Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast
Results 301 to 310 of 339

Thread: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

  1. #301
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No it isn't and no you wouldn't.
    Okay, then I think your opinion about PTIF219 opinion being worthless is worthless.

  2. #302
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,604

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Okay, then I think your opinion about PTIF219 opinion being worthless is worthless.
    And that's your right. See? Perfectly appropriate.

    Of course, my opinion of your opinion of my opinion of ptif219's opinion is that it's worthless.
    Last edited by CaptainCourtesy; 12-02-10 at 03:48 AM.
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  3. #303
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    I suspected as much, so here's my question, do you include your own opinion in your assessment at all opinions are worthless or is it only those opinions that disagree with yours? To be honest, CC (can I call you that?), I did think telling ptif219 that his opinion is worthless was kinda crappy (and not very courteous at all).

  4. #304
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,604

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    I suspected as much, so here's my question, do you include your own opinion in your assessment at all opinions are worthless or is it only those opinions that disagree with yours? To be honest, CC (can I call you that?), I did think telling ptif219 that his opinion is worthless was kinda crappy (and not very courteous at all).
    An opinion presented as fact is worthless, to me. That's what ptif did.

    As far as opinions go, their worthiness, to me, is based on their ability to be supported and how they are presented.

    But enough about me. Who, may I ask, are you?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  5. #305
    Dungeon Master
    anti socialist

    X Factor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Texas Proud
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 04:24 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    44,721

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    An opinion presented as fact is worthless, to me. That's what ptif did.

    As far as opinions go, their worthiness, to me, is based on their ability to be supported and how they are presented.
    Which, of course, would be a matter of opinion. Think back, do you find that opinions that happen to agree with yours are the ones that more readily meet your standards for "worthiness"?

    But enough about me. Who, may I ask, are you?
    Only your worst nightmare. Just kidding. Is there something specific you want to know?

  6. #306
    Global Moderator
    I'm a Jedi Master, Yo

    CaptainCourtesy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    152,604

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by X Factor View Post
    Which, of course, would be a matter of opinion. Think back, do you find that opinions that happen to agree with yours are the ones that more readily meet your standards for "worthiness"?
    No. Those that have some factual basis, whether I agree with them or not have more worthiness, to me.

    Only your worst nightmare. Just kidding. Is there something specific you want to know?
    No, my worst nightmare is an old person driving in front of me.

    Nothing in particular. Where do you stand on the issue being discussed in this thread?
    "Never fear. Him is here" - Captain Chaos (Dom DeLuise), Cannonball Run

    ====||:-D

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    This is what I hate about politics the most, it turns people in snobbish egotistical self righteous dicks who allow their political beliefs, partisan attitudes, and 'us vs. them' mentality, to force them to deny reality.

    Quote Originally Posted by Navy Pride View Post
    You can't paint everone with the same brush.......It does not work tht way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Wessexman View Post
    See with you around Captain we don't even have to make arguments, as you already know everything .
    Quote Originally Posted by CriticalThought View Post
    Had you been born elsewhere or at a different time you may very well have chosen a different belief system.
    Quote Originally Posted by ernst barkmann View Post
    It a person has faith they dont need to convince another of it, and when a non believer is not interested in listening to the word of the lord, " you shake the dust from your sandels and move on"

  7. #307
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    GA
    Last Seen
    12-12-10 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    258

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by Your Star View Post
    Well there is also "very conservative" people doing the same thing now

    Besides I was 15 in 05, and actually thought I would be a conservative when I started to vote, then I started paying attention to things
    It took me a while to grow up and realize that liberalism is a pipe dream that in reality never works.
    Last edited by Heavy Duty; 12-02-10 at 07:18 AM.

  8. #308
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Duty View Post
    It took me a while to grow up and realize that liberalism is a pipe dream that in reality never works.
    No, conservatives don't grow up they just go senile there is a difference. Most conservatives are liberals that have just grown too old, lost their mind, and have difficulty forming logic. It happens, no worries.

    As for the DADT, hopefully this is repealed rather quickly given the Pentagon's facts and studies.

  9. #309
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 07:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,237

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCourtesy View Post
    No. Those that have some factual basis, whether I agree with them or not have more worthiness, to me.



    No, my worst nightmare is an old person driving in front of me.

    Nothing in particular. Where do you stand on the issue being discussed in this thread?
    Mine would be being that old person.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  10. #310
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,356

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Duty View Post
    It took me a while to grow up and realize that liberalism is a pipe dream that in reality never works.
    More like when society evolves as the next generation takes over, and they make the changes that they deem necessary they want to keep the world how it is, how they envisioned the future of society. Also older people are less accepting to new ideas, so trying to start change with an older generation is never successful. Trust me, conservative values in 30 years are going to look like liberal values today. Just wait until we are talking about HRM.(Human Robot Marriage )

Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •