Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 419

Thread: Obama's Democrats in disarray over expiring tax cuts

  1. #271
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: Obama's Democrats in disarray over expiring tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    I've been around a long time, and have a history ofn saying even during the Bush adminstration that Afghanistan masde some sense. It was going on the snipe hunt in Iraq that bothered me most. It was the sningle most reckless move in the last few decades.

    That said, I think I stated clearly what I have a problem with and what I think should be done.
    The Hindu Kush is full of snipes for Obama to shoot at. America will be fighting Obama's war for years.

  2. #272
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama's Democrats in disarray over expiring tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    because I believe in some of his policies. But that isn't where you stop. Read your quote again.
    Yet you do not show how any of it is an exaggeration. Look how you try to play it down by saying some. I would say it is more like most and you disagree seldom.

  3. #273
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Dunedin, Florida
    Last Seen
    12-24-10 @ 12:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    209

    Re: Obama's Democrats in disarray over expiring tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    I find the red part quite odd. No one ran on any of the issues last election. The Tea party sure isn't in agreement on them. What they agree on is low taxes, fiscal accountability, smaller government and the Constitution. They purposely avoided the things you said you voted on.
    Maybe in Texas they didn't run run these issues, but here in Florida they sure did. Rick Scott knocked McCollum right out of the top spot by showing ads with him saying "We don't need a law like that here in Florida" (referring to Arizona's SB1070 immigration law). As for Islamization, it's a big issue in New York because of 9/11 and the Ground Zero Mosque (among other things).
    Also, to say the Tea party isn't in agreement on these + gun control and the death penalty doesn't sound quite right. Upon whay do you base that ?
    Last edited by Protectionist; 12-09-10 at 01:35 AM. Reason: typos

  4. #274
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,274

    Re: Obama's Democrats in disarray over expiring tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Yet you do not show how any of it is an exaggeration. Look how you try to play it down by saying some. I would say it is more like most and you disagree seldom.

    Common tactic Joe uses, and has for years and years. It is ofcourse a fallacy, but one that he will never admit. When I first met him online, and debated him he was much more honest in his argument than now, although I am sure he would say the same of me. Which is why I won't from this point forward, and until some time in the future when I have discerned that he is willing to get back to an honest form of discussion, and not this Allensky crap and pablum he puts out, debate him further. It is quite pointless to argue with someone who thinks that shifting goal posts, and outright about faces in position are fair when they do it. Not to mention the name calling. He is done for now in my book.

    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  5. #275
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama's Democrats in disarray over expiring tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    Yet you do not show how any of it is an exaggeration. Look how you try to play it down by saying some. I would say it is more like most and you disagree seldom.
    Ah, but I do disagree. So your statement was an exaggeration. I do believe you and j have reading difficulties. Sadly.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  6. #276
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama's Democrats in disarray over expiring tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Common tactic Joe uses, and has for years and years. It is ofcourse a fallacy, but one that he will never admit. When I first met him online, and debated him he was much more honest in his argument than now, although I am sure he would say the same of me. Which is why I won't from this point forward, and until some time in the future when I have discerned that he is willing to get back to an honest form of discussion, and not this Allensky crap and pablum he puts out, debate him further. It is quite pointless to argue with someone who thinks that shifting goal posts, and outright about faces in position are fair when they do it. Not to mention the name calling. He is done for now in my book.

    j-mac


    You have comprehension problems and blame others?

    Be well my friend.


    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  7. #277
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama's Democrats in disarray over expiring tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    Ah, but I do disagree. So your statement was an exaggeration. I do believe you and j have reading difficulties. Sadly.
    It is not an exaggeration just because you do not agree.

  8. #278
    Sage
    Boo Radley's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Last Seen
    11-22-17 @ 04:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    36,858

    Re: Obama's Democrats in disarray over expiring tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by ptif219 View Post
    It is not an exaggeration just because you do not agree.
    If you say I never disagree or see wrong in Obama and democrats, and clear examples are given in which I do disagree and see wrong in both, as has been done, you do exaggerate. This is really too simple for you and j to be having this much trouble understanding.

    AUSTAN GOOLSBEE: I think the world vests too much power, certainly in the president, probably in Washington in general for its influence on the economy, because most all of the economy has nothing to do with the government.

  9. #279
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    melbourne florida
    Last Seen
    09-24-15 @ 12:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    13,156

    Re: Obama's Democrats in disarray over expiring tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    If you say I never disagree or see wrong in Obama and democrats, and clear examples are given in which I do disagree and see wrong in both, as has been done, you do exaggerate. This is really too simple for you and j to be having this much trouble understanding.
    Where did I say never. Even an apoloigist may disagree once in a great while

  10. #280
    warrior of the wetlands
    TurtleDude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    180,685

    Re: Obama's Democrats in disarray over expiring tax cuts

    Quote Originally Posted by Barbbtx View Post
    Tea party was against raising taxes on anyone. Taxed Enough Already, but stick it to the rich? I don't think so.
    That's not what they meant. The Republican did well to defend everyone's best interest to keep more of their own money.
    that people who don't pay taxes or don't pay near what they use want others to pay more is the sort of parasitic behavior that the dems use to win elections



Page 28 of 42 FirstFirst ... 18262728293038 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •