Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 202

Thread: U.S. nervously awaits next WikiLeaks

  1. #191
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Canada, Costa Rica
    Last Seen
    05-16-16 @ 09:45 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    31,645

    Re: U.S. nervously awaits next WikiLeaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    Who is to judge what is racist? Muslims call Jews monkeys and Pigs. Is that racist? Who shall sit in judgment? Don't leftists believe in relative morality?
    Yeah, but no one expects too much from Muslims.

    Or leftists for that matter.

    We naturally expect better from others.

  2. #192
    Guru
    cAPSLOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,927
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. nervously awaits next WikiLeaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    That was an was extremely racist cartoon you posted. Why did you feel the need to post it?
    Pretty sure it was to suck someone into pointing out it is racist. And you went hook/line/sinker.

    In the UK they call it "taking the piss".

  3. #193
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,471

    Re: U.S. nervously awaits next WikiLeaks

    Quote Originally Posted by cAPSLOCK View Post
    Pretty sure it was to suck someone into pointing out it is racist. And you went hook/line/sinker.

    In the UK they call it "taking the piss".
    In the US we still call it "racist" and there was a time when racists used to keep their racism to themselves. But ever since Obama was elected the racists think that somehow gives them license to be openly racist. Obviously, they feel insecure with having a black president and so they have to insult his race cuz they're too stupid and backward to argue the "real" issues at hand.

  4. #194
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,298
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. nervously awaits next WikiLeaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    In the US we still call it "racist" and there was a time when racists used to keep their racism to themselves. But ever since Obama was elected the racists think that somehow gives them license to be openly racist. Obviously, they feel insecure with having a black president and so they have to insult his race cuz they're too stupid and backward to argue the "real" issues at hand.
    Um dude, one thing I will say, is no one has EVER come out on this website and said the words "I hate Obama because he's black".

  5. #195
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,471

    Re: U.S. nervously awaits next WikiLeaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Um dude, one thing I will say, is no one has EVER come out on this website and said the words "I hate Obama because he's black".
    Really, then what do you call posting that cartoon? And um, see that little pink symbol under my avatar? That means I'm a dudette, not dude, dude.
    Last edited by Moot; 12-03-10 at 02:28 AM.

  6. #196
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,698

    Re: U.S. nervously awaits next WikiLeaks

    An additional means to denigrate his administration. His policies are at the heart of the matter.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  7. #197
    Guru
    cAPSLOCK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Dallas Texas
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 08:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,927
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: U.S. nervously awaits next WikiLeaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    In the US we still call it "racist" and there was a time when racists used to keep their racism to themselves. But ever since Obama was elected the racists think that somehow gives them license to be openly racist. Obviously, they feel insecure with having a black president and so they have to insult his race cuz they're too stupid and backward to argue the "real" issues at hand.
    And you continue to take the bait. See that was a copy of a cartoon about president Bush as many have tried to point out here.

    To see it as anything other than equally offensive it the REAL racist reaction in my opinion.

    But as I said originally I personally think it is a really bad, stupid, tasteless mean cartoon.

    I also pointed out this takes us way off topic, as the actual point was double standards and race as opposed to anything Wikileaks related. But the OP continued to pretend it was on topic.

    Bleah. It's not worth it really.

  8. #198
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:15 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,471

    Re: U.S. nervously awaits next WikiLeaks

    Quote Originally Posted by cAPSLOCK View Post
    And you continue to take the bait. See that was a copy of a cartoon about president Bush as many have tried to point out here.

    To see it as anything other than equally offensive it the REAL racist reaction in my opinion.

    But as I said originally I personally think it is a really bad, stupid, tasteless mean cartoon.

    I also pointed out this takes us way off topic, as the actual point was double standards and race as opposed to anything Wikileaks related. But the OP continued to pretend it was on topic.

    Bleah. It's not worth it really.
    And yet you continue to talk and comment about it. So who is taking the bait, now? Sorry, but I don't see the "equally offensive" for the simple reason the lampooning of GWBush wasn't based on his race. So why don't you just let the racists speak for themselves or do they need you to interpret their intentions for them?

  9. #199
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,477
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: U.S. nervously awaits next WikiLeaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    That was an was extremely racist cartoon you posted. Why did you feel the need to post it?
    Nothing racist about it. It's a Bush cartoon with Obama's head on it. It's my favorite Bell cartoon because it's so re-usable in a variety ways.
    Obama's made a **** of a mess of things. Fits perfectly, and it's nice to turn the tables.

    I was ready to use it when Hillary was president, but she isn't.

    .
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Scooter Libby showed the Bush administration couldn't keep it's affairs secret either. The Iraq War was a joke.
    As for Libby, he didn't leak anything. It was Armitage. Libby's incarceration was a pure horsehockey.
    Patrick-Fits-Gerald knew it, yet continued on with his political witch hunt investigation. And what did Libby get nailed for? A failing memory... the same failing memory exhibited by Tim Russert.

    Armitage admits leaking Plame's identity
    PATRICK FITZGERALD
    September 08, 2006
    Armitage admits leaking Plame's identity - CNN
    Here... have a read...
    HILLYER: Scooter Libby, on the record
    'Fair Game' provides chance to re-examine perjury case
    HILLYER: Scooter Libby, on the record - Washington Times
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    I think the Wikileaks may have helped bring Iran to the negotiating table with a much weaker hand. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if that was the main reason for the leaks. The rest of it just fodder for the National Enquirer.

    This is wacko. As wacko as Miss Amerika Barack Obama's response to meeting our enemies without preconditions.
    Remember Miss America Barack Obama? He said he would speak with Iran without preconditions. What stopped Miss Amerika?
    A questioner asked in a July 23, 2007, Democratic debate if the candidates would be "willing to meet separately, without precondition, during the first year of your administration, in Washington or anywhere else, with the leaders of Iran, Syria, Venezuela, Cuba and North Korea, in order to bridge the gap that divides our countries?"

    "I would," Obama said. "
    Here she comes (music notes icon)... Miss Amerika...

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 12-03-10 at 03:59 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

  10. #200
    Educating the Ignorant
    zimmer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    14,477
    Blog Entries
    12

    Re: U.S. nervously awaits next WikiLeaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    An additional means to denigrate his administration. His policies are at the heart of the matter.
    And that cartoon is masterful at pointing out the ****ty job he's doing. It cuts to the heart of the matter like no other Bell cartoon. Or Ramirez cartoon; my two favorite cartoonists. One a lefty, the other a righty... think of that! I howled when I saw A Role for the UN the first time, even if it did skewer Bush.

    And the bonus is it's re-usable like no other.

    .
    Last edited by zimmer; 12-03-10 at 04:08 AM.
    The Clintons are what happens...
    when you have NO MORAL COMPASS.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •