Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44

Thread: Taliban leader in secret talks was impostor

  1. #31
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,892
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Taliban Leader in Secret Talks Was an Impostor

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Yes, we should. However, we shouldn't annihilate total villages, as the Soviets did. This would be counter productive, obviously.
    Just do more of the same and hope for different results. Gotcha.
    I may be wrong.

  2. #32
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,242

    Re: Taliban Leader in Secret Talks Was an Impostor

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    Just do more of the same and hope for different results. Gotcha.
    Point out where I said that we should do more of the same? War is war and the only way to win a war, is to destroy the enemy's ability to wage war; and yes, civilian casaulties are a byproduct of that.

    There were 15,000 French civilians killed during the Normandy invasion. Does that mean we shouldn't have invaded? No, it doesn't.

    But, hey, we've been there for 9 years. Wanna be there for another 9 years? Keep doin' what we're doin'. Obviously, the half assed approach to warfare doesn't work.

    Or, we can leave, now and in 10 years, go back to fix the **** we didn't fix the first time around; which would be repeating the same mistake the first time we got involved in Afghanistan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #33
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,892
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Taliban Leader in Secret Talks Was an Impostor

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Point out where I said that we should do more of the same?
    You said that we should be more vicious than the Soviets. So you're saying we what has already been tried, but only more so.
    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    War is war and the only way to win a war, is to destroy the enemy's ability to wage war
    Where do these folks get there ability? Where do they get their resources?
    I may be wrong.

  4. #34
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,242

    Re: Taliban Leader in Secret Talks Was an Impostor

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    You said that we should be more vicious than the Soviets. So you're saying we what has already been tried, but only more so.
    I said that we should be more vicious, towards the enemy.

    BTW, the Soviet strategy was working, until the U.S. got involved.

    Where do these folks get there ability? Where do they get their resources?
    If your point, is that these folks get their ability--resources--from the populace, then you must realize that the people that aid the enemy, are they enemy, themsleves. If they're already aiding the bad guys, that means that they already hate us. Do you think that because we don't kill them, that they will change their minds?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #35
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,892
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Taliban Leader in Secret Talks Was an Impostor

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I said that we should be more vicious, towards the enemy.

    If your point, is that these folks get their ability--resources--from the populace, then you must realize that the people that aid the enemy, are they enemy, themsleves. If they're already aiding the bad guys, that means that they already hate us.
    And the enemy is the populace? I see.

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Do you think that because we don't kill them, that they will change their minds?
    Do you?
    When we treat the populace as the enemy, will that change their mind?

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    BTW, the Soviet strategy was working, until the U.S. got involved.
    Not from what I have read. They were having to clamp down on their own populace in the USSR to keep the bad news from getting around. They had to provide major security for their puppet government. They had to ship massive amounts of grain to Afghanistan to support the people in loyalist sectors.

    There's actually quite a long list of problems that the USSR had from before they even sent the 1st of their invading army in.

    If that's "working" I wouldn't wish it on the US.
    I may be wrong.

  6. #36
    Outer space potato man

    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    51,714

    Re: Taliban Leader in Secret Talks Was an Impostor

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Eventually, the common folks will stop giving sanctuary to the tallies. When they figure out that the reason that they getting lit up, is because tallies are holeing up in their village, they won't let the tallies come around.

    You know, common sense stuff.
    Pretty sure the opposite would happen. People tend to get pretty pissed off when you shoot up their homes. You'd be creating more "tallies."

    You know, common sense stuff.
    He touched her over her bra and underpants, she says, and guided her hand to touch him over his underwear
    Quote Originally Posted by Lutherf View Post
    We’ll say what? Something like “nothing happened” ... Yeah, we might say something like that.

  7. #37
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Taliban Leader in Secret Talks Was an Impostor

    I think this impostor story is funny. I wonde if him ordering a ham sandwich with Swiss on rye for lunch gave him away?

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post

    FTR, I am not sure that our rules of engagement etc have changed that much as a result of Obama's presidency. Perhaps I am wrong.
    I believe the rules of engagement are being dictated to us by Karzai and yes president bush did go along with them costing some of our young people their lives.

    If we are going to put our young people at risk Karzai needs to be told to sit down and shut the Hell up or we give not one ,more penny and remove his ass from office for stealing the last election.

    Then give the military what they need to win this BS war in a week and then come home. If we can defeat Japan and Germany we can sure as hell beat a Cult all we need to do is fight this war like it is a war and not some sissified girlie fight.

    I am tired of watching our young people die because some weak kneed limp wristed Liberals don't wasn't to upset the people who are aiding the enemy screw that.

    Sorry but there is collateral damage in a war it's a fact deal with it.

    Why do I think this impostor flap is funny? Because only Obama and other fools negotiate with terrorists.
    Last edited by Councilman; 11-23-10 at 09:56 PM.

  8. #38
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    GA
    Last Seen
    12-12-10 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    258

    Re: Taliban Leader in Secret Talks Was an Impostor

    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I don't think anyone's argument against this is "they don't care," but rather "you're going to murder thousands of innocent people."

    You're the military guy, so you tell me:
    How do you identify a hostile? Shoot anyone who is armed? How do you reconcile that with belief in the 2nd amendment? After all, doesn't everyone have the right to defend themselves and their homes?
    In Iraq the cilivans were told not to carry weapons. If they were armed, they knew better and was dealt with. See there is no Constitution at the time so there was NO RIGHT TO BEAR ARMS. Why do the people from the left cannot seem to understand this? Its quite simple.

  9. #39
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,892
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Taliban Leader in Secret Talks Was an Impostor

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Then give the military what they need to win this BS war in a week and then come home. If we can defeat Japan and Germany we can sure as hell beat a Cult al we need to do is fight this war like it is a war and not some sissified girlie fight.

    I am tired of watching our young people die because some weak kneed limp wristed Liberals don't wasn't to upset the people who are aiding the enemy screw that.

    Sorry but there is collateral damage in a war it's a fact deal with it.
    You've knocked the stuffing out of that strawman. I don't think he'll be able to stand up after the drubbing you gave him.
    I may be wrong.

  10. #40
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,242

    Re: Taliban Leader in Secret Talks Was an Impostor

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    And the enemy is the populace? I see.
    If the populace is aiding and abetting the bad guys, then, yes. They are.

    Do you?
    When we treat the populace as the enemy, will that change their mind?
    It worked during WW2. An historical example for ya, there.

    Not from what I have read. They were having to clamp down on their own populace in the USSR to keep the bad news from getting around. They had to provide major security for their puppet government. They had to ship massive amounts of grain to Afghanistan to support the people in loyalist sectors.

    There's actually quite a long list of problems that the USSR had from before they even sent the 1st of their invading army in.

    If that's "working" I wouldn't wish it on the US.

    I was referring to the military strategy.

    It's agreed that Communism doesn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •