Page 16 of 53 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 529

Thread: North Korea reportedly fires at South

  1. #151
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,431

    Re: North Korea reportedly fires at South

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    And some people need to understand that things do change

    China is no where near the same country it was in 1970. SK is far more important a country to China now then NK is

    It wont allow SK to overwhelm NK as its security intesests will be comprised
    Not that SK could overwhelm NK without suffering severe loss`s and seeing Seoul hit by thousands of artillery shells,
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  2. #152
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,332

    Re: North Korea reportedly fires at South

    Quote Originally Posted by Phantom View Post
    The Nazi's aren't around anymore. You fail.
    Really?





    Yay! Finally we are getting somewhere! Woo Hoo! That's what I've been trying to say until you got started acting like a jerk.
    But, you're failing to see the big picture.



    Cool, does that mean I get to direct you back on topic?
    Since you got your ass handed to you in the debate, sire, it's up to you, bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #153
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: North Korea reportedly fires at South

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    Not that SK could overwhelm NK without suffering severe loss`s and seeing Seoul hit by thousands of artillery shells,
    That's the downside to all out war. However I'm thinking there may be a contingency plan in place that could hit NK so hard and so fast and so devistatingly it may preclude that with some luck. But Seoul is so close to the DMZ it would be hard to pull off. It would have to be a surprise attack of massive force. Stealth bombers would be the way to go. Not sure if we would bring them in theater though, and I know SK doesn't have any of their own.

  4. #154
    Sage
    EnigmaO01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Indiana
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    7,027

    Re: North Korea reportedly fires at South

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Really?







    But, you're failing to see the big picture.





    Since you got your ass handed to you in the debate, sire, it's up to you, bro.
    Has anyone ever told you your posts are a waste of bandwidth? What are you a teenager?

  5. #155
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,332

    Re: North Korea reportedly fires at South

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    And some people need to understand that things do change

    China is no where near the same country it was in 1970. SK is far more important a country to China now then NK is

    It wont allow SK to overwhelm NK as its security intesests will be comprised

    Yeah, right! Communist China is going to take sides with Democratic South Korea, against Communist North Korea?

    Whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #156
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:15 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,332

    Re: North Korea reportedly fires at South

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    Has anyone ever told you your posts are a waste of bandwidth? What are you a teenager?
    Why, sure they have. It's usually some stupid asshole that has nothing else to say and bases his argument on revised historical bull****.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #157
    Steve
    tryreading's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Central Florida
    Last Seen
    02-26-13 @ 07:37 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    4,809

    Re: North Korea reportedly fires at South

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    I'm no liberal. Just pointing out the double standard.



    This is nothing new. Same during Bush 2. I seem to remember Russian invading Georgia while Cheney squawked and Bush did nothing. I also recall several incidents with NK during Bush 2 with nothing that smacks of the macho you assume. Your lack of memory is telling. Revisionist history actually.



    Not so. Only right wingers hoping the world laughs. Most of the peace loving world is relieved Bush the cowboy is gone. I also can recall some real laughing by the world when Dumbya was in office. I cringed whenever he opened his mouth. I was embarassed to have him as my president.
    There was even laughter at his expense when he was in the room, and on international TV:

    YouTube - Putin shreds Bush
    Do not write in this space!

  8. #158
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: North Korea reportedly fires at South

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yeah, right! Communist China is going to take sides with Democratic South Korea, against Communist North Korea?

    Whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If China acts against South Korea, they are acting against the U.S. If they fight the U.S., we can say screw you, and f**k the money we owe them. Just like that, they'll have defeated their economic policy for the last few decades.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  9. #159
    Sage
    Lord Tammerlain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:39 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,431

    Re: North Korea reportedly fires at South

    Quote Originally Posted by EnigmaO01 View Post
    That's the downside to all out war. However I'm thinking there may be a contingency plan in place that could hit NK so hard and so fast and so devistatingly it may preclude that with some luck. But Seoul is so close to the DMZ it would be hard to pull off. It would have to be a surprise attack of massive force. Stealth bombers would be the way to go. Not sure if we would bring them in theater though, and I know SK doesn't have any of their own.
    SK would have 1 hr before seeing shells and missiles hitting Seoul, the center of the government, economy of South Korea.

    Not to mention a possibility of a nuclear weapon being used by the NK if things are truely going bad for them.

    SK will talk a big bluster, then do some shelling of its own perhaps a few airstrikes, then stop. It has to cause more damage then what NK caused, but it cant directly threaten an actual war, as SK has far more to lose then NK
    Happy Hanukkah Cheerfull Kwanzaa
    Happy Christmas Merry New Year Festivus for the rest of us

  10. #160
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: North Korea reportedly fires at South

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Tammerlain View Post
    SK would have 1 hr before seeing shells and missiles hitting Seoul, the center of the government, economy of South Korea.

    Not to mention a possibility of a nuclear weapon being used by the NK if things are truely going bad for them.

    SK will talk a big bluster, then do some shelling of its own perhaps a few airstrikes, then stop. It has to cause more damage then what NK caused, but it cant directly threaten an actual war, as SK has far more to lose then NK
    Obviously they're not going to start any way. the DPRK will start it, and as such, Seoul's going to get messed up real bad. But North Korea won't exist once the dust settles. Hell, it'll be a race to see who can take their land first; my bets on China. They've got a crap load of guys on the border, and the South Koreans/Americans are going to be fighting a defensive war for a short time, while China goes in for the kill.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Page 16 of 53 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •