Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 188

Thread: Terrorist found not guilty

  1. #1
    Sage
    j-mac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    South Carolina
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 03:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    30,272

    Terrorist found not guilty

    Ahmed Ghailani, was a member of al-Qaeda and one of the FBI’s most wanted terrorist since 2001. Ghailani was captured in 2004 and held at the Guantanamo Bay detention camp for his acts of terrorism that include the bombing of two U.S. embassies.

    The Obama administration made a controversial decision to have Ghailani stand trial in the U.S. District Court of New York, opting for a civilian trial over a military tribunal, despite the fact that Ghailani was captured on a battlefield and classified a “enemy combatant.”

    On Wednesday, Ahmed Ghailani was found not guilty of all but one charge by a federal jury in New York.

    Terrorist found not guilty - Atlantic City Government | Examiner.com
    Yet another embarrassing defeat for this clown in the WH.


    j-mac
    Americans are so enamored of equality that they would rather be equal in slavery than unequal in freedom.

    Alexis de Tocqueville

  2. #2
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: Terrorist found not guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yet another embarrassing defeat for this clown in the WH.


    j-mac
    Yes, it's a defeat for Obama. It's also a defeat for America. At the present rate America is going to lose whatever war is being fought by Obama.

  3. #3
    Farts in Elevators
    OscarB63's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Alabama
    Last Seen
    09-06-14 @ 07:26 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26,526

    Re: Terrorist found not guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yet another embarrassing defeat for this clown in the WH.


    j-mac
    I take comfort in the fact that the "one charge" they got him on carries a minimum 20 year sentence and a max of life.
    The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

    An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.

  4. #4
    Sage

    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Undisclosed
    Last Seen
    03-18-13 @ 02:59 PM
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    5,544

    Re: Terrorist found not guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by OscarB63 View Post
    I take comfort in the fact that the "one charge" they got him on carries a minimum 20 year sentence and a max of life.
    The terrorist was acquited on all murder charges. He was convicted of conspiracy to damage govt. property. That is the same crime that gangbangers are convicted of when they tag an exterior wall of a federal bldg.

    The terrorist will never serve twenty years in prison. He will be released early because he was only convicted of damaging property.

    This is a major defeat for the US Justice Dept. The American criminal justice system is a joke when it comes to Jihadis.

  5. #5
    User
    Chappy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    San Francisco
    Last Seen
    04-07-15 @ 01:50 AM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,443
    Blog Entries
    26

    Re: Terrorist found not guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yet another embarrassing defeat for this clown in the WH.
    It was the clown who left the WH two years ago who brought about the 284 not guilty verdicts by allowing Ghailani to be abused while in detention and thereby prevented critical evidence from being entered into court.

    And the judge, in rejecting the critical evidence, noted that Ghailani would likely remain in detention regardless of trial's outcome because of his enemy combatant status.

    Plus, the single guilty verdict that the jury did return carries with it a maximum sentence of 20 years. Some justice was rescued from the malfeasance of the Bush administration.

    But, more important, in a pre-trial judgment, the judge ruled that Ghailani could be tried despite having been abused while in custody.

    It won't be easy going forward with other defendants because evidence obtained under torture will be excluded, but, the precedent has been established that the Bush administration has not completely undermined the American justice system.
    “Real environmentalists live in cities, and they visit what's left of the wilderness as gently and respectfully as possible.” — Donna Moulton, letter to the editor, Tucson Weekly, published on August 23, 2001

  6. #6
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: Terrorist found not guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by j-mac View Post
    Yet another embarrassing defeat for this clown in the WH.


    j-mac
    We can also thank Eric Holder for the outcome along with Obama. This is what happens when they are tried in civilian courts and get the same rights as American citizens. This is a circus.
    Can Liberals do anything right???.
    No they can't and they don't know how to produce positive and useful results.
    So much for Liberal bright ideas.
    Hurry up 2012!!!!!!
    Catch me if you can.

  7. #7
    Holy Crap!
    Red Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Hawaii, USA
    Last Seen
    12-06-15 @ 11:54 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,429

    Re: Terrorist found not guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    It was the clown who left the WH two years ago who brought about the 284 not guilty verdicts by allowing Ghailani to be abused while in detention and thereby prevented critical evidence from being entered into court.

    And the judge, in rejecting the critical evidence, noted that Ghailani would likely remain in detention regardless of trial's outcome because of his enemy combatant status.

    Plus, the single guilty verdict that the jury did return carries with it a maximum sentence of 20 years. Some justice was rescued from the malfeasance of the Bush administration.

    But, more important, in a pre-trial judgment, the judge ruled that Ghailani could be tried despite having been abused while in custody.

    It won't be easy going forward with other defendants because evidence obtained under torture will be excluded, but, the precedent has been established that the Bush administration has not completely undermined the American justice system.
    I am so sick and tired of the same crap said over and over again:

    It's all Bush's fault!!!!.

    And the idiot that is in charge now is not responsible for anything.
    What a bunch of crap.
    Catch me if you can.

  8. #8
    Dungeon Master
    Somewhere in Babylon
    Jetboogieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Somewhere in Babylon...
    Last Seen
    @
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,272
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Terrorist found not guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Crow View Post
    I am so sick and tired of the same crap said over and over again:

    It's all Bush's fault!!!!.

    And the idiot that is in charge now is not responsible for anything.
    What a bunch of crap.
    Can you actually refute what Chappy Said?

    Or do you prefer Show Trials?

    Stalin Liked Show Trials...

    Are you a communist sir?

  9. #9
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,499

    Re: Terrorist found not guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by Chappy View Post
    It was the clown who left the WH two years ago who brought about the 284 not guilty verdicts by allowing Ghailani to be abused while in detention and thereby prevented critical evidence from being entered into court.

    And the judge, in rejecting the critical evidence, noted that Ghailani would likely remain in detention regardless of trial's outcome because of his enemy combatant status.

    Plus, the single guilty verdict that the jury did return carries with it a maximum sentence of 20 years. Some justice was rescued from the malfeasance of the Bush administration.

    But, more important, in a pre-trial judgment, the judge ruled that Ghailani could be tried despite having been abused while in custody.

    It won't be easy going forward with other defendants because evidence obtained under torture will be excluded, but, the precedent has been established that the Bush administration has not completely undermined the American justice system.
    If someone were try to mine this statement for a consistent set of principles other than BUSH SUCKS OBAMA IS AWESOME, they're not going to find it.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  10. #10
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:30 AM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,499

    Re: Terrorist found not guilty

    Quote Originally Posted by Jetboogieman View Post
    Can you actually refute what Chappy Said?

    Or do you prefer Show Trials?
    What "show trials"? You mean like making all sorts of pomp and circumstance about trying these guys in civilian courts but then assuring everyone that they'd remain in prison no matter the verdict? That kind of thing?
    Last edited by Harshaw; 11-18-10 at 02:53 PM.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •