Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 419

Thread: Obama's Democrats in disarray over expiring tax cuts

  1. #281
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:38 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,824

    Re: Obama's Democrats in disarray over expiring tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    that people who don't pay taxes or don't pay near what they use want others to pay more is the sort of parasitic behavior that the dems use to win elections
    If l you repeat a lie a million times does that then confer some sort of faux integrity to the lie? People pay taxes. Everybody who buys something in this country pays taxes. Everybody who earn a paycheck pays taxes. Everybody who puts gas in their car pays taxes. There are a wide variety of taxes on a wide variety of things in this land.

    It would be nice if you gave everyone hear a Christmas present and started being honest about this.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  2. #282
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,634

    Re: Obama's Democrats in disarray over expiring tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    If l you repeat a lie a million times does that then confer some sort of faux integrity to the lie? People pay taxes. Everybody who buys something in this country pays taxes. Everybody who earn a paycheck pays taxes. Everybody who puts gas in their car pays taxes. There are a wide variety of taxes on a wide variety of things in this land.

    It would be nice if you gave everyone hear a Christmas present and started being honest about this.
    your posts prove my point. THe dems appeal to those who think others ought to pay more taxes. Many americans pay little or no FEDERAL INCOME TAXES and that is the political issue-not gasoline taxes or taxes on sporting arms



  3. #283
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:38 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,824

    Re: Obama's Democrats in disarray over expiring tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    your posts prove my point. THe dems appeal to those who think others ought to pay more taxes. Many americans pay little or no FEDERAL INCOME TAXES and that is the political issue-not gasoline taxes or taxes on sporting arms
    NO - that is the narrow issue that you and libertarian right wing conservatives wish to prop up in your scheme to deprive tens of millions of people from voting in elections. You Turtle, despite your pretend wealth, despite you proclaimed fortune, despite your boast of piles of cash in your mansion, you do NOT get to decide the issue. You do not get to take all the various taxes in this land and narrow it down to one and forget about the impact of paying all the others. No matter how hard you may try, no matter what the Cato Institute may say and no matter what right wing net pundits say. You do not get to decide that issue.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  4. #284
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama's Democrats in disarray over expiring tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Where did I say never. Even an apoloigist may disagree once in a great while
    Actually, that's not true. If it were, there would be no difference between an apologist and someone who actually agrees with him or them. It is the pointless need to exaggerate to make you opponents opinion seem less valid that is the problem here. Instead of addressing the stance, the issue, you exaggerate and say that agreeing equals being an apologist. That's not only an exaggeration on your part, but illogical.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  5. #285
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama's Democrats in disarray over expiring tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Actually, that's not true. If it were, there would be no difference between an apologist and someone who actually agrees with him or them. It is the pointless need to exaggerate to make you opponents opinion seem less valid that is the problem here. Instead of addressing the stance, the issue, you exaggerate and say that agreeing equals being an apologist. That's not only an exaggeration on your part, but illogical.
    I notice you can not show where i said never.

    You are wrong. Even religious apologist disagree at times on some doctrines.

    No two people agree 100% of the time so yes an apologist will disagree once in a while

  6. #286
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama's Democrats in disarray over expiring tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    I notice you can not show where i said never.

    You are wrong. Even religious apologist disagree at times on some doctrines.

    No two people agree 100% of the time so yes an apologist will disagree once in a while
    I didn't think that was necessary, but I'll break down your words for you:

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219
    And Obama who can do no wrong in Boo's eyes
    No, none, never.

    But let's look at more hyperbole:

    [QUOTE'ptif219]You are an Obama apologist and good liberal who want to destroy this country and its economic system.[/QUOTE]


    Yes, people who disagree merely want to destroy this country. No exaggeration there.

    BTW, it was in answering that post that I first called you on being hyperbolic and exaggerating.

    Quote Originally Posted by BR
    Please, wild hyperbolic exaggeration is never a good argument.
    We then went on about it being a exaggeration, and you then came up with this:

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219
    No its not you just won't believe anything negative about the dems or Obama
    Not believe ANYTHING. That's what you said. Would you really argue that doesn't mean I never find fault?

    Again, I didn't think this should be necessary. You should know what you have written, and what those words mean.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #287
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama's Democrats in disarray over expiring tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I didn't think that was necessary, but I'll break down your words for you:



    No, none, never.

    But let's look at more hyperbole:

    [QUOTE'ptif219]You are an Obama apologist and good liberal who want to destroy this country and its economic system.

    Yes, people who disagree merely want to destroy this country. No exaggeration there.

    BTW, it was in answering that post that I first called you on being hyperbolic and exaggerating.



    We then went on about it being a exaggeration, and you then came up with this:



    Not believe ANYTHING. That's what you said. Would you really argue that doesn't mean I never find fault?

    Again, I didn't think this should be necessary. You should know what you have written, and what those words mean. [/QUOTE]

    You make my point. You say you disagree with Obama on Afghanistan but you still support his effort there. Your disagreements never condemn Obamas policy but you think he should do more so you justify what he has done but you think he should do more.

    Taxes on the rich in a bad economic time can destroy this country. Dream act will hurt us. Obama care will destroy healthcare as we know it. Not an exaggeration but an opinion. You disagree but that is because you support and agenda that is bad for this country
    Last edited by ptif219; 12-10-10 at 12:03 PM.

  8. #288
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama's Democrats in disarray over expiring tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    You make my point. You say you disagree with Obama on Afghanistan but you still support his effort there. Your disagreements never condemn Obamas policy but you think he should do more so you justify what he has done but you think he should do more.

    Taxes on the rich in a bad economic time can destroy this country. Dream act will hurt us. Obama care will destroy healthcare as we know it. Not an exaggeration but an opinion. You disagree but that is because you support and agenda that is bad for this country
    No, I never said I support his actions there, in fact I have said just the opposite. Pay attention, Afghanistan is the right place to focus our attention, not Iraq. However, the Afghan surge is the wrong move and does not win the day. In the end, we will have to back up and deal with as we should have from the begininig, with a pared down and more focused effort. You try to turn this into being a apologist while ignoreing the actual position. This is not only an exaggeration on your part, but dishonest.

    And no, there is no evidence that taxes on the rich destroy the economy. You are again exaggerating when you say that. There's even been a study posted ont hsi forum that showed taxes on the rich would not effect jobs at all. And that not taxing them or giving them a tax cut also would not effect jobs. When you ignore evidence to the contrary and make a wild declarative statement like you do here, you are exaggerating.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #289
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama's Democrats in disarray over expiring tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    No, I never said I support his actions there, in fact I have said just the opposite. Pay attention, Afghanistan is the right place to focus our attention, not Iraq. However, the Afghan surge is the wrong move and does not win the day. In the end, we will have to back up and deal with as we should have from the begininig, with a pared down and more focused effort. You try to turn this into being a apologist while ignoreing the actual position. This is not only an exaggeration on your part, but dishonest.

    And no, there is no evidence that taxes on the rich destroy the economy. You are again exaggerating when you say that. There's even been a study posted ont hsi forum that showed taxes on the rich would not effect jobs at all. And that not taxing them or giving them a tax cut also would not effect jobs. When you ignore evidence to the contrary and make a wild declarative statement like you do here, you are exaggerating.
    Yet you support Obamma being in Afghanistan you just disagree with his tactics.

    Obama says it will create jobs. Is he lying.

  10. #290
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama's Democrats in disarray over expiring tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Yet you support Obamma being in Afghanistan you just disagree with his tactics.

    Obama says it will create jobs. Is he lying.
    Just as I supported bush being in Afghanistan, yes. As I have said from day one, Afghanistan made made sense. Iraq didn't.

    And lying? As much as any politiican. I've said repeatedly, with both presidents, no president creates jobs or controls the economy. This is my viewer and I wasn't apologizing for Bush when I said during his presidency and it is not apologising for Obama now.

    Again, try to side step disagreement by calling it being an apologist. this means you don't have to deal with the actual view. your exaggeration is not good form.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

Page 29 of 42 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •