Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34

Thread: EU rescue costs start to threaten Germany itself

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: EU rescue costs start to threaten Germany itself

    Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    Let's not be coy. Sure there have been some RINO's adding to the problem over the years, but the problem is 90% Dem created and then:

    1. When a Republican spends... it's never enough. When he raises taxes, it's never enough (for a recent trip down memory lane, do you remember Bush 41?).

    2. Dems never want to cut anything; instead they use cutting failure as a baton to smash the right. In the real world failure is allowed to go under. With you folks it requires more time and more of our money, making the problem deeper and bigger. And now we are at the tipping point.

    3. There is a perverse system in DC where the programs are to be increased beyond inflation every year, and if the program isn't funded to that level THEY CLAIM IT'S A CUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And out come the batons, with the journOlists carrying their water.

    It makes a certain level of deceit and disconnect to believe the R's are equally culpable in the mess created. This is why it was great the R's didn't vote for the ObamaKare fiasco... because 10% participation makes us equal partners in your eyes.

    It is your Eurosocialist platform that has created the economic and regulatory HIV we have to cure. It's yours. You own it.

    .
    I couldnt understand a word of that, something about how you still have a guilt by association mentality and whatever you cannot deny you simply label as part of another group and therefore you are blameless.

    Then there was a bunch of crap and assumptions about my political leanings, even though I've never shared them to you somehow you know them all.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: EU rescue costs start to threaten Germany itself

    [QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    No you were being hyper partisan and this thread should be moved elsewhere since it is against BN rules.
    Hyper partisan?? And then, like a true leftist, you want to enforce rules that would deny fair and appropriate comment! And there doesn't even be any shame to comments like this, much less a sense of irony!

  3. #23
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:48 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,432

    Re: EU rescue costs start to threaten Germany itself

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    I couldnt understand a word of that, something about how you still have a guilt by association mentality and whatever you cannot deny you simply label as part of another group and therefore you are blameless.

    Then there was a bunch of crap and assumptions about my political leanings, even though I've never shared them to you somehow you know them all.


    A summary

    When the democrats are in control and spending it is the democrats fault, when the republicans are in control and spending it still is the democrats fault

    Nothing Republicans do is wrong and all the ills of the US are to be put on democrats
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: EU rescue costs start to threaten Germany itself

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    A summary

    When the democrats are in control and spending it is the democrats fault, when the republicans are in control and spending it still is the democrats fault

    Nothing Republicans do is wrong and all the ills of the US are to be put on democrats
    The Tea Party was able to rid the Republican Party of many RINO's who behaved like Democrats. They might have called themselves Republican but they were not Conservative, and therein lies the difference.

  5. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: EU rescue costs start to threaten Germany itself

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    The Tea Party was able to rid the Republican Party of many RINO's who behaved like Democrats. They might have called themselves Republican but they were not Conservative, and therein lies the difference.
    There's no universal agreement on what is a conservative and what is not, arguing about it is pointless.

  6. #26
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: EU rescue costs start to threaten Germany itself

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    There's no universal agreement on what is a conservative and what is not, arguing about it is pointless.
    Actually I wasnt arguing about it.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ft. Campbell, KY
    Last Seen
    12-31-14 @ 08:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    12,177

    Re: EU rescue costs start to threaten Germany itself

    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Actually I wasnt arguing about it.
    You made an arguement, stated an opinion, thats what I meant. To you a conservative may mean one thing but to someone else it may mean something completly different, its pointless to argue labels is my point. You can argue about individuals or certain plans/policies but saying simply that "they aren't a real conservative" or "a conservative president would be better" is a meaningless statement.

  8. #28
    Sage
    Barbbtx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    W'Ford TX
    Last Seen
    11-10-12 @ 08:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,467

    Re: EU rescue costs start to threaten Germany itself

    Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    You made an arguement, stated an opinion, thats what I meant. To you a conservative may mean one thing but to someone else it may mean something completly different, its pointless to argue labels is my point. You can argue about individuals or certain plans/policies but saying simply that "they aren't a real conservative" or "a conservative president would be better" is a meaningless statement.
    Conservatives are for lower taxes, less spending, smaller government. Progressives want high taxes, more spending and bigger government.
    Yes, I want a conservative president. 2012 can't come soon enough for me.
    Catawa is my favorite bleeding heart liberal.
    1/27/12

  9. #29
    Sage
    PeteEU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Denmark
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:12 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    29,090

    Re: EU rescue costs start to threaten Germany itself

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Conservatives are for lower taxes, less spending, smaller government. Progressives want high taxes, more spending and bigger government.
    Yes, I want a conservative president. 2012 can't come soon enough for me.
    So what you are saying.. there has not been a conservative President or Congress since hmm Eisenhower?
    PeteEU

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: EU rescue costs start to threaten Germany itself

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    So what you are saying.. there has not been a conservative President or Congress since hmm Eisenhower?
    It would be best if there were Conservatives in the House and Senate as well.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •