Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 666

Thread: House GOP blocks bill to extend jobless benefits

  1. #201
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,896
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: House GOP blocks bill to extend jobless benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    They take the assumptions given them by the Congress and make projections based upon those assumptions. If the assumptions are wrong then the predictions are wrong and that happens most of the time.
    Which assumptions, in this particular instance, are incorrect?
    I may be wrong.

  2. #202
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: House GOP blocks bill to extend jobless benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    LOL, unfunded tax cuts? Here are the budget items for the U.S.Govt. Do you see tax cuts as a line item? How can people keeping more of what they earn be an expense to the govt? where do you think corporate profit taxes come from?

    Defense
    International Affairs
    Gen. Science, Space
    Energy
    Natural resources/env
    Agriculture
    Commerce
    Transportation
    Community Dev
    Education/Train/Social
    Health
    Medicare
    Income Security
    Social Security
    Veterans Benefits
    Justice
    General Govt.
    Net Interest
    We would have more revenue if not for the tax cuts.

    Rinse, Repeat.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  3. #203
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: House GOP blocks bill to extend jobless benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    That is not even an answer. But it is what I have come to expect.
    The answer is there, in one of the components of GDP. Go there an learn

  4. #204
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: House GOP blocks bill to extend jobless benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    We would have more revenue if not for the tax cuts.

    Rinse, Repeat.
    That is your opinion but then again I am sure you always spend more when you have less take home pay. Still waiting where corporate profit taxes come from?

  5. #205
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: House GOP blocks bill to extend jobless benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    That is your opinion but then again I am sure you always spend more when you have less take home pay. Still waiting where corporate profit taxes come from?
    I'm not having my taxes raised.

    They come from profit. I know, we should tax them at only 1% then we could buy the world!
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  6. #206
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 09:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,896
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: House GOP blocks bill to extend jobless benefits

    I can't help but notice that GOP cites the CBO with regularity when it suits their purposes.
    As do the Dems.

    These parties are playing their partisans.
    I may be wrong.

  7. #207
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: House GOP blocks bill to extend jobless benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    I'm not having my taxes raised.

    They come from profit. I know, we should tax them at only 1% then we could buy the world!
    Probably because you are one of the 47% that don't pay any net income taxes.

    So corporate taxes come from profits? Interesting, so when people have more spendable income does that have any affect on profits? I am sure that someone as bright as you can figure out that corporate profits come from consumer spending and if taxes go up consumers have less money to spend thus affecting corporate profits which you said that made up most of that revenue increase after the tax rate cuts.

    I suggest going to the U.S. Treasury site and find out what part of that revenue increase came from individual income and corporate taxes?

  8. #208
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: House GOP blocks bill to extend jobless benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    I can't help but notice that GOP cites the CBO with regularity when it suits their purposes.
    As do the Dems.

    These parties are playing their partisans.
    Probably yet I never cite the CBO except to prove a liberal wrong when their original projections are revised, i.e. the healthcare costs that originally claimed that costs would go down but were then revised upwards showing that costs would actually increase which obviously makes sense.

    I prefer actual data to projections when citing facts.

  9. #209
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Last Seen
    09-24-17 @ 04:38 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    29,261

    Re: House GOP blocks bill to extend jobless benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Probably yet I never cite the CBO except to prove a liberal wrong when their original projections are revised, i.e. the healthcare costs that originally claimed that costs would go down but were then revised upwards showing that costs would actually increase which obviously makes sense.

    I prefer actual data to projections when citing facts.

    So you cite them when it suits your purpose just like Simon said

  10. #210
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:41 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,252

    Re: House GOP blocks bill to extend jobless benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by winston53660 View Post
    So you cite them when it suits your purpose just like Simon said
    When have I ever cited CBO numbers unless to refute someone posting them first? I accept CBO numbers for what they are, projections not accurate data. That data comes from the U.S. Treasury which is the checkbook of the U.S.

Page 21 of 67 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •