Doesn't look like you understand the tax structure of this country and the difference between use taxes and Federal Income taxes. Please tell me what sales taxes, gasoline taxes, and FICA taxes fund and thus their relationship to Federal Income Taxes.upsideguy;1059138574]So what? That does not mean the are not taxpayers. Virtually everyone is taxed and pays some form of tax. The 47% of the people you cite pay a much higher percentage of their incomes on sales tax, gasoline tax and FICA that the other 53%, giving them the right to bitch and moan that the 53% have it easy.
I love people who divert from the thread topic in hopes of making some kind of points. At debate here are the extension of the Bush tax cuts and that has nothing to do with the other taxes you mentioned. How can you say it is a myth that some people pay over 50% of their income in taxes. You need to get out more and do some research. What you don't seem to understand is that income taxes are taxes on what you make and use taxes are taxes upon what you use. If you don't drive a car, you don't pay gasolline taxes, if you don't own a home, you don't pay property taxes, if you don't buy anything you don't pay sales taxes but if you earn income you are to pay income taxes yet 47% don't. Get it yet?I love these people that cite that so much of the population pays no tax, yet they are so quick to add up all of the taxes and tell you they are paying more then half their income in tax (which is a complete myth, but that is another discussion). Let's be intellectually honest here... either income tax is just a particular form of tax, in which case no one is exempt of taxation; or income tax is the only tax.... in which case, its hard to complain about taxes as it rare that one pays more that 25% of his income in income tax.
Stop with your class envy. Everyone has a tax burden.
No, everyone doesn't have an income tax burden and since income taxes fund the govt. 47% aren't paying any share of that responsibility. I am for extention of all the Bush tax cuts thus have no class envy. I am part of an ideology that doesn't really care how much money YOU make. Only liberals care what someone else makes yet it does seem that liberals want do define fair by creating their own definition.