Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 202

Thread: U.S. nervously awaits next WikiLeaks

  1. #171
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Re: U.S. nervously awaits next WikiLeaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    That was an was extremely racist cartoon you posted. Why did you feel the need to post it?
    Was it racist when it was GW characterized?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #172
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: U.S. nervously awaits next WikiLeaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Meh, I agree with you in general.
    If it delivers Saudi records tho, I think I may just come from excitement.

    I would hope from the bottom of my heart it is so controversial the data and hardlines take place over the Saudi Royals and if that was a side effect. I'd be cheering it on, believe me
    Well then, here's some titalating information you might enjoy.

    ....The WikiLeaks cables report that Saudi Arabia's King Abdullah has implored President Obama to "cut off the head of the snake" embarrassing for the king, perhaps, but no surprise to any of his subjects who have been paying attention. The cables also report the wry reaction of Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates, who insists that military action against Iran is a bad idea: The Saudis, he said, want to "fight the Iranians to the last American."
    WikiLeaks, Iran and the U.S.: What the documents don't show - latimes.com
    What the Wiki documents reveal is that one of the US's supposedly closet allies in the ME is funding the terrorists and at the same time goading the US to attack it's enemy Iran.....just like it did to it's other enemy, Iraq.

    Even more revealing is the Obama administrations use of diplomacy and harsher sanctions is having more of an effect on Iran than threats of military action....
    Iran Is in Weaker Position for Next Week's Talks on Its Nuclear Program

    I think the Wikileaks may have helped bring Iran to the negotiating table with a much weaker hand. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if that was the main reason for the leaks. The rest of it just fodder for the National Enquirer.

  3. #173
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: U.S. nervously awaits next WikiLeaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    You started the blame game and I finished it. Tit for tat.

    I never claimed to be a mind reader and had no idea you weren't American. So why don't you say where you are from? Are you embarrassed?
    I'm not going to stop the blame game. I am only too happy to join you in throwing Bush, Cheney and all of the other leftist shibboleths under the bus. They don't hold power any more.

    Stupid Obama holds power. He's the target because he is the living breathing embodiment of leftist governance. He looks like a fool along with Hillary Clinton. This drum beat won't end no matter what happens to Bush.

    There are many versions and visions of America. Some of them are compatible and some are hostile to each other. Each is legitimate, but they are under no obligation to each other.

  4. #174
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: U.S. nervously awaits next WikiLeaks

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Was it racist when it was GW characterized?

    j-mac
    That cartoon is racist and it has nothing to do with GW.

  5. #175
    Sage
    Moot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Utah
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    27,460

    Re: U.S. nervously awaits next WikiLeaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    I'm not going to stop the blame game. I am only too happy to join you in throwing Bush, Cheney and all of the other leftist shibboleths under the bus. They don't hold power any more.

    Stupid Obama holds power. He's the target because he is the living breathing embodiment of leftist governance. He looks like a fool along with Hillary Clinton. This drum beat won't end no matter what happens to Bush.

    There are many versions and visions of America. Some of them are compatible and some are hostile to each other. Each is legitimate, but they are under no obligation to each other.
    You must be very ashamed of your country not to say where you are from.

  6. #176
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: U.S. nervously awaits next WikiLeaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    ...I think the Wikileaks may have helped bring Iran to the negotiating table with a much weaker hand. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if that was the main reason for the leaks.
    Iran is the one offering to talk. Obama is the reluctant and reticent party because he has a weak bargaining hand.

    The talks will go no where. Iran will not give up it's ability to complete the nuclear fuel cycle.

  7. #177
    Angry Former GOP Voter
    Fiddytree's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    25,690

    Re: U.S. nervously awaits next WikiLeaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    That cartoon is racist and it has nothing to do with GW.
    George was characterized as a monkey, but I know you know that.
    Nevertheless, I agree, it is an awful cartoon for the reasons others have stated...plus, resorting to "****" is desperate material.
    Michael J Petrilli-"Is School Choice Enough?"-A response to the recent timidity of American conservatives toward education reform. https://nationalaffairs.com/publicat...-choice-enough

  8. #178
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: U.S. nervously awaits next WikiLeaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    You must be very ashamed of your country not to say where you are from.
    My country no longer exists except in memory.

  9. #179
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: U.S. nervously awaits next WikiLeaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    My country no longer exists except in memory.
    And which country would that be?

    Whose memory, for that matter?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  10. #180
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: U.S. nervously awaits next WikiLeaks

    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    That cartoon is racist and it has nothing to do with GW.
    Who is to judge what is racist? Muslims call Jews monkeys and Pigs. Is that racist? Who shall sit in judgment? Don't leftists believe in relative morality?

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •