Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 419

Thread: Obama's Democrats in disarray over expiring tax cuts

  1. #371
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama's Democrats in disarray over expiring tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    And after decades, we put together a bill that makes no sense that no one read. Then it passed.

    Most bogus "government" we've ever endured.
    Much of that has to do with dealing with the dishonest lies from people like Palin (lie of the year stuff) thatled us to make concessions and even adopt republican ideas (the mandate). That's what sometimes happens when congress decides not to solve a problem, but to use an issue to distort and influence votes. Shame on congress. Shame on people like Palin and Beck and Oberman.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  2. #372
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    12-09-17 @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,026

    Re: Obama's Democrats in disarray over expiring tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Much of that has to do with dealing with the dishonest lies from people like Palin (lie of the year stuff) thatled us to make concessions and even adopt republican ideas (the mandate). That's what sometimes happens when congress decides not to solve a problem, but to use an issue to distort and influence votes. Shame on congress. Shame on people like Palin and Beck and Oberman.
    And not even allowing Republicans to sit in on the meetings was nice, too.

  3. #373
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama's Democrats in disarray over expiring tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    And not even allowing Republicans to sit in on the meetings was nice, too.
    Do you honestly believe republicans wanted to contribute? Go back and read their commets, hwo they were going to oppose no matter what. Look at how they changed on a dime and failed to support their own ideas. You really can't take their effort seriously.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  4. #374
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Obama's Democrats in disarray over expiring tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Do you honestly believe republicans wanted to contribute? Go back and read their commets, hwo they were going to oppose no matter what. Look at how they changed on a dime and failed to support their own ideas. You really can't take their effort seriously.
    You mean like the meeting Obama had with Republicans when he told McCain basically that I won, you need to get over it? That kind of compromise and free exchange of ideas? Please tell us all how a party that demonized the Bush tax cuts for years, claimed they were for the rich, not the middle class, can now reverse those comments claiming now that the tax cuts are good for the economy? Couldn't they have done that months or a year ago?

  5. #375
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama's Democrats in disarray over expiring tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You mean like the meeting Obama had with Republicans when he told McCain basically that I won, you need to get over it? That kind of compromise and free exchange of ideas? Please tell us all how a party that demonized the Bush tax cuts for years, claimed they were for the rich, not the middle class, can now reverse those comments claiming now that the tax cuts are good for the economy? Couldn't they have done that months or a year ago?
    Perhaps you might more objective look at Obama's meetings with republicans and republican intentions concerning Obama. BTWm, how do you feel about republicans holding up aid for 9/11 heros until the rich got their tax cut?

    Stewart skewers GOP for blocking 9/11 responders bill | Raw Story

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #376
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Obama's Democrats in disarray over expiring tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Perhaps you might more objective look at Obama's meetings with republicans and republican intentions concerning Obama. BTWm, how do you feel about republicans holding up aid for 9/11 heros until the rich got their tax cut?

    Stewart skewers GOP for blocking 9/11 responders bill | Raw Story
    I don't have a problem with it because it has to be paid for and there wasn't any room for amendments or none were allowed. How many billions have been spent on 9/11 and why now at the end of the Congressional year it is a priority? Typical leftwing spin

    By the way, I watched Obama adressing McCain

  7. #377
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama's Democrats in disarray over expiring tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    I don't have a problem with it because it has to be paid for and there wasn't any room for amendments or none were allowed. How many billions have been spent on 9/11 and why now at the end of the Congressional year it is a priority? Typical leftwing spin

    By the way, I watched Obama adressing McCain
    Sad. Truely sad.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  8. #378
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Obama's Democrats in disarray over expiring tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Sad. Truely sad.
    What continues to be sad is how you run from actually addressing the points made.

  9. #379
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama's Democrats in disarray over expiring tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What continues to be sad is how you run from actually addressing the points made.
    Think about your point. You support cutting taxes so there is less money to pay for it and then say we shoudln't take care of those who served us so heroically until we pay for it. Good things our heros don't act that way, but instead risk their lives for us, only to be abandoned in their hour of need.

    Yes, that is sad, and your positiion is sad.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  10. #380
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: Obama's Democrats in disarray over expiring tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Think about your point. You support cutting taxes so there is less money to pay for it and then say we shoudln't take care of those who served us so heroically until we pay for it. Good things our heros don't act that way, but instead risk their lives for us, only to be abandoned in their hour of need.

    Yes, that is sad, and your positiion is sad.
    I reject your premise that tax cuts reduce govt. revenue and proved it a number of times actually giving you non partisan data sites. Not sure how long you expected tax cuts to work but they did work from 2003-2007. They did not nor could they have prevented the financial bubble which caused the recession that began in December 2007, a recession that ended in June 2009 with the help of those tax cuts which you are still benefiting from.

    So do you honestly believe we need 7+ billion dollars to handle those first responders that may be in need of help?

Page 38 of 42 FirstFirst ... 283637383940 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •