Page 4 of 94 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 931

Thread: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

  1. #31
    I invented Human Nature
    Z3n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    05-13-12 @ 06:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,251

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    I support progressive income taxation.
    Don't tread on me= Don't tread on my corporate masters

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Wealthy people don't create jobs just because they have the money to do it. Why is that so hard for conservatives to understand?

    If demand is not sufficient to justify a new hire, there isn't going to be a new hire even if the tax rates are 0%.
    But it is never that simple and obvious to an entrepeneur in business, which is what all these small businesses are. Whatever the given demand is, government now wants to increase the risk to the entrepeneur. The gubmit cut changes the dynamic of all risk. To pretend it does not is to be ... like a Democrat !!

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by upsideguy View Post
    People over $250K create the jobs? This has to be one of the biggest myths of the century......

    First, we are talking about taxes on personal income, not corporate income. Generally, corporations create jobs (and few pay taxes). The only job creating individuals that you could be talking about are filing as LLC or partners. Lower tax rates to those individuals actually encourage them to take money out of their business RATHER than investing in jobs. With higher tax rates, these persons would beter incented to create the job as it would actually cost them less out of pocket (as they get a tax deduction of the job and a higher tax rate means the tax deduction is worth more.)

    Jobs are not created as a result of changing tax rates... they are created when businesses believe that granting a job will create a ROI rooted in increased sales or lower costs. They are created by demand for a product or service. Anyone that has ever done any investment analysis knows the taxes are no better than a tretiary consideration. I, for one, am a job creator. I started a business in 2009. I have 4 full-time employees and 20 part-time employees. Though I once was in the high tax bracket, my business, as a start-up (and person) will pay zero taxes, as I will lose money for the first 18 months. You can double, triple or half taxes and it makes zero difference to my endeavor, as I am chasing a market. Taxes, right now, are almost completely irrelevant as during my start-up phase I pay ZERO taxes (personally or corporately). Moreover, I will pay zero taxes until I fully recover my investment. So, the higher the tax rate, the better that savings to me as we start making money and recovering our investment (really close, thank you)

    People that think this tax adjustment on the higher incomes will produce jobs either have no clue how business investment actually occurs, or more likely, are just intellectually dishonest. Are you serious about creating incentives for employment? Trying raising the tax rates on individuals earning...say more than $1.0 million to 50%
    Your post completely ignores the risk-reward dynamic and the burden of the usual #1 expense to any business: payroll. Higher taxes on that ROI, which is what the remaining Dems who did not lose their jobs want, increase the risk, and therefor the cost. Its very simple, unless one chooses to be dense. Those who are net recipients of government largesse tend to be dense, btw.

  4. #34
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,029

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    You really have no clue what I do.

    what sort of job do you have-assuming there is one
    You told me you're a civil trial lawyer or is that not your career de jour today?

    I run two businesses. I'm a capitalist but no overpaid.

  5. #35
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    12-29-15 @ 10:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    3,747

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    You know, the Republicans are in the wrong here, and so are the Democrats. I am going to take an extremely unpopular position, but at least it will be an honest one.

    The budget needs to be balanced. That means no tax cuts for the wealthy, no tax cuts for the middle class, and no tax cuts for the poor. No tax cuts at all, but a tax increase instead. We are not going to be able to spend our way out of this one, and although spending decreases will help, it won't be enough. We will also have to raise taxes, if we are going to have any hope of balancing the budget, and once again living within our means. To do otherwise is going to be economic suicide.

    But some of you will exclaim "What an order. This isn't fair". To that, I reply "Yes, it IS fair". Or would you try and tell me that none of us is responsible for his or her actions? You and I, the American people, voted for those who ran our economy off a cliff, and therefore, we are ALL responsible. The time for blaming the politicians is long past. We voted for them. Now we must accept the consequences, as a people, for our own actions.

    To the rich - You are disgusting, and you make me want to puke. Stop your God damn whining, and suck it up. YOU voted for what happened.

    To the middle class - You too. YOU voted for what happened, so man up, and take what's coming, ya' damn crybabies.

    To the poor - YOU voted for it too. Suck it up. It is time to pay for what you voted for. Quit your damn sniveling.

    To ALL of you - Did you really think for a second that we could support spending our nation into the poor house without there being consequences? Well, the consequences have now come home to roost. Quit being a bunch of damn crybabies, and start taking a little responsibility for what YOU did to our country.

    And now, once again, since I have now pissed off just about everybody, it is flameproof suit time for me.
    Not once do you mention to reduce spending. Even the debt commission recommended a formula that was 3:1 spending cuts to tax increases. The American people will not, and should not, absorb tax increases while we have a Democrat congress and assclown in the WH that have been the most fiscally irresponsible in the history of the Republic.

  6. #36
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,796

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    You know, the Republicans are in the wrong here, and so are the Democrats. I am going to take an extremely unpopular position, but at least it will be an honest one.

    The budget needs to be balanced. That means no tax cuts for the wealthy, no tax cuts for the middle class, and no tax cuts for the poor. No tax cuts at all, but a tax increase instead. We are not going to be able to spend our way out of this one, and although spending decreases will help, it won't be enough. We will also have to raise taxes, if we are going to have any hope of balancing the budget, and once again living within our means. To do otherwise is going to be economic suicide.

    But some of you will exclaim "What an order. This isn't fair". To that, I reply "Yes, it IS fair". Or would you try and tell me that none of us is responsible for his or her actions? You and I, the American people, voted for those who ran our economy off a cliff, and therefore, we are ALL responsible. The time for blaming the politicians is long past. We voted for them. Now we must accept the consequences, as a people, for our own actions.

    To the rich - You are disgusting, and you make me want to puke. Stop your God damn whining, and suck it up. YOU voted for what happened.

    To the middle class - You too. YOU voted for what happened, so man up, and take what's coming, ya' damn crybabies.

    To the poor - YOU voted for it too. Suck it up. It is time to pay for what you voted for. Quit your damn sniveling.

    To ALL of you - Did you really think for a second that we could support spending our nation into the poor house without there being consequences? Well, the consequences have now come home to roost. Quit being a bunch of damn crybabies, and start taking a little responsibility for what YOU did to our country.

    And now, once again, since I have now pissed off just about everybody, it is flameproof suit time for me.
    everyone should pay the same rate then. the middle class has far more votes and uses far more resources than the rich so they ought to pay the same rate. everyone ought to pay 20% tax rate. The rich will still pay far far more than their share and the poor will still pay far far less

    but you have to prove tax hikes will mean more revenue

    I doubt you can prove that



  7. #37
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,796

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    You told me you're a civil trial lawyer or is that not your career de jour today?

    I run two businesses. I'm a capitalist but no overpaid.
    in other words you aren't very successful



  8. #38
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,796

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Z3n View Post
    I support progressive income taxation.
    why? it is unfair and allows the dems to buy the votes of people like you



  9. #39
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,029

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    in other words you aren't very successful
    What ever makes you feel superior, but I do just fine and I sleep just fine at night.

  10. #40
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,796

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    What ever makes you feel superior, but I do just fine and I sleep just fine at night.
    you libs confuse being economically successful with superiority. I am economically superior to you but I never claim that makes me a better person. But I tire of the envy that permeates much of the raise the taxes crowd



Page 4 of 94 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •