Page 65 of 67 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 666

Thread: House GOP blocks bill to extend jobless benefits

  1. #641
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: House GOP blocks bill to extend jobless benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    OK this is getting painful. Just start reseraching the federal reserve (The feds is wrong) its the Fed. The small difference is that Feds implies it is run by the federal government and it is not.

    I work closely with the banking industry. I consult on many issues including federal monitary policy, regulations and on occasion pull out a crystal ball. I was heavlily involved in trying to stop the Durbin act and work closely with the SEC, CUNA and several other financial support organizations. I have been very busy in the merger and aquisition of over 300 small banks and credit unions. In fact we are loosing about one credit union a day and have been for a few years. Expect it to continue. I am currently involved in helping medium and small banks prepair for the latest of two rounds of regulations involving the fair credit act in regards to risk based lending and the go green act that will require a reduction in papaer statments. Trust me I understant banks.
    Look, there is no question that banks get money from the Federal Reserve but they also get a lot of money from individual depositors that they use to lend to others. If you work with banks you would understand that as well.

  2. #642
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: House GOP blocks bill to extend jobless benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Look, there is no question that banks get money from the Federal Reserve but they also get a lot of money from individual depositors that they use to lend to others. If you work with banks you would understand that as well.
    What do you think the Federal Reserve is, a central bank?

  3. #643
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: House GOP blocks bill to extend jobless benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    What do you think the Federal Reserve is, a central bank?
    What is this argument about? Of course banks get money from the Fed but they also get money from individuals who give their money to the banks to put into various investment options all of which are used by the banks to loan money. This entire discussion is nothing more than a diversion from the disaster that is in the WH.

  4. #644
    Educator ender1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    08-01-11 @ 11:13 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    646

    Re: House GOP blocks bill to extend jobless benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    What is this argument about? Of course banks get money from the Fed but they also get money from individuals who give their money to the banks to put into various investment options all of which are used by the banks to loan money. This entire discussion is nothing more than a diversion from the disaster that is in the WH.
    You were very critical of my knowledge of business and banking. I was making a point. You are quick to be critical of others you know very little about. Before you spout off about someone not having a clue you may want to consider how little you know them.

  5. #645
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: House GOP blocks bill to extend jobless benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by ender1 View Post
    You were very critical of my knowledge of business and banking. I was making a point. You are quick to be critical of others you know very little about. Before you spout off about someone not having a clue you may want to consider how little you know them.
    You have shown me zero evidence that you understand how to run a business but you have shown that you really don't know how banks operate. Carry on making a fool of yourself.

  6. #646
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: House GOP blocks bill to extend jobless benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You have shown me zero evidence that you understand how to run a business but you have shown that you really don't know how banks operate. Carry on making a fool of yourself.

    So what do you think about the mark to market rules?

  7. #647
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: House GOP blocks bill to extend jobless benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    So what do you think about the mark to market rules?
    Still waiting for an answer to my question from you, what year was that 20 billion budget gap for the state of TX.

  8. #648
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: House GOP blocks bill to extend jobless benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    You have shown me zero evidence that you understand how to run a business but you have shown that you really don't know how banks operate. Carry on making a fool of yourself.
    Pot calling kettle black. I suggest you take your HUGE amount of knowledge AND understanding and call your Senators. I'll tell you now that youve managed to make very foolish statements that are VERY ignorant on this forum. You ATTACK other people on here like some mad dog.

    Look man you dont know everything. So keep yourself in check and try to understand each others view. Im pretty sure there are people on here that can out do youself in business AND class regarding posting.
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

  9. #649
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,293

    Re: House GOP blocks bill to extend jobless benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant Noodle View Post
    Pot calling kettle black. I suggest you take your HUGE amount of knowledge AND understanding and call your Senators. I'll tell you now that youve managed to make very foolish statements that are VERY ignorant on this forum. You ATTACK other people on here like some mad dog.

    Look man you dont know everything. So keep yourself in check and try to understand each others view. Im pretty sure there are people on here that can out do youself in business AND class regarding posting.
    There probably are and they call themselves Conservatives. I don't think a Libertarian has a clue.

  10. #650
    Sage
    The Giant Noodle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Last Seen
    11-03-14 @ 05:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    7,333

    Re: House GOP blocks bill to extend jobless benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    There probably are and they call themselves Conservatives. I don't think a Libertarian has a clue.

    Look that works in your Hannity learning play-pen but not in the real world. If you want to TALK about things instead of insulting people to the point where someone has to step in and take away you 'ball' like a unruly kid at recess. Fine.

    If you acted like a mature person regarding posting, you wouldnt be giving your Party a black eye.

    Now PLEASE... take a deep breath.... log off for an hour...... and then comeback and we can DISCUSS things without getting personal.
    CORPORATE GREED AND UNION GREED
    DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS
    DESTROYING THE BEST OF AMERICA ONE DAY AT A TIME

    This is the worst kind of discrimination. The kind against ME! ~ Bender

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •