn't. The results speak for themselves. Obama has been the most devisive President in decades and generated these results with his party in charge of Congress. There is no one to blame but Obama for what we have today.

  5. #655
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Yeah, that's the ticket, keep labeling those who are to the left of YOU...that will get their votes...


    They did, McCain's resume showed him to be a slacker who felt entitled. He had no ideas that weren't ancient before he was born.
    The GOP screwed up, clear as can be...
    You seem to have missed the Nov. 2, 2010 elections. Yes, the GOP screwed up and the country suffered electing Obama who didn't have the experience to handle the job.

  6. #656
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    Actually, Congress created the issue during the Clinton administration, when they chose to dismantle the Glass-Steagal protections that were put in place during the Great Depression. This is the exact reason why we are in such a fix right now.
    We all know why we got into the mess, but the problem is Obama hasn't done what was necessary to get us out quicker. Instead he is prolonging the nightmare with his big govt. community agitator programs. Promoting job growth doesn't mean bailing out the unions.

  7. #657
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    It is unfortunate that most people don't understand the foundation upon which our country was built. Never in history has unemployment been this bad after the end of a recession and the fact is the Obama policies do not promote the private sector thus are doing nothing positive thus the results. The recession began in December 2007 and went until June 2009. What did Obama do that caused the recession to end 5 months after the recession ended but has led to a jobless recovery?

    I have no use for Obama because of his policies which are anti growth, anti business, anti individual wealth creation, pro govt. growth, and thus creating a bigger nanny state. The people are waking up slowly but Nov. 2 was a sign of things to come.

    To be perfectly honest I have no use for RINO Republicans either but I do know what made this country great and it wasn't Obama style policies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You seem to have missed the Nov. 2, 2010 elections. Yes, the GOP screwed up and the country suffered electing Obama who didn't have the experience to handle the job.
    Nov. 2010 was expected, predictable, based on history of midterm elections. What is new about the election is the 3rd party, the tea party, and that may present its ugly head again.
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  8. #658
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Nov. 2010 was expected, predictable, based on history of midterm elections. What is new about the election is the 3rd party, the tea party, and that may present its ugly head again.
    Sorry, but losses to this extent haven't happened since the 30's, this was a historic election across the nation. It is the results that matter, not the rhetoric which is all Obama does tells people what many want to hear. The American electorate is tired of the rhetoric.

  9. #659
    Guru
    Morality Games's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Iowa
    Last Seen
    05-24-16 @ 10:00 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,733

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Obama is in office, ran for the office for two years, said he could solve the problems and the reality is he hasn't. The results speak for themselves. Obama has been the most devisive President in decades and generated these results with his party in charge of Congress. There is no one to blame but Obama for what we have today.
    Republicans have contributed more than their fair share to our polarized political environment, and most of their criticisms are highly tailored and lack sincerity. For example, they ran on the idea Obama gave too much to Wall-Street (appeal to the populist element) in the bail outs, but now they want to keep giving more with these tax cuts (appeal to the upper-income elements), effectively tailoring their rhetoric so all their bases are covered. Aside from the fact the bail outs were necessary to maintain the economy (Republicans don't even argue against that, just that Obama gave too much), they worked remarkably smoothly for the most part. But while they were a standard protocol to avoid a depression, they were still unpopular, and the GOP capitalized on that unpopularity in spite of the fact that if their positions were reversed they would have performed the same action (indeed, they did during the last months of the Bush Administration).

    As far as the hysteria surrounding Obama goes, it only exists because the GOP and grassroots elements among conservatives are pushing it. The former because they like being in office and the latter because they have a disorganized perception of history.

    As far as "Obama's solving problems" goes, I'd say that's an ongoing process.
    Last edited by Morality Games; 12-06-10 at 03:22 PM.
    If you notice something good in yourself, give credit to God, not to yourself, but be certain the evil you commit is always your own and yours to acknowledge.

    St. Benedict

  10. #660
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,298

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Morality Games View Post
    Republicans have contributed more than their fair share to our polarized political environment, and most of their criticisms are highly tailored and lack sincerity. For example, they ran on the idea Obama gave too much to Wall-Street (appeal to the populist element) in the bail outs, but now they want to keep giving more with these tax cuts (appeal to the upper-income elements), effectively tailoring their rhetoric so all their bases are covered. Aside from the fact the bail outs were necessary to maintain the economy (Republicans don't even argue against that, just that Obama gave too much), they worked remarkably smoothly for the most part. But while they were a standard protocol to avoid a depression, they were still unpopular, and the GOP capitalized on that unpopularity in spite of the fact that if their positions were reversed they would have performed the same action (indeed, they did during the last months of the Bush Administration).

    As far as the hysteria surrounding Obama goes, it only exists because the GOP and grassroots elements among conservatives are pushing it. The former because they like being in office and the latter because they have a disorganized perception of history.

    As far as "Obama's solving problems" goes, I'd say that's an ongoing process.
    Figure out the principles upon which this country was built and get back to me. Anyone that continues to demonize profits, individual wealth creation, Wall Street, or business in general has no business commenting on the past.

    Results matter, not rhetoric. Some here continue to buy the rhetoric and ignore the results when you are doing when you say

    As far as the hysteria surrounding Obama goes, it only exists because the GOP and grassroots elements among conservatives are pushing it.

    Obama took an improving economy and prolonged the negativity he promoted. Since Obama took office 4 million more Americans lost their jobs, there is higher unemployment in 2010 than in 2009 on a month to month basis and 3 trillion added to the debt. That is hardly the hope and change promised and the country is fed up with the "ongoing process."

Page 66 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •