Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast
Results 331 to 340 of 351

Thread: DeLay convicted of money laundering charges

  1. #331
    Sage

    Donc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    out yonder
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 09:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    9,426

    Re: Texas jury convicts Tom DeLay on money laundering charges

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    Uh he answer the question, therefore your post is irrelevant.

    And your certainly an expert on................?
    The haggardness of poverty is everywhere seen contrasted with the sleekness of wealth, the exhorted labor of some compensating for the idleness of others, wretched hovels by the side of stately colonnades, the rags of indigence blended with the ensigns of opulence; in a word, the most useless profusion in the midst of the most urgent wants.Jean-Baptiste Say

  2. #332
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,151

    Re: Texas jury convicts Tom DeLay on money laundering charges

    Quote Originally Posted by donc View Post
    And your certainly an expert on................?
    the answer to that question would likely result in a permaban
    i defer
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

  3. #333
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Texas jury convicts Tom DeLay on money laundering charges

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    since you have had your ass handed to you throughout this thread, where you refuse to accept that the hammer was justly convicted, it would seem that you would want the thread to move off topic to avoid further embarrassment
    you have no argument ... which does not seem to keep you from posting worthless crap which has nothing to do with delay's conviction. so, make your final point, accept the ass whipping, and move on
    Only a very insecure individual would claim someone else's ass was kicked in a political forum where ideology trumps the content of the issue and the facts. Amazing how leftwing posters stick together and join in piling on congratulating each other for their meaningless posts. I have had my ass handed to many times throughout my life with everyone of them being better than you. I don't consider your claims of victory much more than typical insecurity and another liberal crying out for help.

  4. #334
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,935

    Re: Texas jury convicts Tom DeLay on money laundering charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    The problem anyone has with electing a third party is basic math. We have an electorate where 40-43% of the people will vote for a Democrat regardless of that candidate. Obama got 52% of the vote and has lost that 12% who voted for him leaving him with his base of 40% or so. That leaves a third party to re-elect Obama and that would be to further this disaster. Wallace gave us LBJ and Perot gave us Bill Clinton, both mistakes by the electorate. A third Party splits the vote for those who would vote for a Republican and thus puts the unqualified back into office.
    I believe LBJ became president in November of 1963 courtesy of Lee Harvey Oswald. Wallace ran in 68 and Nixon was elected then. You have a point with Clinton in 92.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  5. #335
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: Texas jury convicts Tom DeLay on money laundering charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Only a very insecure individual would claim someone else's ass was kicked in a political forum where ideology trumps the content of the issue and the facts. Amazing how leftwing posters stick together and join in piling on congratulating each other for their meaningless posts. I have had my ass handed to many times throughout my life with everyone of them being better than you. I don't consider your claims of victory much more than typical insecurity and another liberal crying out for help.
    what exactly was your argument throughout this thread....??? ' your not from texas' what effect did it have on obama losing texas, democrats losing midterms' 'this will be overturned' 'no one who paid any attention to the trial(apparently except the actual jury) would convict, the prosecution didnt make the case' wash, rinse , repeat...... uh, yeah, you were owned.

  6. #336
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Texas jury convicts Tom DeLay on money laundering charges

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    I believe LBJ became president in November of 1963 courtesy of Lee Harvey Oswald. Wallace ran in 68 and Nixon was elected then. You have a point with Clinton in 92.
    I could be wrong on the dates but thought that Wallace ran for President in 1964 and garnered around 10 million votes. LBJ was running for election the first time as he was elected VP in 1960. Don't recall the actual votes in 1964 and am too lazy to look it up. I know I never supported LBJ because of his liberal agenda and was proven right with "The Great Society" and putting SS on budget.

  7. #337
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Texas jury convicts Tom DeLay on money laundering charges

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    what exactly was your argument throughout this thread....??? ' your not from texas' what effect did it have on obama losing texas, democrats losing midterms' 'this will be overturned' 'no one who paid any attention to the trial(apparently except the actual jury) would convict, the prosecution didnt make the case' wash, rinse , repeat...... uh, yeah, you were owned.
    My response was to someone called Justbubba who claimed I had my ass handed to me and then you and a couple others thanked him for the post. Not once did I claim that DeLay wasn't convicted only that the verdict is being appealed which it is and will be overturned on the rule of law. If that is having my ass handed to me then that is what liberals do when confused with facts. That claim and a few bucks will get you a Latte at Starbucks. Liberals need to consider who they support and what handing someone their ass really means in the content of those making the claims.

  8. #338
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:31 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,935

    Re: Texas jury convicts Tom DeLay on money laundering charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I could be wrong on the dates but thought that Wallace ran for President in 1964 and garnered around 10 million votes. LBJ was running for election the first time as he was elected VP in 1960. Don't recall the actual votes in 1964 and am too lazy to look it up. I know I never supported LBJ because of his liberal agenda and was proven right with "The Great Society" and putting SS on budget.
    Wallace ran for president on the American Independent party in 1963 and won the electoral votes of five states and getting 13% of the popular vote. In 64 he only ran as a Democrat against LBJ in three early Democratic primaries and then dropped out leaving the field to LBJ. Interesting that four of the five states won by Wallace in 68 were won by Goldwater in 64.
    Last edited by haymarket; 11-26-10 at 03:33 PM.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  9. #339
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,270

    Re: Texas jury convicts Tom DeLay on money laundering charges

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Wallace ran for president on the American Independent party in 1963 and won the electoral votes of five states and getting 13% of the popular vote. In 64 he only ran as a Democrat against LBJ ion three early Democratic primaries and then dropped out leaving the field to LBJ.
    You are absolutely correct, my error. Wallace did run in 1968 as a third party candidate and got almost 10 million votes in the election of Nixon vs. Humphreys. My apology.

  10. #340
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:17 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,151

    Re: Texas jury convicts Tom DeLay on money laundering charges

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I could be wrong on the dates but thought that Wallace ran for President in 1964 and garnered around 10 million votes. LBJ was running for election the first time as he was elected VP in 1960. Don't recall the actual votes in 1964 and am too lazy to look it up. I know I never supported LBJ because of his liberal agenda and was proven right with "The Great Society" and putting SS on budget.
    why let that stop you from making bogus posts [/s]
    we are negotiating about dividing a pizza and in the meantime israel is eating it
    once you're over the hill you begin to pick up speed

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •