Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 529

Thread: North Korea reportedly fires at South

  1. #471
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: North Korea reportedly fires at South

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    Wrong. This means China has to make sure the DPRK doesn't piss us off, or we kill them, and they've lost a Communist friend, and a buffer from South Korea. And if they go to war with us, they can kiss the money we owe them good-bye, along with all the money they might make in the future.

    America can't harm China financially without committing suicide.
    So losing your biggest customer isn't a problem whatsoever? Apparently no experience in business?

    The truth be known I think it would work negatively both ways if it trade was suddenly cut off.

  2. #472
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: North Korea reportedly fires at South

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    If you bothered to read what I said, I asked for evidence that Iranians have directly killed American Citizens or Soldiers, not whether they financed terrorists who end up killing our soldiers. You obviously can't meet your burden of proof, so just admit you're wrong.
    I'm wrong. But the Americans are still dead as a desert night aren't they regardless of the Iranian sponsorship of their deaths and mutilations?

  3. #473
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: North Korea reportedly fires at South

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    So losing your biggest customer isn't a problem whatsoever? Apparently no experience in business?

    The truth be known I think it would work negatively both ways if it trade was suddenly cut off.
    Yup, you must be right. And with that our conversation comes to a conclusion. It was a pleasure meeting you.

  4. #474
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,021

    Re: North Korea reportedly fires at South

    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Di Salvo View Post
    "...4) It is a myth that America cannot fight two, three, and what ever number comes up, simultaneously. We have engaged across the world and fought multiple enemies at the same time circa 1943..."

    That was a different American people. Americans today are not capable of united action against foreign powers. One side or the other will use a foreign war for domestic political purposes. That means America can no longer win wars.
    1) Afghanistan. -The pundits screamed wildly that the Tali-Ban would not be removed from power easily and that we couldn't maintain a war where Soviets lost. They were wrong.

    2) Iraq. -The pundits screamed wildly the whole time about how we are stretched too thin and couldn't fight two wars (even though they were both about the same failed civilization). They were wrong. The pundits were bold in their statements that Baghdad couldnot be taken. They were wrong. The pundits were bold in their statements that Iraqis wouldn't vote. They were wrong. The pundits boldly declared that Iraq was in the state of grave civil war and that the Sunni would never come around. They were wrong. The pundits declared boldly that Al-Queda in Iraq would never be defeated. They were wrong.

    3) North Korea. - We have an entire III MEF waiting in the Pacific for exactly this war. They are largely not a part of this "War on Terror." Along with them is the South Korean force that will fight for their own lands unlike what Afghanis are doing and unlike what Iraqis were capable of. Today, the pundits are beginning to declare boldly that our military is stretched too thin and that nothing good will come from a war against North Korea.


    Along the way, the pundits have forecasted failure and accused our military of not being better practitioners of war than Soviet troops. They had declared us failures in Iraq the entire way and toldus that we would never bring it to a close. And now they simply dismiss us as non-existent in the Pacific. The pundits have been wrong every single time, because they are too focused on predicting negativity and failure at all cost. You see, it's safer to assume failure and to be wrong than it is to assume victory and be wrong. They have proven to be ignorant of their military and of their own culture. I would think that at some point, the pundits would simply slash their own wrists and acknowledge that they are absolutely worthless and near traitorous. And let's not pretend that some former Army Generals, who's idea of this world can't fathom the absence of a Cold War, haven't had their heads up their asses as well.


    I am not interested in what never-enlisted-civilian pundits have to say about what our military is capable of. And keep in mind that enlistment into the military has been without a draft this whole time and that the Marine Corps has made its numbers every single year. The Army, despite having some troubles, are hardly struggling for volunteers. Americans are more capable of rising above the ignorant cowardly pundit than you think.
    Last edited by MSgt; 11-29-10 at 12:55 PM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  5. #475
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,021

    Re: North Korea reportedly fires at South

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    The point I was making with this was that the American people would be pissed if the Iranians directly attacked/killed our troops. Using terrorists isn't direct, if they sent an army unit in which killed a soldier or two before getting massacred, we the people would be pissed.
    Well, the American people were absolutely pissed when Al-Queda was being harbored by the Tali-Ban and decided that they were just as guilty. I'm not sure your point addresses the realty. If Iran's funding goes to a terrorist organization to kill Americans, then that terrorist organization is merely a proxy for Iran's bidding.

    But let's be real. "We the People" could care less about any soldier, Marine, sailor, or airman that died throughout the 90s due to terrorist activity until 9/11 and "We the People" wanted revenge for the death of civilians. "We the People" have been proven to be hypocrits, selfish, and plain mean to its military. "Support the Troop" came with criticisms, insults, political grandstanding, and accusations of evil acts by "We the People" ever since they demanded we go out and murder and slaughter, for them....not us.

    We were dying and were ignored before 9/11.
    Last edited by MSgt; 11-29-10 at 12:48 PM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  6. #476
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: North Korea reportedly fires at South

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    Well, the American people were absolutely pissed when Al-Queda was being harbored by the Tali-Ban and decided that they were just as guilty. I'm not sure your point addresses the realty. If Iran's funding goes to a terrorist organization to kill Americans, then that terrorist organization is merely a proxy for Iran's bidding.

    But let's be real. "We the People" could care less about any soldier, Marine, sailor, or airman that died throughout the 90s due to terrorist activity until 9/11 and "We the People" wanted revenge for the death of civilians. "We the People" have been proven to be hypocrits, selfish, and plain mean to its military. "Support the Troop" came with criticisms, insults, political grandstanding, and accusations of evil acts by "We the People" ever since they demanded we go out and murder and slaughter, for them....not us.

    We were dying and were ignored before 9/11.
    Truth be told. You guys are expendable. Most likely you guys are the most expendable "productive" members in society. So no one cares about and it is what you signed up for. Don't blame or anything realize that it was what you wanted so don't be expecting a thanks.

  7. #477
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,021

    Re: North Korea reportedly fires at South

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Fox_86 View Post
    Truth be told. You guys are expendable. Most likely you guys are the most expendable "productive" members in society. So no one cares about and it is what you signed up for. Don't blame or anything realize that it was what you wanted so don't be expecting a thanks.
    I'm not the "We the People" pretending otherwise. This is exactly what I was talking about. We know the truth about ourselves despite the civilian world pretending different. I joined in 1992, well before this "Support theTroop" fad.

    We know we are expendable. We don't expect a thanks nor want it. It's embarrassing. We do this for the excitment and the action. We do it for us. Not for the Budweiser commercials that salute the troops in order to boost sales. We don't care for the falsehoods that make civilians feel better about themselves when they want others to do their revenge killing. "Support the Troop" was a politician's tactic. If "We the People" weren't so stupid, the military would have handled Al-Queda before 9/11 when our intel systms were screaming about it but was ignored.

    Case in point....before 9/11, military members were murdered abroad without a care. Our inventory across the branches were Vietnam vintage. Nobody gave a ****. But after 9/11, "We the People" decided that it would boost the anti-Bush campaign by pointing at our equipment. The Democratic Party couldn't fathom why our troops were without proper body armor and complete NBC suits as if we ever had it before.

    Another case in point....at a time when troops need inexpensive body armor, 21st century equipment, and advanced local comm systems, "We the People" would rather spend the money on fantastical weaponry that have no place on our battle field. Cold War programs like the F-22 or next generational nuclear submarines are a gross unacceptable event. And when it comes down to cutting "military spending," do you think these programs routinely get cut or do you think the troop goes without body armor?

    Another case in point.....where are the Audy Murphy's John Waynes, and Jimmy Stewarts of Hollywood? Where is the military experience in Washington? Today, Hollywood makes a mockery of military duty. If it's not Rambo shooting up an American town over how his government trained him to kill, it's an Oliver Stone film portraying the military as merciless murderers and destroyed souls. Today's Hollywood portrays the troop as a hapless victim of corporate greed that can't cope with combat. Tear jerker films that embarras the troops because it relies on sympathy for the poor ignorant fool that couldnt figure out how to be a noble civilian instead is what sells to "We the People." In Washngton our Commnader-in-Chiefs are those who run as far away as possible from military duty. Commander-in-Chief made sense when General Washington was President. And how about Roosevelt or Eisenhower? Kennedy? How about anybody that has any experience at all with the military to lead the most powerful and responsible military in history? Today we get draft dodgers, Air National Guardsmen on holiday, and confusion. There should be no wonder why they can't figure out where their roles, in regards to the battlefield, end. And "We the People" cheer Hollywood and D.C.

    But let's introduce another truth. With education being a primary financial cut to fix government spending, our teachers are just as expendable, aren't they? The difference is that people will defend their teachers...eventually. Vietnam protestors made it fashionable to crap on the military and "Support the Troop" merely offers a cover as they criticize our every move in the media. This is the selfish, backwards, mean, "We the People" I'm talking about. We've become a nation that believes in stupid children and a military to be kicked about.

    You seem proud of this.
    Last edited by MSgt; 11-29-10 at 01:42 PM.

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

  8. #478
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    03-31-11 @ 07:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    2,331

    Re: North Korea reportedly fires at South

    Quote Originally Posted by MSgt View Post
    I'm not the "We the People" pretending otherwise. This is exactly what I was talking about. We know the truth about ourselves despite the civilian world pretending different. I joined in 1992, well before this "Support theTroop" fad.

    We know we are expendable. We don't expect a thanks nor want it. It's embarrassing. We do this for the excitment and the action. We do it for us. Not for the Budweiser commercials that salute the troops in order to boost sales. We don't care for the falsehoods that make civilians feel better about themselves when they want others to do their revenge killing. "Support the Troop" was a politician's tactic. If "We the People" weren't so stupid, the military would have handled Al-Queda before 9/11 when our intel systms were screaming about it but was ignored.

    Case in point....before 9/11, military members were murdered abroad without a care. Our inventory across the branches were Vietnam vintage. Nobody gave a ****. But after 9/11, "We the People" decided that it would boost the anti-Bush campaign by pointing at our equipment. The Democratic Party couldn't fathom why our troops were without proper body armor and complete NBC suits as if we ever had it before.

    Another case in point....at a time when troops need inexpensive body armor, 21st century equipment, and advanced local comm systems, "We the People" would rather spend the money on fantastical weaponry that have no place on our battle field. Cold War programs like the F-22 or next generational nuclear submarines are a gross unacceptable event. And when it comes down to cutting "military spending," do you think these programs routinely get cut or do you think the troop goes without body armor?

    But let's introduce another truth. With education being a primary financial cut to fix government spending, our teachers are just as expendable. This is the selfish, backwards, mean, "We the People" I'm talking about.
    So you would be Mr. Unico because you serve? LOL. The reason no one likes the military is because of the likes of you which make the majority of cannon fodder...er I mean military. I have watched and listended to enough veterans that yeah the majority want a thanks and expect it and they also expect people to open doors for them. The majority of soldiers walk around with an attitude that they are doing something exceptional. But no you guys are not all spec ops and even then most of them are bored straight. Why? Because the people do not want a war like you war mongers do. Its scary that you are in the position you are in but not surprising when the mentally elite are in the private sector or civie world. Rarely are the mentally elite in the military.

    You cannot take out an organization that is multi national without the cooperation of other governments. And also its counter insurgency and terrorism that we need to focus on and not doing what the likes of you would want.

  9. #479
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Last Seen
    06-11-11 @ 02:33 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    55

    Re: North Korea reportedly fires at South

    Where is Msgt getting his information that Iraq is stable? lol

    US May Be Overselling Iraq Diplomacy

  10. #480
    Meh...
    MSgt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:03 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    18,021

    Re: North Korea reportedly fires at South

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Fox_86 View Post
    So you would be Mr. Unico because you serve? LOL.
    Um..no. I'm just a military man with a job. It's you that has the inferiority complex.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Fox_86 View Post
    The reason no one likes the military is because of the likes of you which make the majority of cannon fodder...er I mean military. I have watched and listended to enough veterans that yeah the majority want a thanks and expect it and they also expect people to open doors for them. The majority of soldiers walk around with an attitude that they are doing something exceptional. But no you guys are not all spec ops and even then most of them are bored straight. Why? Because the people do not want a war like you war mongers do. Its scary that you are in the position you are in but not surprising when the mentally elite are in the private sector or civie world. Rarely are the mentally elite in the military.
    Anybody else seeing the inferiority complex? I merely called people's bluff about "Supporting the Troop" and you have done nothing but insult and tear down. Perhaps you have a cowardice streak that military life reminds you of too often? You obviously have the same old ax to grind.


    Quote Originally Posted by Gray_Fox_86 View Post
    You cannot take out an organization that is multi national without the cooperation of other governments. And also its counter insurgency and terrorism that we need to focus on and not doing what the likes of you would want.
    Well, first of all, "we" wouldn't involve you so let's not pretend. And second, just what is it that you think I want? I have been quite clear that we can't do anything about a nuclear armed North Korea. Did you make the mistake of coming into this conversation to tear into the military and wound up getting caught with your head up your ass?

    MSgt
    Semper Fidelis
    USMC

Page 48 of 53 FirstFirst ... 384647484950 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •