Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 529

Thread: North Korea reportedly fires at South

  1. #81
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    In your dreams...
    Last Seen
    05-29-12 @ 02:53 PM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    10,621

    Re: North Korea reportedly fires at South

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    From what I read, it said that there were going to be training exercises in an area that NK disputes, not necessarily a generally disputed area. Also, considering the attack on the SK ship several months ago and now this, I am amazed at the restraint that SK is showing in trying to avoid all out war...
    I think when 1/2 parties disputes a territory it is 'disputed'. Also they are likely restraining themselves because they're not likely looking for a total war.

  2. #82
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: North Korea reportedly fires at South

    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMack View Post
    I dont doubt his mental status. Dementia/delusions sort of come with proclaiming yourself a God. And yes it is his people that are starving, but eventually the coffers will run dry...even for the military. As I said...I doubt he wants a war...he wants concessions.
    You're assuming a man who thinks he is God would make rational sane decisions, and one being he does not want war. I would never assume the actions of a nut job. For all we know he may want to go out in a flame of glory.
    Last edited by EnigmaO01; 11-23-10 at 01:33 PM.

  3. #83
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:32 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: North Korea reportedly fires at South

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    From what I read, it said that there were going to be training exercises in an area that NK disputes, not necessarily a generally disputed area. Also, considering the attack on the SK ship several months ago and now this, I am amazed at the restraint that SK is showing in trying to avoid all out war...In days past NK would be toast by now.


    j-mac
    There have been past incidents involving casaulties on the DMZ. In all cases SK has shown restrain. Some day the cork will pop, or hopefully there is an overthrow of the NK regime by the people. If that happens it will be very bloody.
    Last edited by EnigmaO01; 11-23-10 at 01:35 PM.

  4. #84
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: North Korea reportedly fires at South

    America would be well advised to come back to North America and leave the South Koreans to their fate.

  5. #85
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: North Korea reportedly fires at South

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    America would be well advised to come back to North America and leave the South Koreans to their fate.
    HA! USA would then lose all credibility with their allies. It does not matter that the people of those nations hate us. They would hate us even more if we left and they were stuck with a war due to that decision.

  6. #86
    Sage
    VanceMack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    54,696

    Re: North Korea reportedly fires at South

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    You're assuming a man who thinks he is God would make rational sane decisions, and one being he does not want war. I would never assume the actions of a nut job. For all we know he may want to go out in a flame of glory.
    If that be the case, I would not be unhappy to oblige him in his request. But I think Kim is already preparing for his future and legacy (his son is being groomed to be the next nutbag in chief of NK)...I dont think he is THAT crazy.

  7. #87
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: North Korea reportedly fires at South

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Riiiiight.
    Do you always have difficulty dealing with facts ???

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  8. #88
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,287

    Re: North Korea reportedly fires at South

    Quote Originally Posted by SE102 View Post
    I think when 1/2 parties disputes a territory it is 'disputed'. Also they are likely restraining themselves because they're not likely looking for a total war.

    Ok, well, I dispute that Mexico is not in its entirety part of the US. Does that mean that Mexico is disputed land?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  9. #89
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,287

    Re: North Korea reportedly fires at South

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    There have been past incidents involving casaulties on the DMZ. In all cases SK has shown restrain. Some day the cork will pop, or hopefully there is an overthrow of the NK regime by the people. If that happens it will be very bloody.

    Yeah, fair enough, although I don't think that the DMZ incidents have been of this magnitude have they?

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  10. #90
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: North Korea reportedly fires at South

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yeah, fair enough, although I don't think that the DMZ incidents have been of this magnitude have they?

    j-mac
    Yes. N.Korea has fired MLRS at S.Korea before.

Page 9 of 53 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •