Page 62 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast
Results 611 to 620 of 931

Thread: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

  1. #611
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Who has promoted class envy? You are one of a few who harp on it constantly. Who has demonized profits and wealth creation?
    Some have praised it beyond its due...and some think that it is done without the support of our govt, our infrastructure, and those who actually did the work that follows good ideas.
    Not paying much attention to the news and the posts here, I see? As stated there is a real disconnect between what some see as the role of the Federal Govt. and what the intent was of our founders. I have a new thread on that topic. Also many don't understand the taxes we pay and their use with many claiming a different role for those taxes than exist. We have a 14 trillion dollar debt today for a reason and it all starts with Federal Social engineering and can be traced back to the Great Society.

  2. #612
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Not paying much attention to the news and the posts here, I see? As stated there is a real disconnect between what some see as the role of the Federal Govt. and what the intent was of our founders. I have a new thread on that topic. Also many don't understand the taxes we pay and their use with many claiming a different role for those taxes than exist. We have a 14 trillion dollar debt today for a reason and it all starts with Federal Social engineering and can be traced back to the Great Society.
    Great Society was Johnson, FDR and SS is a better starting place....
    BUT, when Wall Street creates a mess, it is up to those who benefit from that mess to clean it up. Natural disasters, as in famines, is one thing, but when the filthy rich make a mess of the economy, somehow it falls on the middle class to clean it up....
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  3. #613
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,935

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    The facts show that tax cuts on the highest earners normally lead to increased unemployment

    Tax Cuts Usually Lead to Higher Unemployment. Tax Increases Lead to Lower Unemployment. | BuzzFlash.org

    It's quite simple really: Tax cuts usually lead to higher unemployment. Tax increases usually lead to lower unemployment.

    Since 1950 we have had five tax increases on the rich. Four out of five times unemployment went down.

    Since 1950 we have ten cuts to the top marginal rate. Six out of ten times unemployment has gone up.
    click on the link for a detailed chart with facts and figures.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #614
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Great Society was Johnson, FDR and SS is a better starting place....
    BUT, when Wall Street creates a mess, it is up to those who benefit from that mess to clean it up. Natural disasters, as in famines, is one thing, but when the filthy rich make a mess of the economy, somehow it falls on the middle class to clean it up....
    The Great Society created Medicare and Medicaid both of which were to cost millions not billions. Wall Street didn't create the entitlement mentality, govt. did. Those filthy rich that you hate earned their money and deserve to keep it, spending it the way they see fit. In many societies taking that money would be classified as theft.

  5. #615
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    The facts show that tax cuts on the highest earners normally lead to increased unemployment

    Tax Cuts Usually Lead to Higher Unemployment. Tax Increases Lead to Lower Unemployment. | BuzzFlash.org

    click on the link for a detailed chart with facts and figures.
    What a bunch of crap! Why do you care what someone else makes or pays in taxes? Sounds like jealousy to me. Only four times in U.S. history have tax rate cuts been implemented. Coolidge, JFK, Reagan, and GW Bush. Every time employment went up as did Govt. revenue. Promoting bigger govt seems to be what you continually want to do.

  6. #616
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The Great Society created Medicare and Medicaid both of which were to cost millions not billions. Wall Street didn't create the entitlement mentality, govt. did. Those filthy rich that you hate earned their money and deserve to keep it, spending it the way they see fit. In many societies taking that money would be classified as theft.
    Depends on who we are talking about...
    Bill Gates is filthy rich, he created an entire industry and put millions to work...I admire him.
    Others are just financiers who leach off of the small investor and find ways to steal a few dollars a year fromeach of millions of clients.
    Which are you ?
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  7. #617
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:00 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,072

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    The facts show that tax cuts on the highest earners normally lead to increased unemployment

    Tax Cuts Usually Lead to Higher Unemployment. Tax Increases Lead to Lower Unemployment. | BuzzFlash.org



    click on the link for a detailed chart with facts and figures.
    And on the left margin is another juicy one, "Why are 98 percent of Americans subsidizing the Super Rich." And yet another, "What's one question the GOP leaders never ask: What can we do for the good of the country?" And of course, the much needed story on "Why don't Republicans work to promote the general welfare like the constitution instructs."

    LOL. That brainwashing is going to leave nothing left in your noggin. BuzzFlash looks left of Media Matters, if that is possible.

  8. #618
    Sage
    UtahBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    12-03-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    17,687

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What a bunch of crap! Why do you care what someone else makes or pays in taxes? Sounds like jealousy to me. Only four times in U.S. history have tax rate cuts been implemented. Coolidge, JFK, Reagan, and GW Bush. Every time employment went up as did Govt. revenue. Promoting bigger govt seems to be what you continually want to do.
    1985, the USA becomes a debtor nation, who was President?
    Oracle of Utah
    Truth rings hollow in empty heads.

  9. #619
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    Depends on who we are talking about...
    Bill Gates is filthy rich, he created an entire industry and put millions to work...I admire him.
    Others are just financiers who leach off of the small investor and find ways to steal a few dollars a year fromeach of millions of clients.
    Which are you ?
    Then provide specifics instead of the broad brush. As stated, Bill Gates did it, so did others but it is a lot easier pointing to those that abused the system even though in a minority. In my career I promoted individual growth and upward mobility. I helped create a lot of individuals become financially successful and did it without the "help" of the govt.

  10. #620
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    1985, the USA becomes a debtor nation, who was President?
    In 1985 Reagan started the creation of the peace dividend that was squandered by Clinton, Bush and Obama

Page 62 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1252606162636472 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •