Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 108

Thread: Congressman wants WikiLeaks listed as terrorist group

  1. #81
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Congressman wants WikiLeaks listed as terrorist group

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I was responding to what you said, not about the arrest warrant. That wasn't under discussion nor it the subject of this debate.

    This is what you said.

    "Publishing crap didn't do anything to them. Let's be honest about this. They're in harms way because of our aggressive, interventionist, state-building policies. Not because some d-bag put some **** on the internet".

    That's what i was responding to. No further red herrings please.
    Yes, and your post had nothing to do with that statement. Instead, you said something like "those who know better would disagree" and pointed to the arrest warrant. Which indicates that those in the know issued the arrest warrant because what he did with Wikileaks put people in the operation at risk. But the arrest warrant was not issued because what he put on the internet was causing a danger to operations in the middle east. But with your comment you purposefully and misleadingly made it sound like that was the case.

    And that is the basis of my comment to you. No further stupidity please.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  2. #82
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Congressman wants WikiLeaks listed as terrorist group

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    The founders had documented grievences for the previous 20 years; Assange and Wikileaks are bunch of criminals. They're completely different. Manning needs to be shot by a firing squad.
    Perhaps, perhaps we don't have a documented propaganda list because we don't have the information to make one and what shall come from Wikileaks could form a basis for something similar. We don't know. The point was that your authoritative absolute statement that doing illegal things shouldn't be praised is not actually an absolute. Perhaps you can say that in this case, the illegal thing this guy did was not praise worthy. But in general, there can be illegal acts which are indeed very praise worthy.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  3. #83
    Uncanny
    Paschendale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    New York City
    Last Seen
    03-31-16 @ 04:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Socialist
    Posts
    12,510

    Re: Congressman wants WikiLeaks listed as terrorist group

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    What they did is illegal. That is not a standard we should praise.
    What they did is constitutionally protected. That is a standard we should praise. That is what the press is for. They're there to uncover those unpleasant truths that help us keep our leaders honest. Would it be wrong to expose stories of rape in the military during war time? It could hurt troop morale, distract them, and make them more vulnerable to being killed in combat. Everything has consequences, and it would be absurd and incredibly indicative of a tyrannical and militaristic state to assume that information like this must be kept secret. Our leaders cannot be above the law, nor above public reproach.
    Liberté. Égalité. Fraternité.

  4. #84
    Bohemian Revolutionary
    Demon of Light's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Last Seen
    03-07-17 @ 12:25 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    5,095

    Re: Congressman wants WikiLeaks listed as terrorist group

    Quote Originally Posted by samsmart View Post
    This is bull****. If the WikiLeakers really were as courageous as you say, then why haven't they done any dumps of leaks on the People's Republic of China, the Russian Federation, the European Union, or even African countries on the level that they've done from leaks from the United States?
    It is not because they have some agenda against the United States. Due to a confluence of circumstances the biggest leaks are those concerning the United States. Chalk it up to our culture, less restrictive measures allowing more people the chance to leak, and more public availability of the site.

    Keep in mind also these three big leaks concerning Afghanistan, Iraq, and these State Department cables are all believed to be from one individual.
    "For what is Evil but Good-tortured by its own hunger and thirst?"
    - Khalil Gibran

  5. #85
    Sage
    cpwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    USofA
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    57,122

    Re: Congressman wants WikiLeaks listed as terrorist group

    Quote Originally Posted by Kal'Stang View Post
    Really? So what if someone leaked info to MSNBC or FOX or some other official news agency? Would they be considered the same by you?
    absolutely. if you betray the trust put in you by the American people to keep them safe, then they should hunt you down and have you shot. frankly, the editorial board of the New York Times belongs in Prison.

  6. #86
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Congressman wants WikiLeaks listed as terrorist group

    Quote Originally Posted by cpwill View Post
    absolutely. if you betray the trust put in you by the American people to keep them safe, then they should hunt you down and have you shot. frankly, the editorial board of the New York Times belongs in Prison.
    And this is how fascist regimes start!
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #87
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Congressman wants WikiLeaks listed as terrorist group

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    Yes, and your post had nothing to do with that statement. Instead, you said something like "those who know better would disagree" and pointed to the arrest warrant. Which indicates that those in the know issued the arrest warrant because what he did with Wikileaks put people in the operation at risk. But the arrest warrant was not issued because what he put on the internet was causing a danger to operations in the middle east. But with your comment you purposefully and misleadingly made it sound like that was the case.

    And that is the basis of my comment to you. No further stupidity please.

    "Instead, you said something like..."

    You have the attention sopan of a flea.

    Learn how to use the quote system.

  8. #88
    Guru
    oldreliable67's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    10-16-12 @ 03:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    4,641

    Re: Congressman wants WikiLeaks listed as terrorist group

    It is not a reporters job to air classify info. When they knowingly air classified info they are just as bad or worse than traitor who gave them the info.
    The New York Times falls into this category. What would you do with them?

  9. #89
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Congressman wants WikiLeaks listed as terrorist group

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    "Instead, you said something like..."

    You have the attention sopan of a flea.

    Learn how to use the quote system.
    That's it. That's all you got? You made a stupid comment and tried to portray the arrest warrant as speaking to a subject it was in fact not speak to. And all you can come up with is "learn how to use the quote system". Lame.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: Congressman wants WikiLeaks listed as terrorist group

    Quote Originally Posted by oldreliable67 View Post
    The New York Times falls into this category. What would you do with them?
    This is what the New York Tomes said about "Climategate".

    “The documents appear to have been acquired illegally and contain all manner of private information and statements that were never intended for the public eye, so they won’t be posted here.”

    However they did a 180 on deciding to publish stolen documents which are a threat to US security and American lives.

    Flashback: NYT Refused to Publish Stolen Documents | The American Pundit

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •