Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19

Thread: Lesbian major dismissed under 'don't ask, don't tell' being reinstated

  1. #1
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,287
    Blog Entries
    1

    Lesbian major dismissed under 'don't ask, don't tell' being reinstated

    (CNN) -- A decorated flight nurse dismissed under the "don't ask, don't tell" military policy will be reinstated with the U.S. Air Force, the American Civil Liberties Union of Washington said.

    The ACLU of Washington represented Maj. Margaret Witt in a 4-year-long lawsuit seeking her reinstatement.

    In September, the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington ordered the Air Force to reinstate Witt. The court found that Witt's sexual orientation does not negatively affect unit morale or cohesion. On Tuesday, the Justice Department appealed that ruling, but it is not seeking a stay of the order to reinstate Witt, clearing the way for her to rejoin the service.

    "I am thrilled to be able to serve in the Air Force again," Witt said in statement Tuesday. "The men and women in the unit are like family members to me, and I've been waiting a long time to rejoin them."

    There was no immediate Justice Department response Tuesday to a CNN request for comment.
    Lesbian major dismissed under 'don't ask, don't tell' being reinstated - CNN.com

    Another victory for justice and equality.

    Mr. President, Tear Down DADT!


  2. #2
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,277

    Re: Lesbian major dismissed under 'don't ask, don't tell' being reinstated

    Obama Avoids Test on Gays in Military - WSJ.com

    Here we see all the facts laid out. If in fact she did not tell anyone about her relationship, and kept it secret (which it appears she did) then it seems she shouldn't have been discharged under DADT. Obama already said that Congress must pass a law, what part of that don't you get?
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  3. #3
    Cheese
    Aunt Spiker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sasnakra
    Last Seen
    09-10-16 @ 06:10 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,433

    Re: Lesbian major dismissed under 'don't ask, don't tell' being reinstated

    Good for her, that's awesome.

    Personally - I think it's pathetic that they'd boot a nurse for any reason other than an inability to do their actual job.
    A screaming comes across the sky.
    It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
    Pynchon - Gravity's Rainbow

  4. #4
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,775

    Re: Lesbian major dismissed under 'don't ask, don't tell' being reinstated

    Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Spiker View Post
    Good for her, that's awesome.

    Personally - I think it's pathetic that they'd boot a nurse for any reason other than an inability to do their actual job.
    Worse was the decorated Air Force pilot who we'd spent millions of dollars training and booted because OMG HE LIKES DUDES!?

    I mean, I know he's got nine air medals, but we just can't trust a man like that!
    Last edited by Deuce; 11-24-10 at 02:14 PM.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  5. #5
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Lesbian major dismissed under 'don't ask, don't tell' being reinstated

    You mean, since she didn't violate DADT, by not telling, she's been reinstated?

    Isn't amazing how regulations don't seem so bad, after we learn how they actually work?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #6
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lesbian major dismissed under 'don't ask, don't tell' being reinstated

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You mean, since she didn't violate DADT, by not telling, she's been reinstated?

    Isn't amazing how regulations don't seem so bad, after we learn how they actually work?
    The fact that she should not have some gag order and can in fact be booted for something as simple as hand holding is why it is bad. I know exactly how DADT works, it is in fact bad.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  7. #7
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Lesbian major dismissed under 'don't ask, don't tell' being reinstated

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    The fact that she should not have some gag order and can in fact be booted for something as simple as hand holding is why it is bad. I know exactly how DADT works, it is in fact bad.
    Obviously, you don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #8
    Sage
    Navy Pride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Last Seen
    05-07-15 @ 02:01 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    39,883

    Re: Lesbian major dismissed under 'don't ask, don't tell' being reinstated

    Np big deal....The Lesbian is a major..........she has all the privacy in the world.....Lets see them re instate a male sailor aboard ship.........
    "God Bless Our Troops in Harms Way."

  9. #9
    Liberal Fascist For Life!


    Redress's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Georgia
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:58 AM
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    93,299
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Lesbian major dismissed under 'don't ask, don't tell' being reinstated

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Obviously, you don't.
    Obviously, you are wrong.
    We became a great nation not because we are a nation of cynics. We became a great nation because we are a nation of believers - Lindsey Graham

    Quote Originally Posted by Fiddytree View Post
    Uh oh Megyn...your vagina witchcraft is about ready to be exposed.

  10. #10
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Lesbian major dismissed under 'don't ask, don't tell' being reinstated

    Quote Originally Posted by Redress View Post
    Obviously, you are wrong.
    Post the actual regulation for us. Let's see how it's worded. The regulation, not the defense directive. Thanks in advance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •