Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 339

Thread: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    You cannot make the claim that gays are demanding special privileges and then not outline what those privileges are. The foundation of your argument is ridiculous.

    Let me put it like this, dude: you're not that sexy.
    I did not say they are I said there will be more after DADT is gone just like civil unions is not acceptable to the gay community

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I have never been around a gay who wanted to discuss intimate details of their sex life. I don't see why they should have to lie about who they are dating/living with/whatever. Bring their "friend" to the company bar-b-q. they are not any more likely to start making out publically than a hetero couple.


    I just don't get all the fear.
    I've worked with a lot of gay women over the years, in many different capacities. None have ever hit on me. I think it's that whole, "Don't play where you get paid" philosophy. The vast majority of people don't want to date the people they work with. Why would they?

  3. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    I did not say they are I said there will be more after DADT is gone just like civil unions is not acceptable to the gay community
    You can't claim that they have all kinds of demands, then waffle. Your position is illogical and you are relying on the slippery slope fallacy to support it. Logic fail.

  4. #154
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So having the same marriage as any one else is a special privilege now? Is gays being allowed to own property a special privilege too?
    Depend on your view. Is marriage a civil or religious ceramony? I got married by a notary but she still used Bible verses

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Depend on your view. Is marriage a civil or religious ceramony? I got married by a notary but she still used Bible verses
    If you're married by a notary, it's a civil ceremony.

  6. #156
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-16-17 @ 11:47 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,073

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I have never been around a gay who wanted to discuss intimate details of their sex life. I don't see why they should have to lie about who they are dating/living with/whatever. Bring their "friend" to the company bar-b-q. they are not any more likely to start making out publically than a hetero couple.


    I just don't get all the fear.
    It's not a big deal to me. I'm for what the troops are for. I didn't serve, so I don't think I have a right to make that decision for them.

  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by roguenuke View Post
    Yes I can say that. I have already stated where I have experienced working with gay guys and gay women. Guess what? None of the open lesbians in my department ever came onto me, or any of the other girls in my department. None of the openly gay men in my department ever got reported or beat up for hitting on any of the straight guys in the department. In fact, during my entire time on the ship, no gay person ever went up on charges for sexual harassment, and we had CO mast results in the Plan of the Day, every day after a CO's mast.

    Will there be some instances of gay guys hitting on straight guys? Most likely. Will it be every openly gay guy? I feel very confident in stating absolutely no. Because I know what my experiences were with openly gay personnel.

    They want the same privileges that straight personnel are given. Being able to take their significant other to a military function and actually be able to proudly claim that person, whether others approve of the relationship or not. Being able to post pics and/or personnal info, that in no way harms the military, up on social networking sites without worrying that such things will get them discharged. Being able to make a commitment to a person they love in a ceremony that they don't have to hide, and share that with others they work with, without fearing being discharged. These are all things that straight people can do, two of these three are even highly encouraged, while gays would get kicked out for doing.
    So now you are saying because the few gays you know act a certain way all gays will act that way. You are sterotyping them and I find that not credibile

  8. #158
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    So now you are saying because the few gays you know act a certain way all gays will act that way. You are sterotyping them and I find that not credibile
    But when you stereotype gays/lesbians as horny idiots who can't keep their pants on while under fire, it's fine.

  9. #159
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:06 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,357
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Depend on your view. Is marriage a civil or religious ceramony? I got married by a notary but she still used Bible verses
    Again does not address what I said in any way, shape, or form.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #160
    Global Moderator
    Rage More!
    Your Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    26,362

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    It's not a big deal to me. I'm for what the troops are for. I didn't serve, so I don't think I have a right to make that decision for them.
    And the troops are for repeal.

Page 16 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •