Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 339

Thread: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    And apparently horses too
    Where is the ASPCA when we need them?

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Will not know till that happens. Civil unions is not good enough. Had to have hate crime laws. Who know what is next since they think they have the right to expose themselves in parades
    You cannot make the claim that gays are demanding special privileges and then not outline what those privileges are. The foundation of your argument is ridiculous.

    Let me put it like this, dude: you're not that sexy.

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    dude, ALL women see me as a sexual object. That is just how awesome I am. I even make straight guys hot.
    Yeah right I would not want you next to me in a combat situation either

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Yeah right I would not want you next to me in a combat situation either
    Have you actually been in a combat situation or are you just theorizing from your armchair?

  5. #135
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Will not know till that happens. Civil unions is not good enough. Had to have hate crime laws. Who know what is next since they think they have the right to expose themselves in parades
    So having the same marriage as any one else is a special privilege now? Is gays being allowed to own property a special privilege too?
    Last edited by Redress; 12-01-10 at 06:01 PM.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  6. #136
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:58 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,750

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    So having the same marriage as any one else is a special privilege now? Is gays being allowed to won property a special privilege too?


    Won?


    yeah that's special cause you dun winned it.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #137
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Moderator's Warning:
    Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt militaryPersonal comments about other members need to not happen. Thank you.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I worked in a police unit doing highly hazardous work. I'm pretty clear on the trust factor. You seem not to comprehend that female posters also have experience with this sort of thing...from both ends (being hit on and also working with the opposite gender).

    The average person in this scenario is going to have a family-type relationship that transcends physical attraction. It comes with the territory.
    Then why do they think they need to flaunt what they do in the bedroom?

  9. #139
    Sage
    roguenuke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Raleigh, NC
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    29,054

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    You can say they will not do this? You must be a mind reader. They want special privileges and want the military rules changed. How does DADT stop them from performing their military duties?
    Yes I can say that. I have already stated where I have experienced working with gay guys and gay women. Guess what? None of the open lesbians in my department ever came onto me, or any of the other girls in my department. None of the openly gay men in my department ever got reported or beat up for hitting on any of the straight guys in the department. In fact, during my entire time on the ship, no gay person ever went up on charges for sexual harassment, and we had CO mast results in the Plan of the Day, every day after a CO's mast.

    Will there be some instances of gay guys hitting on straight guys? Most likely. Will it be every openly gay guy? I feel very confident in stating absolutely no. Because I know what my experiences were with openly gay personnel.

    They want the same privileges that straight personnel are given. Being able to take their significant other to a military function and actually be able to proudly claim that person, whether others approve of the relationship or not. Being able to post pics and/or personnal info, that in no way harms the military, up on social networking sites without worrying that such things will get them discharged. Being able to make a commitment to a person they love in a ceremony that they don't have to hide, and share that with others they work with, without fearing being discharged. These are all things that straight people can do, two of these three are even highly encouraged, while gays would get kicked out for doing.
    "A woman is like a teabag, you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water." - Eleanor Roosevelt

    Keep your religion out of other people's marriages.

  10. #140
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:01 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,361
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Pentagon: Letting openly gay troops serve won't hurt military

    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendHellh0und View Post
    Won?


    yeah that's special cause you dun winned it.
    Stupid spell checker not catching things...

    Fixed it.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •