Page 25 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 250 of 931

Thread: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

  1. #241
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Cole View Post
    The "Bush tax cuts" went into place eight years ago. Unemployment rates were relatively low until 2009.

    What exactly are you talking about....??


    .
    Proving a point

  2. #242
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    again conservative, texas has unemployment....WHERE ARE THE JOBS YOU PROMISED?? you have been hell bent on cutting off unemployment benefits, calling everyone receiving them lazy and no good, but yet, your chosen method of creating jobs, TAX CUTS, isnt working, but yet again, these people on unemployment are all just lazy no good slobs...yet, their are no jobs for them....where are the jobs conservative? RESULTS MATTER.
    I didn't promise any jobs and anyone that promises a job to the ignorant is foolish. How long do you think the unemployed ought to get benefits, it is two years now. Doesn't look to me like you have a clue. Guess growing up someone always GAVE you something so now you expect that to continue. Where does personal responsibliity rest in your world?

    TX has unemployment yet thousands are flocking to this state. Over half the jobs created in the last two years have been created in TX.

  3. #243
    pawn in the game of life
    pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,984

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    Proving a point
    Then you need to explain your point a little better. Because you are making no sense....


    .


    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

  4. #244
    Sage
    Guy Incognito's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 07:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    11,216

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Aw, quit whining and take care of yourself. You can always find mistakes in U.S. history but we have the best economy in the world. If you aren't successful in it, you only have yourself to blame.
    This is the kind of mental laziness I take exception to. Apparently you haven't imagination sufficient to understand the vast interconnectedness of the government and the economy. If you don't think that things like Jim Crow were immoral, then I'm not going to waste my time talking to you. And if you don't think that the immoral policies of the government, many of which (like the prohibition against gay marriage) are still in effect today, then you have your head in the sand. And if you think that a government set up to benefit the rich in the same way a casino always favors the house is "fair," then you're a hypocrite of the first order and have no right to whine about taxes being "unfair."

  5. #245
    pawn in the game of life
    pragmatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    10-17-17 @ 05:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    1,984

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    again conservative, texas has unemployment....WHERE ARE THE JOBS YOU PROMISED?? you have been hell bent on cutting off unemployment benefits, calling everyone receiving them lazy and no good, but yet, your chosen method of creating jobs, TAX CUTS, isnt working, but yet again, these people on unemployment are all just lazy no good slobs...yet, their are no jobs for them....where are the jobs conservative? RESULTS MATTER.
    No one is hell bent on cutting off unemployment benefits. The topic at hand is how long can someone continue to collect them. Currently the limit is 2 years. (which strikes me as a little excessive)

    How long do you think the benefits should be provided? 3 years? 5 years? And where should the money come to pay for them.....???


    .


    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

  6. #246
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    This is the kind of mental laziness I take exception to. Apparently you haven't imagination sufficient to understand the vast interconnectedness of the government and the economy. If you don't think that things like Jim Crow were immoral, then I'm not going to waste my time talking to you. And if you don't think that the immoral policies of the government, many of which (like the prohibition against gay marriage) are still in effect today, then you have your head in the sand. And if you think that a government set up to benefit the rich in the same way a casino always favors the house is "fair," then you're a hypocrite of the first order and have no right to whine about taxes being "unfair."
    Stop with the intellectual psychobabble. If you put more effort into taking on personal responsibility and bettering yourself what someone else makes or how they make it wouldn't concern you so much. Now what does any of this have to do with the thread topic? If you think you can make a poor person better off by taking from someone else you live in the wrong country.

  7. #247
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I didn't promise any jobs and anyone that promises a job to the ignorant is foolish. How long do you think the unemployed ought to get benefits, it is two years now. Doesn't look to me like you have a clue. Guess growing up someone always GAVE you something so now you expect that to continue. Where does personal responsibliity rest in your world?

    TX has unemployment yet thousands are flocking to this state. Over half the jobs created in the last two years have been created in TX.
    you want to cut benefits off to these people, but yet, their are no jobs for them..what the hell are they supposed to do conservative? listen up conservative...NOT EVERYONE HAS THE MEANS TO UP AND MOVE TO YOUR BELOVED STATE OF TEXAS, OR TO ANOTHER AREA TO LOOK FOR A JOB... you have stated repeatedly that tax cuts create jobs, again, i ask you WHERE THE HELL ARE THE JOBS? You speak of 'personal responsibility' like you have a trademark on it...i know several 'responsible' people conservative, who are out of work,(and as hard as this may be for you to believe, several are conservative) and who are on the phone , looking through the help wanted ads, doing everything in their power to find work...they know the unemployment benefits won't last forever, THEY DON'T WANT TO BE ON UNEMPLOYMENT FOREVER...as for the rest of your condescending post, screw you...i've earned what i have, but i understand life is not perfect, and that good people suffer hard times, and sometimes need a helping hand. again conservative, where are the jobs?

  8. #248
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,258

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    you want to cut benefits off to these people, but yet, their are no jobs for them..what the hell are they supposed to do conservative? listen up conservative...NOT EVERYONE HAS THE MEANS TO UP AND MOVE TO YOUR BELOVED STATE OF TEXAS, OR TO ANOTHER AREA TO LOOK FOR A JOB... you have stated repeatedly that tax cuts create jobs, again, i ask you WHERE THE HELL ARE THE JOBS? You speak of 'personal responsibility' like you have a trademark on it...i know several 'responsible' people conservative, who are out of work,(and as hard as this may be for you to believe, several are conservative) and who are on the phone , looking through the help wanted ads, doing everything in their power to find work...they know the unemployment benefits won't last forever, THEY DON'T WANT TO BE ON UNEMPLOYMENT FOREVER...as for the rest of your condescending post, screw you...i've earned what i have, but i understand life is not perfect, and that good people suffer hard times, and sometimes need a helping hand. again conservative, where are the jobs?
    I don't see an answer to the question, how long should someone be colecting unemployment benefits for right now it is two years? Are you ever going to start thinking for a change?

    Everyone does have the means to do whatever they want. People from Detroit just moved to TX after the husband spent weeks upon weeks here working and driving back and forth to Detroit. He found a job and now has brought the family to TX. It only takes initiative which apparently many don't have.

    Sorry your state got so screwed up but you only have your govt. to blame along with the unions and that is a shame as I love Ohio. Texas is a right to work state, low taxes and low unions. Seems to be working.

  9. #249
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I don't see an answer to the question, how long should someone be colecting unemployment benefits for right now it is two years? Are you ever going to start thinking for a change?

    Everyone does have the means to do whatever they want. People from Detroit just moved to TX after the husband spent weeks upon weeks here working and driving back and forth to Detroit. He found a job and now has brought the family to TX. It only takes initiative which apparently many don't have.

    Sorry your state got so screwed up but you only have your govt. to blame along with the unions and that is a shame as I love Ohio. Texas is a right to work state, low taxes and low unions. Seems to be working.
    last time i checked brainiac, 'initiative' aint paying the bills...jobs do that...so again, where are the jobs conservative? the rich got a tax cut, where are the jobs?

  10. #250
    I invented Human Nature
    Z3n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    05-13-12 @ 06:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,251

    Re: House Passes Middle-Class Tax Cut as Dems, GOP Try to Reach Compromise

    All 'right to work' state means is that you have a right to work for a bad wage and in bad conditions. Its a euphemism really
    Don't tread on me= Don't tread on my corporate masters

Page 25 of 94 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •