Page 40 of 61 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 609

Thread: Republicans block child nutrition bill

  1. #391
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: Republicans block child nutrition bill

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    if all parents were responsible to do this then there would be no problem to address

    it is the children who are having to deal with the hunger and society deals with the negative effects of their malnutrition (poor academic achievement, health issues down stream)
    This is a democracy, if people choose to get fat.. that's their decision and the government should mind his own business. God and everybody knows that they have bigger fish to fry. Put people back to work and quit enforcing policies that cost money and never accomplish anything.
    Catch me if you can.

  2. #392
    Teacher of All Things


    Josie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    28,360

    Re: Republicans block child nutrition bill

    To those for this program....

    Do you honestly think people that love eating cheeseburgers and fries are going to magically stop eating that and start eating healthy? Do you really think they're going to feed their kids any differently? People KNOW what is healthy and what isn't. It's common sense. They CHOOSE to eat what they want.

    You're not going to change the minds of people who LIKE eating unhealthy unless you somehow FORCE them to eat healthy which, of course, is completely anti-freedom. Surely that's not what you're implying....?


  3. #393
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,165

    Re: Republicans block child nutrition bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    This is a democracy, if people choose to get fat.. that's their decision and the government should mind his own business. God and everybody knows that they have bigger fish to fry. Put people back to work and quit enforcing policies that cost money and never accomplish anything.
    i agree, once folks reach the age of emancipation, then let them do to themselves whatever they want, as that is their right

    but the state has sound reason to try to expose our kids to good eating habits. we see a disproportionate amount of disease in the poor community. much of that is caused by poor eating habits learned from parents with poor eating habits. that will be a health issue, the expense of which we will all incur
    this is an attempt to break the cycle
    kids who are raised on healthy diets acquire a taste for healthy foods
    in my era there were soda machines in elementary school (6 cents a pop) and cigarette machines in the high school quad. would not surprise me if that contributed to our generation's inclination to drink lots of soda and smoke too many fags

    now, color me dubious with regard to whether this bill is sound in all respects. i am guessing it has more than a little bloat and misdirection
    but the intent, to develop a healthy society by exposing students to good foods, is a sound one
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  4. #394
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: Republicans block child nutrition bill

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i agree, once folks reach the age of emancipation, then let them do to themselves whatever they want, as that is their right

    but the state has sound reason to try to expose our kids to good eating habits. we see a disproportionate amount of disease in the poor community. much of that is caused by poor eating habits learned from parents with poor eating habits. that will be a health issue, the expense of which we will all incur
    this is an attempt to break the cycle
    kids who are raised on healthy diets acquire a taste for healthy foods
    in my era there were soda machines in elementary school (6 cents a pop) and cigarette machines in the high school quad. would not surprise me if that contributed to our generation's inclination to drink lots of soda and smoke too many fags

    now, color me dubious with regard to whether this bill is sound in all respects. i am guessing it has more than a little bloat and misdirection
    but the intent, to develop a healthy society by exposing students to good foods, is a sound one
    Why can the government create a program without costing the taxpayer money??? It again shows that the government is nothing but a consumer and never creates a program without involving money and Obama has spent it all already. Obama's policies cost money and don't solve anything.
    Catch me if you can.

  5. #395
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Republicans block child nutrition bill

    So really the only answer I have been getting and EVEN FROM A TEACHER (shame on you) is **** THEM THAT'S WHY!
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

  6. #396
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: Republicans block child nutrition bill

    Quote Originally Posted by JohnWOlin View Post
    So really the only answer I have been getting and EVEN FROM A TEACHER (shame on you) is **** THEM THAT'S WHY!
    Let the government come up with an idea that won't cost us anything. Our government can't because they don't know how, a perfect example is our present economical situation and that's because the government again spent money to fix a problem that hasn't been fixed. We need a new president with brains and the right policies.
    Catch me if you can.

  7. #397
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: Republicans block child nutrition bill

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    i agree, once folks reach the age of emancipation, then let them do to themselves whatever they want, as that is their right

    but the state has sound reason to try to expose our kids to good eating habits. we see a disproportionate amount of disease in the poor community. much of that is caused by poor eating habits learned from parents with poor eating habits. that will be a health issue, the expense of which we will all incur
    this is an attempt to break the cycle
    kids who are raised on healthy diets acquire a taste for healthy foods
    in my era there were soda machines in elementary school (6 cents a pop) and cigarette machines in the high school quad. would not surprise me if that contributed to our generation's inclination to drink lots of soda and smoke too many fags

    now, color me dubious with regard to whether this bill is sound in all respects. i am guessing it has more than a little bloat and misdirection
    but the intent, to develop a healthy society by exposing students to good foods, is a sound one
    Students and young people are aware of what good foods are and are exposed to them but it's up to them to eat them and you can't force anybody to eat them, why?? because this is the USA and not Russia nor Nazi Germany.
    Catch me if you can.

  8. #398
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,165

    Re: Republicans block child nutrition bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    Students and young people are aware of what good foods are and are exposed to them but it's up to them to eat them and you can't force anybody to eat them, why?? because this is the USA and not Russia nor Nazi Germany.
    if their parents buy and eat bad food in the home, and the kids have grown up with that poor diet, why would you insist they know which foods are healthiest for them
    public schools should be able to expose the students to nutritious foods instead of the less healthy processed foods that have become typical fare
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  9. #399
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: Republicans block child nutrition bill

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    if their parents buy and eat bad food in the home, and the kids have grown up with that poor diet, why would you insist they know which foods are healthiest for them
    public schools should be able to expose the students to nutritious foods instead of the less healthy processed foods that have become typical fare
    Nobody is going to force people what to eat and we live in the 21st century where everybody is aware of which healthy foods are good for you, we don't live in the stone age.
    Catch me if you can.

  10. #400
    Guru
    JohnWOlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Last Seen
    01-17-17 @ 08:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    3,594

    Re: Republicans block child nutrition bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    Nobody is going to force people what to eat and we live in the 21st century where everybody is aware of which healthy foods are good for you, we don't live in the stone age.
    lol that's why parents are feeding their kids ramen and fruit roll ups then right?
    "We’re going to close the unproductive tax loopholes that allow some of the truly wealthy to avoid paying their fair share. In theory, some of those loopholes were understandable, but in practice they sometimes made it possible for millionaires to pay nothing, while a bus driver was paying ten percent of his salary, and that’s crazy." -Reagan

Page 40 of 61 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •