Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast
Results 141 to 150 of 229

Thread: South celebrates Civil War, largely without slaves

  1. #141
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: South celebrates Civil War, largely without slaves

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I don't think so. I think he seriously believes we are holding the white man down.
    I like to hold mine down occasionally, that's for damn sure.

  2. #142
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: South celebrates Civil War, largely without slaves

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    I understand that North Dakota communities are giving away land for free to people who want to move up there. There are plenty of states in the U.S. with overwhelming majorities of whites. Vermont, ND, SD, Montana, Wyoming, Idaho...Relocate or stop bitching.
    Don't demean yourself.

  3. #143
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: South celebrates Civil War, largely without slaves

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    Don't demean yourself.
    Speak English and enunciate your points. It's not demeaning to point out that there are plenty of places in the U.S. where you can live where white folks still dominate things.

  4. #144
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: South celebrates Civil War, largely without slaves

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Columbus day
    Saint Patric's day
    President's day
    4th of July etc

    Are celebrations of white heritage. You on the other hand have to come to grips with realtiy about the mixed heratage of this country.

    PS Every white person in this country came from someplace else. Just like everyone else except the Native Americans.
    Native Americans were not native to America, BTW. They migrated here like everyone else. Humanity didn't start in America.

    Also, Columbus day is currently under PC attack (and is really about the accomplishments of Columbus). St. Patrick's Day isn't really a "white person" holiday as much as it is an excuse to drink. President's day is to honor all presidents, it's not really a white person holiday. 4th of July is celebration of independence, it's not White.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  5. #145
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,489

    Re: South celebrates Civil War, largely without slaves

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    "You on the other hand have to come to grips with realtiy about the mixed heratage of this country."

    Mixed heritage? Barack Obama is of a mixed heritage, but refused to recognize that he is mixed. He and his family self-identify as African Americans.

    My children are mixed race and able to live in both worlds seamlessly.
    I am French, Black, Spanish, X2 tribes of native American and some Irish. I like President Obama look like a black man, so that is what we are. That is how it works here. Unless you knew he was mixed it would make no difference, he would just be a black man.

    I suspect your children are not mixed with black?
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  6. #146
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: South celebrates Civil War, largely without slaves

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    No one including myself said they did?

    As in want slavery to return.

    Ignoring the main reason for the secession on the other hand is bogus as I have said.
    So you're confusing the two issues then. One one hand you say that those celebrating the secession are not celebrating slavery. On the other you're saying that they can't celebrate the secession without including the reason for the original secession. Which is absolutely incorrect. You obviously can celebrate or honor or promote the idea that States can secede from the Republic if they feel the Republic no longer serves their needs without bringing up that the last time it was done was done primarily for slavery concerns. It is, in fact, very simple to separate the two out.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #147
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: South celebrates Civil War, largely without slaves

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Speak English and enunciate your points. It's not demeaning to point out that there are plenty of places in the U.S. where you can live where white folks still dominate things.
    Catz, what don't you like about my English, and my enunciation?

  8. #148
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,489

    Re: South celebrates Civil War, largely without slaves

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Native Americans were not native to America, BTW. They migrated here like everyone else. Humanity didn't start in America.
    They were here hundreds to thousands of years before anyone else. What a senseless argument on your part.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Also, Columbus day is currently under PC attack (and is really about the accomplishments of Columbus).
    It's not under "PC" attack, it is under he did not discover America attack. Columbus and his three ships found what is now the Bahamas. Since he believed he was approaching India, he called the Islands he found "The Indies" and their inhabitants Indians. He then found Cuba and what (thanks to his error) are now called the West Indies. In later voyages he reached the mouth of the Orinoco River, in what is now called northern Venezuela, but still didn't realise that he was on the edge of a new continent.

    Of course, people had already been living in the Americas for hundreds, if not thousands of years before Columbus and his successors went there, so "discover" isn't exactly the road. However, they were certainly the first Europeans in that part of the world, unless you count the Nordic settlers who tried and failed to establish a colony in Greenland in the Middle Ages.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    St. Patrick's Day isn't really a "white person" holiday as much as it is an excuse to drink.
    So they found the black lost tribe of the Irish?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    President's day is to honor all presidents, it's not really a white person holiday. 4th of July is celebration of independence, it's not White.
    Wrong...

    Washington's Birthday is the official name designated to what many of us know as President's Day. During the month of February the birthday of two of our greatest President's takes place. Both George Washington who was born on Feb. 22nd and Abraham Lincoln born on Feb. 12th. - Presidents Day Federal Holiday

    Wait! The Thirteen colonies who were all white Europeans fought the English for Independence somehow is other than a "white" holiday?

    You need to get back on topic and stop attacking my posts just for some stupid vendetta, and making really lame arguments.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #149
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,489

    Re: South celebrates Civil War, largely without slaves

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    So you're confusing the two issues then. One one hand you say that those celebrating the secession are not celebrating slavery.
    They aren't, they are completely ignoring it. That is the problem. It is nothing to celebrate. You obviously are confused as I never said what you are spouting.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    On the other you're saying that they can't celebrate the secession without including the reason for the original secession. Which is absolutely incorrect. You obviously can celebrate or honor or promote the idea that States can secede from the Republic if they feel the Republic no longer serves their needs without bringing up that the last time it was done was done primarily for slavery concerns. It is, in fact, very simple to separate the two out.
    No you can't.

    Already have given my rebuttals to this. No need to go through it again.
    Last edited by Black Dog; 12-02-10 at 12:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  10. #150
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: South celebrates Civil War, largely without slaves

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    I am French, Black, Spanish, X2 tribes of native American and some Irish. I like President Obama look like a black man, so that is what we are. That is how it works here. Unless you knew he was mixed it would make no difference, he would just be a black man.

    I suspect your children are not mixed with black?
    Nope, not mixed with Black. Black America is fine. But it is a different version of America with it's own unique culture. That culture isn't mine. America is many different countries. Some of those countries don't get along.

    Since Black culture is not mine, there is no reason for me to care about it.

    Actually, I don't think much of this generation of white people. They are pathetically weak. Their fate in America is to become livestock for others.

    While all individuals may be equal, all cultures are not. Some cultures elevate the ideals of education, family cohesion, etc. That's why most East Asian cultures are superior to White American culture and Black American culture.

    Once I was all about American unity. I can remember cheering Floyd Patterson when he fought Ingmar Johanssen. My father was for the white European because he was white. I was for the Black American because he was American. I believed in unity.

    Unity was a part of the past. It will never return. So each group has it's right to it's own identity.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •