Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
Results 161 to 170 of 666

Thread: House GOP blocks bill to extend jobless benefits

  1. #161
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: House GOP blocks bill to extend jobless benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by TurtleDude View Post
    its more like a ten percent increase in taxes. a 3% increase of the tax rate is much more than a 3 percent increase in the taxes


    Sounds profitable.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  2. #162
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: House GOP blocks bill to extend jobless benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by haymarket View Post
    Conservative - you misread or make a false assumption when I refer to the Founding Fathers .... I am talking about the power given to Congress to levy a tariff.

    Harshaw - people without jobs cannot buy products be they cheaply priced, moderately priced or expensively priced. I do not want to punish the poor but rather eradicate most of the poor by elevating them into the middle class of workers. Eliminating good paying manufacturing jobs in America in exchange for saying "welcome to Wal Mart" and inexpensive toothpaste is not my idea of The American Dream.
    Do you realize what you are promoting here? Doubt is and wonder exactly what you learned in school about this country, its Founders, and its economy? Define for us good paying jobs? It isn't up to you or anyone else to tell business what to pay its employees nor do you have the right to force someone else to pay for services you deem necessary. You have the right to spend your money the way you want. I don't think you have a clue how business works, what risk taking is, what businesses do with their profits or why profits are necessary. You certainly don't understand Wal-Mart or the benefits Wal-Mart provides to its workers and the community. Some people are simply lost in their own world and cannot admit when wrong.

  3. #163
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: House GOP blocks bill to extend jobless benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    That answer is way too obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  4. #164
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: House GOP blocks bill to extend jobless benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002 View Post
    So yeah, it's pretty simplistic how you present these numbers and your causes for the increase.
    CBO says this, CBO says that, why don't you find out how often CBO is correct and how often they are wrong? Stop using CBO as an expert because CBO is far from being the expert. They take the assumptions given them by the Congress and make projections based upon those assumptions. If the assumptions are wrong then the predictions are wrong and that happens most of the time. What I posted were actual numbers and I am waiting for you to explain to me how tax rates were cut and more revenue went to the govt? The fact is that reality flies in the face of liberal rhetoric which states that in no way can you cut rates and grow revenue. That is because liberals don't understand incentive, human behavior, and the economy in general that we have.

  5. #165
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: House GOP blocks bill to extend jobless benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Do you realize what you are promoting here? Doubt is and wonder exactly what you learned in school about this country, its Founders, and its economy? Define for us good paying jobs? It isn't up to you or anyone else to tell business what to pay its employees nor do you have the right to force someone else to pay for services you deem necessary. You have the right to spend your money the way you want. I don't think you have a clue how business works, what risk taking is, what businesses do with their profits or why profits are necessary. You certainly don't understand Wal-Mart or the benefits Wal-Mart provides to its workers and the community. Some people are simply lost in their own world and cannot admit when wrong.
    please explain the benefits walmart provides to its workers and the community...

  6. #166
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: House GOP blocks bill to extend jobless benefits

    =independent_thinker2002;1059113909]Spending is a problem.

    If spending is "THE Problem", why are you focusing on taxes?
    I only focus on taxes because that is what liberals want to focus on. I have given you what I believe the role of the govt. is and the line items that the Federal Govt. is responsible. Liberals are the ones that call tax revenue an expense to the govt.


    The banks are dependent on the govt. because of liberals?
    Banks are dependent on individuals making and depositing money into their banks.


    Because they don't want to pass the cost off to the next generation. Spending is a problem. Borrowing money for that spending is a bigger problem.
    Simple answer, stop the spending on items that are better handled at the state and local levels. Get the Federal Govt. back to the Constitutional requirements.

    Which party wants to pay for current spending rather than pass it off to the next generations?
    When have liberals proposed spending cuts? PayGo is a lost issue with liberals, how do you pay for the extension of unemployment benefits?

    You guys aren't going to cut that much spending. It sounded good during campaigns, but when the rubber meets the road, they'll still be running a deficit.
    You don't know what the GOP is going to do but the fact is we cannot continue like the Democrats have done for the past four years. The only way to get out of a debt this size is to grow your way out of it and do so by slowing the growth in the size of govt. and actually cutting some areas.

    Spending is a problem
    It is THE problem. Stop forcing people to spend THEIR money on issues you deem important that they don't.

  7. #167
    Sage
    Conservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:13 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    67,249

    Re: House GOP blocks bill to extend jobless benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by randel View Post
    please explain the benefits walmart provides to its workers and the community...
    Job, jobs, jobs, opportunities for advancement, benefits for their employees, personal development for individuals, and lower costs for the consumers in the area

  8. #168
    Bus Driver to Hell
    Thorgasm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    12-06-17 @ 11:17 AM
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    68,191

    Re: House GOP blocks bill to extend jobless benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    CBO says this, CBO says that, why don't you find out how often CBO is correct and how often they are wrong? Stop using CBO as an expert because CBO is far from being the expert. They take the assumptions given them by the Congress and make projections based upon those assumptions. If the assumptions are wrong then the predictions are wrong and that happens most of the time. What I posted were actual numbers and I am waiting for you to explain to me how tax rates were cut and more revenue went to the govt? The fact is that reality flies in the face of liberal rhetoric which states that in no way can you cut rates and grow revenue. That is because liberals don't understand incentive, human behavior, and the economy in general that we have.
    I did explain. Corporate income taxes accounted for the bulk of the increase.

    Now attack everything that doesn't support your view. You posted numbers and attributed your own spin on those numbers. I showed you something that disagreed with it. You attack the CBO's predictions but this was a historical analysis. Tell me more about what liberals don't understand.
    Quote Originally Posted by faithful_servant View Post
    Being a psychiatric patient does not mean that you are mentally ill.



  9. #169
    Sage

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:42 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    89,602

    Re: House GOP blocks bill to extend jobless benefits

    How about answering the question, how long should the taxpayer fund people who are unemployed
    When the harsh snows of winter ends one does not need to shovel the sidewalk anymore. I would have thought everyone knew that.
    __________________________________________________ _
    There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.... John Rogers

  10. #170
    Sage

    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Last Seen
    11-06-17 @ 08:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    5,490

    Re: House GOP blocks bill to extend jobless benefits

    Quote Originally Posted by Conservative View Post
    Job, jobs, jobs, opportunities for advancement, benefits for their employees, personal development for individuals, and lower costs for the consumers in the area
    what kind of jobs? what do these jobs pay? what kind of benefits? is their perhaps a reason for their 'low' prices?

Page 17 of 67 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •