Page 43 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast
Results 421 to 430 of 931

Thread: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

  1. #421
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    And if we were talking about raising the capital gains rate on the "uber rich," that would be one thing. Instead, we're talking about raising income tax rates on people earning more than $200k.

    The Tax Foundation - Summary of Latest Federal Individual Income Tax Data

    The average fed income tax rate for someone in the bottom 50% of earners is 2.49%. For the next 25%, it's 6.75%. For the next 15%, it's 9.29%. Those are not even close to the rates paid by the "uber rich."




    If you ask a stupid question, don't be surprised when you don't get a good answer.
    when i want your opinion, i'll rattle your chain.

  2. #422
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    mertex;1059140489]So What? You don't mind the middle-class getting screwed so the rich can get more money? You need to do a little research. Most of the ubber wealthy pay a lot lower rate (16%), because most of their income comes from capital gains. They also have many more tax shelters and loopholes than the middle class, so yes, the more money you make the more money you are going to pay, but if the rates are disproportionate, the middle class gets to keep less of their money than the rich.
    Funny, I don't see where any rich person hurt the middle class by keeping more of what they earn, not like the govt has done keeping people dependent. I find it interesting that there is only one ideology that doesn't care about what you make or how much you pay in taxes and another that basis their entire ideology out of class warfare and envy.

    As for rates all taxpayers got tax cuts at the same rates and thus proportionate, why do you care? Right now with the Bush tax cuts in place 47% of the income earners, all under 50,000 a year didn't pay any Federal Income taxes so that defeats your argument. You are the one that needs better research.

    What is your "big" interest in protecting the wealthy people's tax cuts? We've already seen that the tax cuts didn't help the economy, neither did they provide jobs, so please explain what your interest is.
    Oh, call it a little pet peeve of mine in that I think people should be able to decide how to spend their money vs. the Federal Govt. doing it. I guess no one has shown me that allowing the rich to keep more of what they earn has hurt me or my family nor will it. Maybe you ought to more concern about your own personal responsibilities.

    Don't tell me that you are being "fair" - because you don't seem to care about the unemployed losing their benefits.
    I asked you a simple question as to how long an unemployed should receive benefits for being unemployed and didn't get an answer. Right now it is two years which apparently isn't long enough for you.


    Those not asking for the money back are the same wealthy that you are fighting for and of course they are not sending more to the Federal Government. Why not? Only a real dunce would not be able to answer that. Because everyone wants to keep more of their money. But, our country is in dire need, if anybody would want to help the country, the super wealthy should be the first, since they are the ones that can most afford it. Your party keeps saying no more deficit spending, but when it comes to the rich, they look the other way?
    Whether or not the wealthy are asking for it or not never was the issue. They have the ability to send more money to the govt anytime they want. Liberals seem to want the govt. to force that money back to the govt.

    Our country is in dire need? Until spending gets under control I don't support sending an extra dime to the govt and the question is why do you? You really think that raising the taxes on the rich are going to lower the deficit? How naive are you or better yet, how old? Read a history book.

    I don't care if the rich get to keep more of what they earn, I care that they get to keep more of what they earn than the middle-class person. Why don't you? Are you one of the super wealthy?
    What I want is incentive for the middle class to become rich, even you. Penalizing one group or another reduces incentive.

    There is a difference in earning and keeping more of what one earns and giving the super wealthy big tax cuts so they get to keep more money than others that are not as wealthy.
    Really, what is that difference? The govt. giving the rich more of their own money? That makes sense to you? If the rich kept more of what they earn there wouldn't be any need to give any of it back.

    Yes, it is their money, so is my money mine. So, why did Bush give the super wealthy bigger tax cuts? Why are they allowed more loopholes so they don't have to pay as much. It seems to me that you don't understand what is going on. Faux News and Rush Limbaugh have got you so brainwashed - of course, commentators on Faux News and Rush Limbaugh are super wealthy, it is in their best interest.
    He didn't give the rich a bigger tax cut, same percentage. If you don't make what the rich make whose fault is it? Please explain to me why 47% of the people in this country didn't pay any Federal Income taxes AFTER the Bush tax cuts?

    By the very nature that the super rich will be paying more in taxes, that will increase revenue. Plus, not having to borrow $700B to give them the tax cuts (that is what it will cost the U.S.), that is $700B money the gov saves.
    No, there is no guarantee of that but what it does guarantee is that it will change human behavior. You keep using the 700 Billion number as if it were gospel, what is it going to take for you to question the projections made by this Administration. They cannot even tell what is going to happen this year let alone 5-10 years down the road. Keep buying the rhetoric.

    Well, your party seem to think that the Stimulus and the Tarp were only hurting the country, why don't they feel the same about the tax cuts for the super wealthy? They are all about the same amount of money. The difference being, the Stimulus and the Tarp were an effort to help the economy, the tax cuts for the rich are an effort to help only the rich.
    TARP was a Bush program and the Stimulus was Obama's. TARP bailed out the banks and most of the money has been paid back. Obama's stimulus led to 4 million more unemployed Americans and another 3 trillion added to the debt. you tell me which one was successful.

    Well, it seems to have made Tea Partiers better had the Stimulus $700B, and the Tarp $700B were not spent, so how come the $700B tax cuts don't seem to bother them anymore?
    Because the 700 billion in tax cuts is a 10 year projection and is actually allowing people to keep more of what they earned.


    Don't rewrite History. It is a fact that Bush's policies (tax cuts for the rich and two unnecessary wars) put the country in the toilet. Obama has been trying, even against the efforts of the Republican party to thwart them, to help the economy recover as well help those hit by the recession, and there has been some progress made. Bush outsourced a lot of our work to China and other countries, you have that to be proud of
    .

    I wish you would read history before you claim someone else is re-writing it. Democrats have controlled Congress for 4 years so don't give me this crap about the Republicans, your party lost on November 2 in a good shellacking

    And, as a matter of fact, Corporations are doing great in profits, but are still not hiring. Are they just trying to keep more money to themselves?

    Something's Wrong With This Picture: Corporations Have Most Profitable Quarter in U.S. History as Unemployment Soars
    According to a new report (PDF) from the Bureau of Economic Analysis, U.S. corporate profits are at an all-time high, despite the turbulent economy. At the same time, the real unemployment rate remains astronomically high, affecting some 1 in 5 Americans.
    Right 16 million Americans are unemployed and not being paid by corporations. Your outrage over profits is quite telling.

  3. #423
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    when i want your opinion, i'll rattle your chain.
    Rattle his chain?

    Shouldn't you at least buy him a drink first?
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

  4. #424
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    when i want your opinion, i'll rattle your chain.
    (That's what she said.)

    And when you ask dumb questions, I'll point out that fact.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  5. #425
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    90,037

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You would never survive in TX as here people take personal responsibility and don't require someone else to do things for them. TX has a growing economy and is creating jobs. Why don't you find out why and ask your Legislators why they cannot do the same in Ohio? That would require you to stop whining though.
    Right pawner. people in Texas .. well schucks alive ... they are more than mere people ... they are Texans by gawd.... check that ... they are TEXANS .... not fear'd of nutin .... taller than most trees ... stronger than a ape in the jungle and twice as smart too. they have plenty of jobs there and don't you even think about comin down to get yerself one .... y'hear?
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  6. #426
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Gardener View Post
    Rattle his chain?

    Shouldn't you at least buy him a drink first?
    hehehehehe

  7. #427
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:24 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    (That's what she said.)

    And when you ask dumb questions, I'll point out that fact.
    the question was directed to conservative, not you....

  8. #428
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by UtahBill View Post
    and that affects you how? You are not a billionaire, probably not even a millionaire, yet you middle worry about them so much. Is that attitude in the bible or something?
    I'm not even in the middle and I don't read the bible.
    I just don't think taking from people just because they have more than I do, is fair.
    Everyone should have skin in the game. I don't think it would be right for me to vote for higher taxes on the rich but not on myself. That's why I am a conservative and vote Republican.
    I think everyone should pay the same %. The more you make, the more you pay and no class envy at least over income taxes. No holding yourself of your business back in fear of higher tax brackets either. Like Obamacare, if you employ over 50 people it'll cost you dearly. Who in their right mind with 45 employees will decide to expand?
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  9. #429
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    if you want to speak of logic, where is the logic in giving the rich another tax cut? it obviously hasnt done what you claimed it would do...WHERE ARE THE JOBS CONSERVATIVE, WHERE ARE THE JOBS?
    How about we just don't raise the taxes on them? Oh and by the way how about we just don't raise the taxes on the middle class while we're at it?
    I wonder how many will be wondering where their "cut" is when all is said and done.
    Look at the title of this thread "House passes Middle-Class Tax Cut" Many of those who don't keep up with Dem speak will be looking for that "tax cut" on their paychecks.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  10. #430
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Right pawner. people in Texas .. well schucks alive ... they are more than mere people ... they are Texans by gawd.... check that ... they are TEXANS .... not fear'd of nutin .... taller than most trees ... stronger than a ape in the jungle and twice as smart too. they have plenty of jobs there and don't you even think about comin down to get yerself one .... y'hear?
    You betcha!

Page 43 of 94 FirstFirst ... 3341424344455393 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •