Page 49 of 94 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 931

Thread: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

  1. #481
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Yeah, the Republicans didn't win control of the Senate and still don't control the presidency.
    of course we don't have the white house, he wasn't up, silly

    most house pickups since 1938, 21 state houses, 693 state reps, most in history, 10 gubs, 6 senators...

    the apologists are actually in DENIAL about the november 2 WAVE

    LOL!


    carry on

  2. #482
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Greenspan's repudiation of deregulation is essential to my argument. Nice try though.


    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/01/op...01krugman.html



    Weren't you paying attention during the midterm elections?
    Reagan had nothing to do with the housing bubble. It was gubmit that screwed that pooch, with Fannie and Freddie and Andrew Cuomo and Dimocrats. You got no argument. If you did, you would have made it instead of posting a link that has nothing to do with Reagan or the failure of Obama.

  3. #483
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    Greenspan's repudiation of deregulation is essential to my argument. Nice try though.
    Greenspan saying that he thought deregulation went a bit too far =/= incontrovertible proof that Reaganomics caused the current crisis.

    Can't believe I have to explain this.

    Ah, Krugman claimed it in an op-ed. Guess that's settled.

    I could go dig up a Krauthammer op-ed or something from the WSJ that would say the exact opposite, but given that op-eds aren't evidence of anything, I think I'll pass.

    Weren't you paying attention during the midterm elections?
    Another substantive response. You've certainly proved your point.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  4. #484
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    did you hear what senators webb, feingold, nelson, lieberman and manchin said?

    LOL!

    i wonder why they did THAT

    why did orszag say it?

    why did romer and summers quit?

  5. #485
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    you have claimed that the tax cut created jobs...where are they? results matter!!
    And they did, 8.5 million from 2001-2007 on the tax cuts that went into effect in 2001 and 2003. So let me see if you can figure this out and let's make it personal. In 2003 your withholding taxes went down meaning that your paycheck was bigger and that has continued on to the present. Would you agree that is a pay raise, ok so far?

    Now it is 2008-2010 and you haven't had a pay increase since 2003. The pay increase is still there but is eaten up by increased costs, i.e. healthcare, potential for higher taxes, state tax changes. How many years between your last pay increase? You really expect a tax increase in 2003 to offset the cost increases that occurred in 2008-2010 and businesses to create jobs with that pay increase from 2003? Now, your President is going to take that pay raise away from you and as a business owner would you be doing any more hiring?

    How many jobs will be created by increasing the taxes on the top 2%? If you are going to take tax cuts aways since they didn't do any good, then remove them all including yours?

  6. #486
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    of course we don't have the white house, he wasn't up, silly
    That's the point. The system is set up so that the party in the minority control of the government shouldn't get their way. Our founding fathers were very wise in this way.

    So pipe down and stop impeding progress.

  7. #487
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Eighty Deuce View Post
    Reagan had nothing to do with the housing bubble. It was gubmit that screwed that pooch, with Fannie and Freddie and Andrew Cuomo and Dimocrats. You got no argument. If you did, you would have made it instead of posting a link that has nothing to do with Reagan or the failure of Obama.
    I can tell you didn't actually read the article I linked to. Read the article, which contains the argument I have adopted, and then respond.

  8. #488
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    the question was directed to conservative, not you....
    not interested in the answer?

    only in some insignificant little chatroomer?

    LOL!

    someone's losing it

    why did obama promise unemployment would cap at 8% with passage of his stimu... err, recovery act?

    why did the senators slice off?

    why did orszag oust himself?

  9. #489
    Sage

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    05-16-15 @ 02:32 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,537

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    That's the point. The system is set up so that the party in the minority control of the government shouldn't get their way.
    thanks, captain civics

    So pipe down and stop impeding progress.
    nope

  10. #490
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by The Prof View Post
    thanks, captain civics
    I think I should change my user name to that. You should have stayed awake in civics class.
    Last edited by Guy Incognito; 12-05-10 at 09:15 PM.

Page 49 of 94 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •