Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 609

Thread: Republicans block child nutrition bill

  1. #111
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Republicans block child nutrition bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    And when you pay, that adds to your cost. Right?
    Maybe a little, but on those occasions that we pay, we don't have to prepare the food at home, so we save there. Your point?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #112
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Republicans block child nutrition bill

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Maybe a little, but on those occasions that we pay, we don't have to prepare the food at home, so we save there. Your point?

    j-mac
    The point is an easy one. People on food stamps have to either brown bag, or come up with money for the hot meal. If they're on food stamps, they are unlikely to able to spring the the cost of the hot meal.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #113
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Republicans block child nutrition bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    The point is an easy one. People on food stamps have to either brown bag, or come up with money for the hot meal. If they're on food stamps, they are unlikely to able to spring the the cost of the hot meal.

    Not true. Those on food stamps likely qualify for free lunches.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  4. #114
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Republicans block child nutrition bill

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Not true. Those on food stamps likely qualify for free lunches.

    j-mac

    those on food stamps already qualifiy for free lunches. why expand the program to include yet more people?
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  5. #115
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Republicans block child nutrition bill

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Not true. Those on food stamps likely qualify for free lunches.

    j-mac
    Exactly. Which is what started this. The claim that they shouldn't have free lunches because they got food stamps. That we were paying twice.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #116
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Republicans block child nutrition bill

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    those on food stamps already qualifiy for free lunches. why expand the program to include yet more people?
    Because maybe more people could use the help. Even if it is the parents fault, there are places where kids are not being fed well. We can ignore that. That's a perfectly fine option. Or we can help, which is also a perfectly fine option IMHO.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #117
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Republicans block child nutrition bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Because maybe more people could use the help. Even if it is the parents fault, there are places where kids are not being fed well. We can ignore that. That's a perfectly fine option. Or we can help, which is also a perfectly fine option IMHO.
    and we slowly and surely approach the liberal's wet dream. an ever shrinking pool of evil rich bastards paying outrageously high taxes to support an ever growing pool of people who need help.

    I just hope I die before we reach the tipping point where there are more people sucking on the govt tit, than there is tit to suck.
    Last edited by OscarB63; 12-02-10 at 04:20 PM.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  8. #118
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: Republicans block child nutrition bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Because maybe more people could use the help. Even if it is the parents fault, there are places where kids are not being fed well. We can ignore that. That's a perfectly fine option. Or we can help, which is also a perfectly fine option IMHO.

    You really don't help by making more people dependent on the government.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #119
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Republicans block child nutrition bill

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    and we slowly and surely approach the liberal's wet dream. an ever shrinking pool of evil rich bastards paying outrageously high taxes to support and ever growing pool of people who need help.

    I just hope I die before we reach the tipping point where there are more people sucking on the govt tit, than there is tit to suck.
    I don't really know how to respond to that nonsense. I really don't. It is not such a bad thing to help were we can. And government is a perfectly legitimate tool to use to that. It is a far better use of the tax dollar than helping corroprations or fighting needless wars IMHO.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #120
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Republicans block child nutrition bill

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    You really don't help by making more people dependent on the government.


    j-mac
    Didn't say anything about making them dependent. I said something about giving some kids a regular meal.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 12 of 61 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •