Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 339

Thread: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    GA
    Last Seen
    12-12-10 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    258

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Added troubgle? Like what?
    Like straight soldiers not wanting to shower with gay soldiers. There are few shower stalls in the barracks. Usually one big open room with shower ports. In the field, you drop your draws and wash in the open. Line units carrying live ammo are the last people you want to get into it over a straight soldier thinking or actually happening, that a gay soldier was looking at them in a sexual manner. Next thing you know you have a murder in a unit. That does no one any good straight or gay.

  2. #22
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Duty View Post
    Like straight soldiers not wanting to shower with gay soldiers. There are few shower stalls in the barracks. Usually one big open room with shower ports. In the field, you drop your draws and wash in the open. Line units carrying live ammo are the last people you want to get into it over a straight soldier thinking or actually happening, that a gay soldier was looking at them in a sexual manner. Next thing you know you have a murder in a unit. That does no one any good straight or gay.
    Which they are doing right now. This should in no way be a problem for adults. And there is no reason for anyone to look at anyone in a sexual manner (whatever that means). And if they couldn't control that, they would be having the same problem today. They don't.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  3. #23
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,295
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Duty View Post
    Like straight soldiers not wanting to shower with gay soldiers. There are few shower stalls in the barracks. Usually one big open room with shower ports. In the field, you drop your draws and wash in the open. Line units carrying live ammo are the last people you want to get into it over a straight soldier thinking or actually happening, that a gay soldier was looking at them in a sexual manner. Next thing you know you have a murder in a unit. That does no one any good straight or gay.
    I thought Liberals were the kings of the "What If's".

    What if Godzilla attacked?

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    GA
    Last Seen
    12-12-10 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    258

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by Guy Incognito View Post
    No study was necessary in the first place. I think it is kind of sick that people would support bigotry in the name of "military effectiveness." The same sort of argument was used when the military was segregated by Jim Crow laws, and it is just as morally invalid then as it is now.

    I agree with some of the above posts that it is shameful that the military is being used as a political football. Shame on the Republicans for playing politics with our troops.
    The same shame the left showed when they used the political statement " I support the troops but not their mission" BS?

    The idiots whom used this have no clue that not supporting their mission is basely saying I hope you get killed when trying to accomplish your mission because I disagree with it and dont support it.
    Last edited by Heavy Duty; 12-01-10 at 12:08 PM.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    GA
    Last Seen
    12-12-10 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    258

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    I thought Liberals were the kings of the "What If's".

    What if Godzilla attacked?
    I see you have never served in a line unit because of your ignorance of the truth of the matter of what I speak.

  6. #26
    Noblesse oblige
    Ockham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    New Jersey
    Last Seen
    01-27-17 @ 07:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    23,909
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    I thought Liberals were the kings of the "What If's".

    What if Godzilla attacked?
    Apparently, you're thinking is incorrect. Do you have some evidence supporting "I thought Liberals were the kind of "What If's"?" because you keep using that phrase... so only Liberals can cite a what if scenario and it's written somewhere Liberals alone have that ability and it's off limits to everyone else.
    “I think if Thomas Jefferson were looking down, the author of the Bill of Rights, on what’s being proposed here, he’d agree with it. He would agree that the First Amendment cannot be absolute.” - Chuck Schumer (D). Yet, Madison and Mason wrote the Bill of Rights, according to Sheila Jackson Lee, 400 years ago. Yup, it's a fact.


  7. #27
    Guru
    BWG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    South Coast
    Last Seen
    12-04-17 @ 11:59 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman
    To be fair dude, it was Bill Clintons baby
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimjack19
    Clinton actually wanted to let gays serve openly, DADT was a compromise forced on him by Congress. And he has since supported the repeal of the policy.
    Clinton instituted DADT in response to law passed by Congress in 1993.

    It was in the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1994.

    SEC. 571. POLICY CONCERNING HOMOSEXUALITY IN THE ARMED FORCES.
    “We just simply don’t know how to govern” - Rep. Steve Womack (R-AR) a member of the House Budget Committee

  8. #28
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by Ockham View Post
    Apparently, you're thinking is incorrect. Do you have some evidence supporting "I thought Liberals were the kind of "What If's"?" because you keep using that phrase... so only Liberals can cite a what if scenario and it's written somewhere Liberals alone have that ability and it's off limits to everyone else.
    The point was likley that anyone can present a wild what if, but that doesn't mean such a problem will be real or wide spread. What ifs can be debilitating. We have to deal more with things much more substancial.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #29
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy22 View Post
    I really don't know what the President can do aside from trying to get them to vote on it now. Which of course they won't do. It looks like if the President wants something done he will need to sign an executive order.



    Ain't going to happen...
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  10. #30
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:02 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,316
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Duty View Post
    Like straight soldiers not wanting to shower with gay soldiers. There are few shower stalls in the barracks. Usually one big open room with shower ports. In the field, you drop your draws and wash in the open. Line units carrying live ammo are the last people you want to get into it over a straight soldier thinking or actually happening, that a gay soldier was looking at them in a sexual manner. Next thing you know you have a murder in a unit. That does no one any good straight or gay.
    The thing is, this is really a nonissue. In point of fact, most in the military have showered with gays already, it's not going to be something new. I doubt very much that most barracks have open bay showers...hell, we had shower stalls onboard ship. It's a mindless emotional reaction that will be quickly overcome. It's no big deal.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •